Emmie's Organic Kosher Daddy, 2020

Harvest!, Day 66

Our other two Kosher Daddy's are done... amber showing up at about 10% at the very top. There are many things that could have been done better in this first grow in the new house, and we will do better with her next time. I don't think we are going to complain about the quality of this harvest, just maybe the amount that we have ended up with... guessing right now at around 2.5 per plant.

Our first seeded branch is coming out in this harvest, so we will take special care with that branch, and guess what I am going to be doing during this football game day? That's right, trimming while watching the game!

Here are some early pictures... numbers and more pictures coming later...

DSCF8873.JPG
DSCF8872.JPG
DSCF8871.JPG
DSCF8870.JPG

Veg, Day 14

I can't keep water in these cups any longer, the plants easily sucked them dry in less than 24 hours, or at least most of them. The small ones were not quite as well as developed as the big ones, root wise, but given a couple of more days they would have. I forgot how good Happy Frog was at growing roots!

DSCF8411.JPG

They have been packed into my favorite hard sided 3/4 gallon containers, which are shorter and wider than the cloth bags and make for good uppotting the next time into a 5 gallon final.

Having less lighting needs at the moment than their big cousins sitting presently under the veg light, they will fit right in under the others, enjoying 7000 LUX at the bottom of the canopy. If the largest plants are all males, I have a 50/50 spread... time will tell.

DSCF8412.JPG
Beautiful!

I had a request earlier for a picture of a bud full of seeds. Here for your viewing pleasure are several Kosher Daddy buds with seeds. The two missing smaller buds have been broken apart and a joint rolled from the debris and approximately 50 seeds have appeared. It is my guess that in the two larger buds at the top of this branch there will be a lot more seeds, and we will end up with around 250 from this pollination. The seeds are all well developed with dark coloring and stripes down the sides.
20201217_064537.jpg
20201217_064620.jpg

I had a request earlier for a picture of a bud full of seeds. Here for your viewing pleasure are several Kosher Daddy buds with seeds. The two missing smaller buds have been broken apart and a joint rolled from the debris and approximately 50 seeds have appeared. It is my guess that in the two larger buds at the top of this branch there will be a lot more seeds, and we will end up with around 250 from this pollination. The seeds are all well developed with dark coloring and stripes down the sides.
20201217_064537.jpg
20201217_064620.jpg
Lmao, Cute @Emilya Great photos.

It turned out to be about 175 seeds, so this pollination was a total success.

The 2 longer running KDs are still working their way down into the curing range, so we won't have a smoke report on them for at least a couple more weeks, but tonight I can give you a first stage of the cure report on our early purple kosher daddy.

As of today, all of the harshness and green taste is gone. The smoke has become very smooth and I am now able to take huge bong hits of it without dying. The grape soda taste is gone, replaced with more earthy tones, and then way after the exhale, another hint of a sweet fruity flavor. The quality of the high has also drastically increased and this has suddenly become some very impressive pot and I got several people stoned on just a few small bowls this afternoon and I watched as everyone got so chatty I could not follow along.

The coolest part of this early KD with the purple highlights is what the pot looks like right now. The buds are becoming very tight and compact, and very dark, with the dark purple of the buds now showing very clearly. This pot has eye appeal, and to the fingers it feels very dense. I wasn't so impressed with it several days ago, but today I had to put some in my 420 Personal Stash jar, since I am now done burping the jar daily... I want to see what another month's cure does to this very impressive medicine.
20201221_202653.jpg

It turned out to be about 175 seeds, so this pollination was a total success.

The 2 longer running KDs are still working their way down into the curing range, so we won't have a smoke report on them for at least a couple more weeks, but tonight I can give you a first stage of the cure report on our early purple kosher daddy.

As of today, all of the harshness and green taste is gone. The smoke has become very smooth and I am now able to take huge bong hits of it without dying. The grape soda taste is gone, replaced with more earthy tones, and then way after the exhale, another hint of a sweet fruity flavor. The quality of the high has also drastically increased and this has suddenly become some very impressive pot and I got several people stoned on just a few small bowls this afternoon and I watched as everyone got so chatty I could not follow along.

The coolest part of this early KD with the purple highlights is what the pot looks like right now. The buds are becoming very tight and compact, and very dark, with the dark purple of the buds now showing very clearly. This pot has eye appeal, and to the fingers it feels very dense. I wasn't so impressed with it several days ago, but today I had to put some in my 420 Personal Stash jar, since I am now done burping the jar daily... I want to see what another month's cure does to this very impressive medicine.
20201221_202653.jpg
Very cool Em, sounds like you and your friends had a great time...
awesome stuff going on here ;)

I am a member somewhere else and not a joiner :( but your thread is outstanding

great detail and photos :) love your work you did nicely with that strain

thank you so much for putting it all up for us to read

peace and be safe

Dequilo

Thank you @dequilo, your compliments are much appreciated! It is too bad that you are not a joiner, you seem like a nice person. Thank you for stopping by to read my journal, and maybe, just maybe, I can entice you to read another one. I actually have some very interesting journals, and one of them won the Journal of the Month last year. Take care!

