Fallen Cannabis Warrior - Seth Lavender, aka "Big Irish Doode"

Re: Fallen Warrior - Seth Lavender, aka "Big Irish Doode"

Aw man,just seeing this now.Very sorry to read about the loss of the B.I.D.
I didn't know him but I do know he was a staple of the community and a friend to many.
My condolences to his family and friends.

Seth's story is an inspiration of life and love. It is obvious that Seth touched so many hearts and gardens and I feel as if I know him since his spirit and inspiration thrive in so many of you here in this community whom I've had the honor of meeting in my short tenure as a member. I have only grown one strain my entire life and have dreamed of expanding and trying new techniques and varieties. I've always had my own unexplainable soft spot for Blueberry and purples in general and it will be a honor to grow my first other strain of purple alongside all of you in memory of Big Irish Doode. Hugs bigman!

:green_heart: :blunt:

Hey still floating out here somewhere between the clouds and solid ground. Still unpacking and putting life in order but was wondering if a date to pop has been set.????

Gonna pop this question over at Flux central as well. Someone needs to start the BID journal. And forgive me if it's been done and I'm behind.

Anyone, anyone???

I'm hoping someone can clear this up too bud. Someone mentioned that 420 wanted to start it at the anniversary of his passing but I thought the idea was for a January indoors germination, then people who grow outside would sync in-line when they pop theirs.

Then we're off....

I'll pop mine in a week or so....

I'm working on modifying an outdoor shed for my grow room but still have old faithful (DIY cabinet) and will start mine in her till the shed is complete.

Are we doing separate journals or just posting here?

I"m poppin one of each:

Purple #1
Ultimate Purple
Blue Dream

Please create new Grow Journals for your tribute to Seth Lavender AKA BigIrishDoode grows and provide a link to your Grow Journal here.

What can I say about BID that has not already been said...it doesn't matter I'm gonna say it anyway.

BID was amazing in so many ways and I really don't think I have come across a person who was more helpful than Seth. He didn't even know me when I was asking for help, I was just some new guy with 1 post who was filling up his inbox with emails asking for advice on LED lights and what is coco!
I have said it before and I will say it again....im only here because of Seth...,I only found this site because Google brought me to his journal. I only got an LEDA light because of him and I only know all you great people because of him.

I too had prepared to grow a post in his name like a lot of others did. I have a journal going and there are a few of us posting on it already.
I did not want to go around inviting people to the journal and I know 420 have an official one starting this year but I feel this is the perfect place to tell people that if they have a plant for BID and want A place to post "this ones for you big guy" in my sig is the link. All are welcome to post and all I ask is that you keep it on topic or about BID.

SETH...thank you my friend, I could never repay you for what you have added to my life and I will never forgot you :love:

I've had mine up and running since the end of January. I was fortunate enough in the Fall of 2013 to spend some time with BID and Spiffy trimming buds and exchanging Christmas gifts. He was very generous and shared a selection of beans with me along with a clone. I took him some Blue Dream clones and my 6th Generation MMMF. (alas it is no more) I did a few seeds last Summer outdoors and although I couldn't give them the attention I normally would I managed to get a good cross and got some seeds (about 3 dozen}. I have about 11 BID genetics plants going at the present time outside. BID was one of the funniest, caring, and generous persons I have had the honor to have known. I MISS HIM ALOT!!!! All my future grows will be based on BID genetics since that is ALL I HAVE now. I know he is with me watching and reminding me of the right way to do things. The link to my grow is in my signature :cheesygrinsmiley::Namaste:

I am not sure where to put this....so......I will put it here......it's about another old friend who I am so happy to see back in the fold.

His name is XLR8 So happy to see you old friend.

Glad your still Kicking! :high-five:

I had to come out of seclusion to pay my respects. RIP BID!!! It's great to see you, XLR8! Stay well old friends! Much :love:

I was reading some old journal by Big Irish Doode that was addressing coco growing. Great! (I thought) Someone to follow for tips!!
I was sad to reach the end of the journal only to learn of his passing. While I never got to talk with him, I can surly learn from his contributions here in the 420 community. He definitely has faithful friends here. I will miss him along with his close friends. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom