Fanleaf's New Room & A 6 Plant: 4 Strain Auto Grow & Perpetual All LED Baby

First I have yet another update to my Grow room. To the Cree array I added 2 of the 4' 54W T-5 AgroGrow Pure UV lights in Nano reflectors. That should boost THC content anywhere from 5-15% over not using them. Trichome and resin production should go through the roof! These bulbs are 75% UVB and 25% UVA! I added them to their own timer. They come on for 30 minutes and off for 45 minutes several times during lights on. I will be mounting them a bit better but wanted to get them up and working for now. I will be using these only during the last 2 weeks of flower.
0923162254.jpg
0923162255.jpg
0923162255a.jpg
0923162257.jpg
0923162258.jpg

At the risk of sounding like a repetitive stoner..you got DIY skills like a mutha....
Shut yo mouf.
I'm just talking bout Fan!
We can dig it! .

Smoke Report Time

Girl Scout cookies
Smells like brown sugar after the initial skunk aroma. It's a deep smell. If you bury your face in a bag you can actually imagine baking some type of sweet or dessert.
Taste is very mild. Very smooth good taste with a moderate head and body buzz. To be honest of the 4 strains I just finished this was my least favorite mainly because the smell had me expecting so much more flavor and while it was quite a strong buzz it don't last but maybe 1-1.5 hours.

Pineapple Express
While I was disappointed in the size of both of the 2 Pineapple express plants compared to all of the others this was hands down and I mean hands down the best of the 4 and a top contender of any bud I've ever had. These large buds are so compact and tight you would think you could step on a bud and your foot would mold around the bud. The buds were big, very tight and very very frosty. The smell is quite skunky with citrus at about 50/50. You can grab a very small bud and by the time your done grinding it up you think you ground up enough for twice what you wanted. The taste is fantastic and just like the smell. The buzz is felt on the 1st hit and you better put it down after a few hits or you have had too much. This is a 20%+ strain easy! I will be doing more of this ASAP!!!!

Sweet Dark Devil
I love it. Very pretty and seriously potent plant and I sure wanted the taste and buzz to live up to it's looks and it does! Very very frosty resinous stuff.
Again very compact HUGE buds. Sweet smell and skunky as well. Love the dark cured color and this bud will surprise you.
I fired up a J and about had it done and thought WTF I don't think it's doing anything for me......Classic creeper lol. 10 Minutes later it hit like a big hammer. I'm so zombified I can think about getting off the couch to do something but my head can't relay the message to my body. Seriously, it was too much, I couldn't do anything but sit there in la la land. I don't care to be locked to the couch quite that much. It was seriously numbing. Great for pain, I'll give it that. For those who like a high THC strain and like the couchlock buzz this is the one for you no doubt at all. Everyone who has tried it said the same thing. It's great stuff but damn, if you wanna know how it feels to be paralyzed here ya go!

Crystal Meth
This plant actually had me weirded out to even try. The buds finished curing and it's almost black! This stuff is so dark it don't look right. It looks like black buds with nothing but orange hairs lol. The smell is like no bud I've ever smelled. This stuff seriously smells of like a Hostess cherry pie. It's such a strong fruit smell that's all you get from it. Of the 4 this is probably the smoothest smoking and you get the buzz almost immediately and quickly very strong. This is the opposite of the Darke Devil as far as the buzz goes. This is 100% a head high and had me and a buddy laughing and joking within 5 minutes. Absolute fantastic head buzz and great for day time use. You can function 100% and have a great time doing it. That's surely because it's a Sativa dominant autoflower. For daytime use it don't get no better really. The only downfall to this strain is the name. I contemplated buying these seeds for a long time but couldn't pull the trigger simply becuause of the name. That was a mistake. I'm glad I did and this will absolutely be in my arsenal and I will be growing more of this. As a matter of fact I have another one 12 days old already lol.

At the risk of sounding like a repetitive stoner..you got DIY skills like a mutha....
Shut yo mouf.
We can dig it! .

Man, I like you Stage. I wish we were neighbors man:hookah:
Think I'm gettin ready to go all out on a 8X8 tent man. That way I can have 6-8 monsters in there and 4 autos in this room man. I just gotta slow down on my Cree addiction.....That chit gets expensive with a quickness lmao. Especially when I just picked up that Apogee MQ-500 too. I gotta check myself for a few weeks. It's no doubt worth it though.:peacetwo:

Shut yo mouf.
We can dig it! .

I was gonna add UV LED's but ya can't really add UVB or even UVA with LED's They dont make em powerful enough down in that spectrum. I was actually shocked when I found those T-5's that put out 75% UVB....That's crazy. Bit dangerous for people though. I think these things will take it to a new level resin and trich wise. Time will tell.

