Fanleaf Tries For A TLO, True Living Organics, Grow With 6 Plants

What is the container again?
The Superoots air pots are quite overrated in size because the way they roll is to say "this pot is 5 gallon equivalent". What they are trying to do is say because of the way thier pots are shaped with all the cones and what it does for the roots makes it equivalent to what you can grow in a 5 gallon pot. In reality though the actual volume is quite a bit less. I will head down right now to measure thier 5 gallon "equivalent" pot to see what is actual volume is.

4 of them are growing in these 5 gallon "equivalent" air pots. I wanted to transplant them to bigger flowering containers but ran out of soil.

According to actual volume.....

This will certainly be a test for the soil and microlife. 2 of the plants in these pots are quite large.

If I can keep the soil life happy from here out I would guess they will be okay. If it all works out it will probably be due to it being a fresh "loaded up" batch of soil.
Well you did it all right. The bottom and top layers. Middle? Spikes, scheduled teas. My moneys on them being fine. You mentioned running out of soil. I mixed a double batch for the first run and used it to go from 5 gallon to 10 cloth pots. (4) It just about used it up! I think there's 10 gallons left max. I bought a 44 gallon barrel and it was 2 inches from the top. Now it's a foot from the bottom. Math hurts sometimes!

What you have going is actually very interesting. Those are 3 gallon = to 5. I think one day soon these big pots are going to be too much for me and something like that might be perfect. Or the next size up. This run of yours is going to tell. Much obliged.

Well you did it all right. The bottom and top layers. Middle? Spikes, scheduled teas. My moneys on them being fine.
Well.....yes and no.
Remember, when I put them in these 5 gallon equivalent air pots the plan was to up pot one more time for flower....They never did get that last transplant just because my 1.5 batches of soil wasnt enough. So those 4 were put into those "5 gallon" pots and then begged for about a week more and sent into flower. So while they did get the layers and veg spikes they never got flower spikes or a flower top layer.
Too late to add flower spikes now, I know it would burn em up. Going to have to count on the fresh soil that they were transplanted into a week before flowering as well as microlife and teas. I can top dress a flowering mixture and it's probably a good idea to do so pretty soon to give it time to break down.

Yeah, started with 1.5 batches and as soon as I started to transplant all 6 to final 7-10 gallon flower pots I realized I wouldnt have near enough soil for all 6 plants so I decided just to transplant the 2 largest plants into 13 gallon pots and let the other 4 fly.
I think after this grow is done I will recycle it, re-amend it and add 1 more batch of fresh stuff to it so I can flower in 10 gallon pots.

Looking good Fan! So I mixed another x 2 batch yesterday and noticed it doesn't smell like a barnyard (shit) like the other one. I wonder if this is an example of the micro herd multiplying over time from the scant 4 cups of manure that went into the whole batch? When I opened the barrel this morning there was no smell of poop. When I open the tent I am immediately told there's farm animals living in there.

Just a short update...
Things are going fine. The stretch is still happening but slowed down some. Straight RO water given to all of them on Saturday.

I just started a 2.5 gallon batch of tea. I'm brewing so much because I find this soil is so much easier to water by dunking them and letting them soak it up. Once water is added it will give me 5-6 gallons of good strong tea.
Besides, if there are leftovers it can go outside to my garden.

I'm pretty stoked about how smoothly things have been going. It just seems that most everything has fallen into place.
I just wish we didnt have the 2 weeks plus in veg where growth stopped completely but hey, I cant complain, for a first TLO grow ever, I'm very happy so far.
Side note...As you can see, the Malauwi X Panama has really separated herself from the bunch in true Sativa fashion. She appears to be the purest Sativa of the bunch.

I suspect that some of the specially cultured microbeasts in the voodoo juice would out thrive any dinky little non cultured microbes we might make. These guys are growing this stuff in vats, and then surrounding the product with a special slow release nutrient mix... its got to be superior.
I threw a similar product, Realgrowers Recharge, at my tomato plants outside last week and they are acting like they just got hit with a super AACT. I can only imagine the strength of my brews in the tent in a couple of months combining these two methods. I think you are definitely on the right track here.

I suspect that some of the specially cultured microbeasts in the voodoo juice would out thrive any dinky little non cultured microbes we might make. These guys are growing this stuff in vats, and then surrounding the product with a special slow release nutrient mix... its got to be superior.
I threw a similar product, Realgrowers Recharge, at my tomato plants outside last week and they are acting like they just got hit with a super AACT. I can only imagine the strength of my brews in the tent in a couple of months combining these two methods. I think you are definitely on the right track here.
Okay, so I take it that the idea of using the Voodoo juice in a TLO grow would be as a super boost finisher when we are at the point that we wont need to count on our little microbeasties for much longer anyways right? I think the idea may be the last 7-10 days 'ish?

no, the way I understand it, voodoo juice IS microbeasties... lots of them, and all beefed up and ready to go, and in better varieties than we would typically brew up. I plan on using this stuff every 10 days, all through the grow.
But then again, the product that I got is a LOT cheaper than the Voodoo Juice... I suspect there is a witch doctor somewhere getting very rich.

no, the way I understand it, voodoo juice IS microbeasties... lots of them, and all beefed up and ready to go, and in better varieties than we would typically brew up. I plan on using this stuff every 10 days, all through the grow.
But then again, the product that I got is a LOT cheaper than the Voodoo Juice... I suspect there is a witch doctor somewhere getting very rich.
Gotcha, in my "other grows" I use voodoo juice religiously from almost start to finish for a long time now. In my calculator it's used for the first 2 weeks of veg and the first few weeks of flower. Love that stuff.

Back
Top Bottom