:hippy:

One of these days very soon I am going to do a complete smoke report on this variety. The way it turned out we ended up with two completely different varieties of smoke, one very purple and the rest has taken on a common light brown shade in the curing jar. It is in the curing range finally and has been steady for a bit, with the early purple Kosher Daddy #1 as we call it having the longest time in steady cure of the bunch.

Soon, I will dedicate a day to each of these phenomes. I like to wake up with that strain, meditate and all of my normal daily routines, seeing how the spirit of that smoke hits me. Then again in the evening, I can give it my full attention along with my partner in crime, Ms. J. where we attempt to ingest it in a variety of pipes and then my favorite, a big fattie. It is usually during that fattie somewhere, when we compare impressions and I start my review, carefully savoring the high, the tastes and the quality and cohesiveness of the smoke.

One of these days very soon I am going to do a complete smoke report on this variety. The way it turned out we ended up with two completely different varieties of smoke, one very purple and the rest has taken on a common light brown shade in the curing jar. It is in the curing range finally and has been steady for a bit, with the early purple Kosher Daddy #1 as we call it having the longest time in steady cure of the bunch.

Soon, I will dedicate a day to each of these phenomes. I like to wake up with that strain, meditate and all of my normal daily routines, seeing how the spirit of that smoke hits me. Then again in the evening, I can give it my full attention along with my partner in crime, Ms. J. where we attempt to ingest it in a variety of pipes and then my favorite, a big fattie. It is usually during that fattie somewhere, when we compare impressions and I start my review, carefully savoring the high, the tastes and the quality and cohesiveness of the smoke.
I love this idea Em ;) So freakin much I made you a "Cannabis Collectors Edition" Trading/Info Card ;)

Just finished the front, gotta work on the info for the backside ,) If you got any nicer bud shots I could use it instead...
oie_mYxj2L8wPYdx.png

Thank you @dequilo, your compliments are much appreciated! It is too bad that you are not a joiner, you seem like a nice person. Thank you for stopping by to read my journal

Hello Thank You I did enjoy reading your thread lots of good info and outstanding photos, love your work :)

I see that I am a member here I am a member on lots of boards same handle

I will bookmark your grows because I would like to read more and this strain I was gifted some beans by

the member on another board and was pointed here to see them grown out

I am going to work with them outside this season

Thank you also for the time it takes to document how and what do also the whys

my grow thread from somewhere if you get out and about stop by I would enjoy hearing your thoughts

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

Hey Em... just an update about Kosher Daddy... Right now as far as I know, there is only 140 seeds + whatever you made of Kosher Daddy in the world.

Ive spread them around the globe best I could to about 40 invdviduals and hopefully allow others to enjoy this strain also... so whoever has them, enjoy them there ain't many around.

Looking through this thread again makes me wanna pop the last ones I have here haha...

Also, can't wait to see how your Posion Daddys turn out, so far they are looking very nice. Always love seeing your threads mature ...

Hope all is well with you and your garden...

This seems to be a good place to end this journal. The F1 Kosher Daddy seeds were a very interesting new strain to be introduced to. On this last run we saw at least 2 separate phenotypes pop out, one very purple early finisher that was probably very much related to the GrandDaddy Purple in its family tree, and then what seemed to be the new mixed hybrid with the rest of the seeds that germinated this time. I am sure that given some more time to play with this line, I will find more phenos related to both of its parents, but for now I need to move on. Legal plant counts what they are, this one needs to be set aside for now.

Meanwhile, we are still enjoying a good amount of product from each of the phenos we got this time, and we call them Kosher Daddy #1 and Just plain Kosher Daddy. The purple KD1 gives flavors of grape sodapop when you exhale, and after several months of curing she has smoothed out and become very enjoyable to smoke. The head hits you on the very first hit but it turns into a solid body high that lasts for a good long while. There seems to be a cap on the high and it overall is a nice mellow conversational high that is good for gatherings.

The main line, Kosher Daddy is an awesome product. The buds are big and hard and have lots of bag appeal. The nugs are dense and full of trichomes and are a joy to clean, breaking apart easily into chunks and making it easy to roll joints with. The high immediately hits you on the first toke and continues to build, if you can manage to make it to the second joint. The pot is very resin packed and will quickly clog a pipe stem after a few bowls and a joint will often times clog up if rolled too small.

I have a card that was sent to me, soft of a trading card, and I will include a picture of it here at the end as I close out this journal. I hope you enjoyed seeing me work with this new strain and preserve it for further exploration at some future time. We also were able to cross this with a Durban hybrid, which will bring out even more phenotypes and hopefully an interesting new line, which we are calling Poison Daddy.

So for now, we will enjoy the rest of our Kosher Daddy over time, still curious what it will be like after 6 months of curing. If I want to show off some of my best product, out will come a bowl like this for my visitor to see and sample. This right here is what we do all of this work for, so we can achieve buds like this:

20210324_232110.jpg

Back
Top Bottom