BTW
I look into your room every now and then too. I'm getting closer everyday to starting my Brix grow. Your stuff makes me wanna get it started asap.

Smoke Report Time

Girl Scout cookies
Smells like brown sugar after the initial skunk aroma. It's a deep smell. If you bury your face in a bag you can actually imagine baking some type of sweet or dessert.
Taste is very mild. Very smooth good taste with a moderate head and body buzz. To be honest of the 4 strains I just finished this was my least favorite mainly because the smell had me expecting so much more flavor and while it was quite a strong buzz it don't last but maybe 1-1.5 hours.

Pineapple Express
While I was disappointed in the size of both of the 2 Pineapple express plants compared to all of the others this was hands down and I mean hands down the best of the 4 and a top contender of any bud I've ever had. These large buds are so compact and tight you would think you could step on a bud and your foot would mold around the bud. The buds were big, very tight and very very frosty. The smell is quite skunky with citrus at about 50/50. You can grab a very small bud and by the time your done grinding it up you think you ground up enough for twice what you wanted. The taste is fantastic and just like the smell. The buzz is felt on the 1st hit and you better put it down after a few hits or you have had too much. This is a 20%+ strain easy! I will be doing more of this ASAP!!!!

Sweet Dark Devil
I love it. Very pretty and seriously potent plant and I sure wanted the taste and buzz to live up to it's looks and it does! Very very frosty resinous stuff.
Again very compact HUGE buds. Sweet smell and skunky as well. Love the dark cured color and this bud will surprise you.
I fired up a J and about had it done and thought WTF I don't think it's doing anything for me......Classic creeper lol. 10 Minutes later it hit like a big hammer. I'm so zombified I can think about getting off the couch to do something but my head can't relay the message to my body. Seriously, it was too much, I couldn't do anything but sit there in la la land. I don't care to be locked to the couch quite that much. It was seriously numbing. Great for pain, I'll give it that. For those who like a high THC strain and like the couchlock buzz this is the one for you no doubt at all. Everyone who has tried it said the same thing. It's great stuff but damn, if you wanna know how it feels to be paralyzed here ya go!

Crystal Meth
This plant actually had me weirded out to even try. The buds finished curing and it's almost black! This stuff is so dark it don't look right. It looks like black buds with nothing but orange hairs lol. The smell is like no bud I've ever smelled. This stuff seriously smells of like a Hostess cherry pie. It's such a strong fruit smell that's all you get from it. Of the 4 this is probably the smoothest smoking and you get the buzz almost immediately and quickly very strong. This is the opposite of the Darke Devil as far as the buzz goes. This is 100% a head high and had me and a buddy laughing and joking within 5 minutes. Absolute fantastic head buzz and great for day time use. You can function 100% and have a great time doing it. That's surely because it's a Sativa dominant autoflower. For daytime use it don't get no better really. The only downfall to this strain is the name. I contemplated buying these seeds for a long time but couldn't pull the trigger simply becuause of the name. That was a mistake. I'm glad I did and this will absolutely be in my arsenal and I will be growing more of this. As a matter of fact I have another one 12 days old already lol.

So dude are you telling me that the GSC fell short of the hype that everyone has bragged about? Do you think it could have been improved (flavor, duration or affect) by staying on the vine longer or using those UVA/B T5's you just got? I'm a old vet and am looking to battle these demons that I have swimming around me so I have tended to buy seeds/strains that can help me in those battles. Enough about me I digress, just want to thank you for the smoke report and I'm going to look into those other strains you mentioned they may fit the bill for me too.

Have a frosty night/morning-day

Wow man amazing. Love the DIY projects and appreciate all the tips and tricks unfortunately I can't afford a indoor setup like yours so I'm expirementing outdoors congrats on some killer buds!

So dude are you telling me that the GSC fell short of the hype that everyone has bragged about? Do you think it could have been improved (flavor, duration or affect) by staying on the vine longer or using those UVA/B T5's you just got? I'm a old vet and am looking to battle these demons that I have swimming around me so I have tended to buy seeds/strains that can help me in those battles. Enough about me I digress, just want to thank you for the smoke report and I'm going to look into those other strains you mentioned they may fit the bill for me too.

Have a frosty night/morning-day

It's great weed there's no doubt. For me it fell short. Se was 60/40 amber/cloudy by the time I flushed and chopped. I do feel that had I added the UVB for the last 2 weeks of flower it would have probably lived up to the hype. The concern is that very very few growers add the UVB spectrum and it's that strain is well regarded. For me I would give this a 7.5 of 10 in flavor and bud size and bag appeal. Buzz quality would be a solid 7 it just don't last long enough and I think that's where the UVB would be a game changer for it.

