Farmer’s Adventures In Hillbilly Growing!

Farmer Reading

Hi y'all,

This is my first grow journal "Farmer's Adventures in Hillbilly Growing".

The primary goal of my first journal is to pay homage to a dying breed of old school, hillbilly growers.

Hopefully, conveying the innumerable adversities and just how assiduous it is to be an outdoor grower in an ultra rural environment.

Time to jump down a rabbit hole into the world of hillbilly growing:thumb:

Reckoned the first stop in our journey to pay homage to a couple virgin oaks that set along a ditch line on a land that has been owned by my family for over a century (well the land kinda owns the family).

These beautiful oaks are encompassed by relentless brush making them extraordinarily difficult for the layman to navigate. Located no more than 50 meters from a paved country road and no more than 75 meters from an old country cemetery, where the very first European settlers now reside.

What I love most about these magnificent beauties is that they are older than our nation.
Massive immortal giants whose eminence is mostly ignored.

Farmers gone nuts and may hang himselfo_O
(Seriously, suicide is absolutely not laughing matter, it is a monster that has hidden under many of my beds):(

No, y'all I'm just excited cause I ran down to my local family-owned hardware store to buy some paint brushes for my canvases. Pretty sure the store has been in the same family for over a century.

There is a hardware store located in an extremely rural part of the state where the county seat population is less than 2000 folks (near a very small forest I acquired when I for real went crazy a few years back). The old family hardware store there predates the Civil War, same family running the show for more or less a 150 years. Their ancestors :rip:may have seen Morgan's Raiders!

Enough of a history lesson just that shit is pretty forking cool to me y'all:cool:

Enjoying the fruits of my labor

IMG_1616(1).jpg

Hey farmer hash fart is here now !!!!!! I will fallow a long ,,,,,as you can tell from my journal im fairly new to growing so I won't be giving out much advice ,,,,,but I will hand out some "hell yeah brothers"
Happy to have you and you are one hell of a grower!!!

Okay, interesting enough to follow. I may even find some Hillbilly solutions of my own. Welcome!
Thanks!!! Excited to have you along

Think I am gonna have to clone on this grow.

Hey, trying to read grow journals---wish I could read all of them at once!
Understand about 75 to 85 percent of what y'all are talkin about.

May I get advice on journal etiquette, how to read journals, and learning advice?

Should I try to read shorter journals in full first?

Should I try to just read a few pages of a longer journal and kinda slowly eat the elephant?

Should I post before I read the entire journal?

When is it ok to post pictures on other folks journals?

How to not ramble like a methed up hillbilly?

Finally, would it serve me better to read the Bible (Grow) say at least five pages a day or abandon the Bible and just learn from the family? Maybe use it as a reference? Currently on page 147.

FYI: promise I'll try to read all your journals!

Gotta go to work, the one that does direct deposit into my bank account.

Grateful,

Farmer R.

Thanks!!! Excited to have you along

Think I am gonna have to clone on this grow.

Hey, trying to read grow journals---wish I could read all of them at once!
Understand about 75 to 85 percent of what y'all are talkin about.

May I get advice on journal etiquette, how to read journals, and learning advice?

Should I try to read shorter journals in full first?

Should I try to just read a few pages of a longer journal and kinda slowly eat the elephant?

Should I post before I read the entire journal?

When is it ok to post pictures on other folks journals?

How to not ramble like a methed up hillbilly?

Finally, would it serve me better to read the Bible (Grow) say at least five pages a day or abandon the Bible and just learn from the family? Maybe use it as a reference? Currently on page 147.

FYI: promise I'll try to read all your journals!

Gotta go to work, the one that does direct deposit into my bank account.

Grateful,

Farmer R.
I'm new enough I might be able to help you think this through and (hopefully) avoid the mistakes I made.

First, focus on systems. That is: your grow room (s), heat, cool, humidity, grow media, nutrients, and light. Each of these will be a job in itself but it doesn't make a lot of sense to start until you have a good idea of what resources you can bring to bear.

Next learn about plants. I started with seeds as most of us do. Initially I treated it like a weed - which at the seed stage and at $10+ each they are indeed babies needing hand feeding and care. Once you have a seed started there's a whole other thing about planting, grow media etc, you'll want to nail down what kind of grower you want to be - are you planning to have a single grow? Perpetual grow. Read the journals that align with what you want to be when you grow up.

Once you have some plants growing there's a whole list of do's and don'ts to learn. The most important two things are DO NOT care for your plants too much. First time growers water too much, use too many nutrients and in general fuss too much. The second is to learn patience.

Last (for this overview anyway), each step of this process requires some new learning - from sprouting and planting your seed through veg stage and flowering. Then you will lear, as I am now, that you still have to cure your harvest - weeks more waiting! Here you will find great mentors, as I have. Listen to all opinions and use the knowledge you gain to make the best decisions for you. I have found @InTheShed @Backlipslide @Emilya @BeanTownFan420 to all be both knowledable and very giving of their time and expertise. @Emilya sets the standard for detailed information in her journals going back to 2016. I suggest you start there. Of course my own journal in my signature line will take you through each step as I learned it!

:goodluck: :yummy:

Here's my first harvest Jack Herrer - a Sativa dominant - happening this Saturday!
IMG_2631.JPG
IMG_2632.JPG

I'm new enough I might be able to help you think this through and (hopefully) avoid the mistakes I made.

First, focus on systems. That is: your grow room (s), heat, cool, humidity, grow media, nutrients, and light. Each of these will be a job in itself but it doesn't make a lot of sense to start until you have a good idea of what resources you can bring to bear.

Next learn about plants. I started with seeds as most of us do. Initially I treated it like a weed - which at the seed stage and at $10+ each they are indeed babies needing hand feeding and care. Once you have a seed started there's a whole other thing about planting, grow media etc, you'll want to nail down what kind of grower you want to be - are you planning to have a single grow? Perpetual grow. Read the journals that align with what you want to be when you grow up.

Once you have some plants growing there's a whole list of do's and don'ts to learn. The most important two things are DO NOT care for your plants too much. First time growers water too much, use too many nutrients and in general fuss too much. The second is to learn patience.

Last (for this overview anyway), each step of this process requires some new learning - from sprouting and planting your seed through veg stage and flowering. Then you will lear, as I am now, that you still have to cure your harvest - weeks more waiting! Here you will find great mentors, as I have. Listen to all opinions and use the knowledge you gain to make the best decisions for you. I have found @InTheShed @Backlipslide @Emilya @BeanTownFan420 to all be both knowledable and very giving of their time and expertise. @Emilya sets the standard for detailed information in her journals going back to 2016. I suggest you start there. Of course my own journal in my signature line will take you through each step as I learned it!

:goodluck: :yummy:

Here's my first harvest Jack Herrer - a Sativa dominant - happening this Saturday!
IMG_2631.JPG
IMG_2632.JPG
Try to read your log ASAP. Need to focus on some fundamentals. Ask @grow4broke my sanitation issues are horrendous. My veg. room looks like a weird cross over show with Antiques Roadshow, American Pickers, Blair Witch, and that one show where people scuba dive in shit.

Here is my long-term girlfriend Aphrodites I.
I think she is CK Green Crack, so who knows what breeder she came from?
As you will see later in my journal---seems to be great genetics.

At Old school hog raising genetics I am an eight.

At Cannabis genetics I am maybe a two.

Really not sure how old she is?

Don't know jack about cloning, but I think she is big enough to get a couple cuttings off her.

Sticking to fundamentals for now.

Should I allow a plant in vegging to get this stressed?

Should I feed now or water then feed? with this level of stress?

Are their benefits to stressing plants in veg.?

Like DRey kindly pointed out I have squat for climate controls. But once I get them born into veg. the girls seem to be pretty happy in my environment.

20201209_142302.jpg

Back
Top Bottom