I can't say enough good about the Pineapple express though. That strain from Fast buds is solid 9.5's at every category. The GSC was from Fast buds as well.
While I assume you are primarily talking about mental demons I cannot relate. If you are though I could see the Crystal Meth strain being amazing for that. Very rare that a strain has flipped a switch in my head and turned me into a laughing and joking state of mind in 10 minutes or less. If it's physical demons go Dark Devil or Pineapple depending on a few factors.

Thank you so much for your service!

Wow man amazing. Love the DIY projects and appreciate all the tips and tricks unfortunately I can't afford a indoor setup like yours so I'm expirementing outdoors congrats on some killer buds!

Thank you very much Nature! I'm glad to hear that people can pick up a tip or trick or 2 from going through my stuff. That's always good to know that something I'm doing can help others with ideas. I've put some consideration into an outdoor grow myself. It would just take me a bit of work to construct a "sealed" grow area so I'm within regulations here. I think it would be quite fun to do a small outdoor run. As far as not being able to afford such an indoor setup goes I understand. Maybe pick up 1 or 2 key items at a time over a longer period until you can do a smaller indoor grow and slowly build it up over time. My biggest expense by far are my Cree LED upgrades and I can't even try to claim they are very affordable but that being said, it can be done 1 piece at a time so it's not felt quite so much.
If you start your outdoor grow and do a journal here please be sure to stop by and post a link to it in here so I can follow. I like following outdoor grows because they come with a few additional rules and learning curves compared to indoor. Same can be said the other way around too but since I grow indoors I tend to pay attention to outdoor grows so I can pick up on those things that indoors don't come into play.

Hi Fan; You did a great job on your room, beautiful set-up! Best of luck for a great harvest! Peace Out. Oh, I need to figure out how to put a link to my grow journal. Will do asap!

Hey all. I just wanted to post this so others had the information and don't have to learn the hard way like I did. Even though I already knew what I'm about to tell you was possible I still underestimated the power of the 2 UV fluorescent lights I put up the other day. These are the strongest ones I could find. They admit 75% UVB and 25% UVA so even though there's not a lot of light that is visible to the human sensitive spectrums rest assured that there is a lot of light there that we cannot see. When I put them up I spent about 10 minutes underneath them putting them where I wanted them. It was a big mistake to leave them on while I was doing final adjustments but I figured I would only be under them for a few minutes and there's no way that would cause an issue....WRONG. here is a close-up of the side of my face from several days ago when I first posted the pictures of the UV lights getting put up.
420-magazine-mobile1685841977.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1142098071.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1427242371.jpg
Yep, that's right.... in less than 10 minutes under these lights I got the most painful sunburn I've ever had in my life. Now I knew better from the start. Because I didn't listen to my brain I paid for it. The good news is I already see a ton more trichome production from the plants by adding the UV. So I am very glad that I put them up and now that my face is healing I can share the lesson with you guys that I learned the hard way so you don't have to.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: Fanleaf's New Room & A 6 Plant - 4 Strain Auto Grow & Perpetual All LED Baby

I can't believe the growth in that amount of time! Maybe I should feed mine a little more. I am afraid to over do it ! Peace Out! Great Job!

Re: Fanleaf's New Room & A 6 Plant - 4 Strain Auto Grow & Perpetual All LED Baby

I can't believe the growth in that amount of time! Maybe I should feed mine a little more. I am afraid to over do it ! Peace Out! Great Job!

I don't know man. I never feed over 1/2 strength. I use the Advanced nutrient schedule but instead of feeding full strength in between waterings which means your usually only feeding once per week and plain water once per week I instead never give just plain water but feed at 1/2 strength every time they are dry. I always feed to 10-15% runoff though that way it helps flush any unused nutes out. That usually does well enough that I don't ever need to do a full blown flush throughout an auto's life until a week or 2 from harvest of coarse.

By the way. We are only a few weeks from chopping the photo cheese plant guys. I've slacked on updating this plant on here for the last while. I can tell you I expect from the looks of it to be a 7-8.5 ounce yield though lol. I'll update some pics soon.

Dang Fan! Yep those uv bulbs are no joke.
Appreciate your sharing. Talk about having skin in the game. :)

U wna test grow some free beans mate;) look on my current grow for info.if interested inbox me mate;)

Oh yeah! I'm down for that for sure lol. So for all of you that follow my journal it looks as if I may bestarting the next auto batch with some test seeds from a very well known breeder! That will add some excitement into the next grow for sure!

Heres the cheese lady. I pushed her leafs a little to hard with the UVB lights so shes showing some sun wear. I have cut the UVB down to a happy spot being 15 minutes 3X during lights on When I started the uv treatment It as at 1hr for 5 times during lights on. That was too much for her to handle for sure. Shes 32 inches tall and 43 inches wide lol.
420-magazine-mobile161640075.jpg
420-magazine-mobile36141719.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1480079423.jpg
420-magazine-mobile990621565.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom