Farmer’s Adventures In Hillbilly Growing!

Try to read your log ASAP. Need to focus on some fundamentals. Ask @grow4broke my sanitation issues are horrendous. My veg. room looks like a weird cross over show with Antiques Roadshow, American Pickers, Blair Witch, and that one show where people scuba dive in shit.
Hey man, I grow in a drafty old 100+ year old barn that's vaguely converted into a home. Constant clutter, chaos, and cleaning :D
Xenophobia is bad?
Thought Xenophobia was a disliking of folks from Xenia, Ohio until I was like twenty.

Honor to have you tag a long, sir.
Holy shit that's hilarious. I also have Youngstownphobia and Mansfieldphobia

I'm in for this wild ride of whatever you come up with <3

Awesome background I love hearing about everyone’s backgrounds besides growing. I to suffer from a long list of mental illnesses bpd,mdd,anxiety,and did. Growing has played a big part in helping me deal with my anxiety. I’m at the point in my life where I don’t really work anymore since all of those illnesses affect how I do my job (fisherman). But through it all I’ve found peace and comfort in my plant even if it’s just one it’s still great. Keep up the good work @Farmer Reading
Really appreciate your kind words and your plant looks great. Think you said we were looking at around 40 grams?
My last plant was right at an OZ. dried. Thought it was two.

Love that you and other folks use growing as a way to deal with their mental illness.
Aside from the pure misery of crippling depression or severe anxiety that leaves one in a debilitating fog of desperation. Currently I am on three primary drugs and one secondary. The scariest one being Lithium, which can't do more damage to me than binge drinking did at university.

it really forking blows that my wife, family, and some friends will always look at me as fundamentally broken because of my mental illnesses/challenges.

Being fisherman from my understanding is a quite dangerous vocation, so you probably had to have some balls to do that.

I'll post Perky Girl here in a minute, I think she has about two weeks till the chop. Believe she is my largest indoor plant. Single topping and say ten weeks veg.? Very inefficient vegging. She still needs to put on more frosting.

20210116_103913.jpg

20210116_103733.jpg

20210116_103717.jpg

Looking great. Compared to your last grow, you are doing better? That is all we can expect of ourselves.

Keeping up with some of these other members is not a race I want to join. Growing indoors is nowhere near as easy as outdoors. Those plants grow themselves. ;) Indoors, we become mother nature. Those are some pretty big shoes to fill. Looking great Farmer.

Thanks a lot Lime much appreciated!

My Mars Hydro SP 3000 just came in the mail!!! Still waiting on my beans from Expert.
(may use this light for finishing my ancient green crack plant).

Unfortunately, the 4X2 tent I purchased (a couple years ago) is a 2X2.

Once all the pieces come into place we'll do a grow from scratch.

Life Lesson for Potheads by Farmer: don't go to the flower shop blazed.
Well I look forward to seeing your new grow!

Really appreciate your kind words and your plant looks great. Think you said we were looking at around 40 grams?
My last plant was right at an OZ. dried. Thought it was two.

Love that you and other folks use growing as a way to deal with their mental illness.
Aside from the pure misery of crippling depression or severe anxiety that leaves one in a debilitating fog of desperation. Currently I am on three primary drugs and one secondary. The scariest one being Lithium, which can't do more damage to me than binge drinking did at university.

it really forking blows that my wife, family, and some friends will always look at me as fundamentally broken because of my mental illnesses/challenges.

Being fisherman from my understanding is a quite dangerous vocation, so you probably had to have some balls to do that.

I'll post Perky Girl here in a minute, I think she has about two weeks till the chop. Believe she is my largest indoor plant. Single topping and say ten weeks veg.? Very inefficient vegging. She still needs to put on more frosting.

20210116_103913.jpg

20210116_103733.jpg

20210116_103717.jpg
Your plant is looking great. The medication pharmaceuticals is a tough thing to get through I’m currently on 5 different meds to help with the depression and anxiety and also still on detox meds from getting off of benzos. Fishing is defiantly a challenge as a career and very painful physically and mentally cannabis defiantly helps with it and I am super stoked to harvest mine soon! Keep up the good work

I’m not sure what you are using for nutes at this point but I’ve been following the fox farm full nute line at their recommended doses and as soon as I added the cha Ching into the mix it exploded my trichome production maybe look into that to help with resin and trichomes

Looking great. Compared to your last grow, you are doing better? That is all we can expect of ourselves.

Keeping up with some of these other members is not a race I want to join. Growing indoors is nowhere near as easy as outdoors. Those plants grow themselves. ;) Indoors, we become mother nature. Those are some pretty big shoes to fill. Looking great Farmer.
but the beauty is we can all cheat then by going to the stuff that works. The failures and experiments are done and tried so it's not so difficult to hit a good yield and quality . Nature is the best at sorting them out for sure but indoors can be more controlled when the nature plays up in seasons. airflow, temp , capable lights and humidity have been invented , reinvented , adapted and painfully perfected for some so we can take their wins and use them too. you can replicate most grows if space, finances are no issue and also find ways to micro grow with good results indoors. I have learnt a lot from here and still am and do , also from getting it wrong a lot but the fun of finding "your way" is all worth it. Youbwill find what works for you and then fly butnits hard to know until you see it "in situ "so to speak. Always worth remembering how rhe camera adds size and distorted appearance of huge plants that in fact can be inches high but took close up. same with bud shots. Flash makes all the difference in trying to show the frosty nugs with the glareback being a whiteout if laden ect.. I find each grow fascinating as they progress. bloody nerds here. lol

but the beauty is we can all cheat then by going to the stuff that works. The failures and experiments are done and tried so it's not so difficult to hit a good yield and quality . Nature is the best at sorting them out for sure but indoors can be more controlled when the nature plays up in seasons. airflow, temp , capable lights and humidity have been invented , reinvented , adapted and painfully perfected for some so we can take their wins and use them too. you can replicate most grows if space, finances are no issue and also find ways to micro grow with good results indoors. I have learnt a lot from here and still am and do , also from getting it wrong a lot but the fun of finding "your way" is all worth it. Youbwill find what works for you and then fly butnits hard to know until you see it "in situ "so to speak. Always worth remembering how rhe camera adds size and distorted appearance of huge plants that in fact can be inches high but took close up. same with bud shots. Flash makes all the difference in trying to show the frosty nugs with the glareback being a whiteout if laden ect.. I find each grow fascinating as they progress. bloody nerds here. lol
Well said sir :thumb:

Apparently I am the only person in the world that can kill rats, so with travel I logged 159 hours over the last two weeks.

Haven't seen Mrs. Reading for a while, but she has been staying at a friend's up in Capital City who is stimulating company. Really cool and good looking dude, he is solid photographer originally from Turkey or Pakistan.

Really don't care what she does, since I took a five year vow of celibacy she is not onboard with reciprocating, which I just started year four. Will probably extend it to ten years.

Need to run her down to help me with some pictures.

Anyway my soil test came back and for most part I nailed it for flowering.
See what @Patient Puffer thinks.

The soil test was a little elementary looking.

The extension agent mentioned that it would be beneficial to add some N for early season growth.
This batch was specifically for flowering.

Looks likes the PH is too high. Thinking I put too much lime in the mix.
Finally a bit low on Sulfur and maybe Magnesium levels.

Thinking my cut ratio will be two Promix, one Peet, one half to one vermiculite, and one half to one clay balls.

I'll try to get caught up on folks journals ASAP.

Garden Report.png

Uhh...I never seen one of those. I don't know how to read one of those. My reasoning behind my soil builds is not science based, more of a feeling and it's seems I have got lucky for all these years. Seeing those numbers makes me feel like it is a balance that can end up out of whack. I always try and keep my numbers/inputs even like an All Purpose.

I built my soil from bare naked Peat Moss. It was inert when I got it and I had to add it all.

It becomes another issue to figure out what an existing soil already has and needs. This is where the test comes in.

I have been reading on soil tests (few minutes) and I would need to study it more to get a better grasp on it.

My initial research brought me here...

Upon reading this I realized your soil as it sits presently, is not far off where you want it to be.

Are those numbers for the soil to be fallow; not growing anything? Do you need to overcharge a soil to supply enough for a grow?

You appear to already have some nutrients in there. Are those quick release and readily available? Are those nutrients in slow release forms? I can't answer those questions.

Searching for N, I read that your "ability to hold N depends on your CEC (cation exchange capacity). You take your CEC and multiply by ten? What does that even mean? Hahaha. I am still pretty red neck. ;)

Your Phosphorous is through the roof and I wondered what that would do to a plant...so I ended up here...

It may seem due to this factor, your soil may not be optimal. Where is this soil located? How did it get so high in P? Is it pasture land riddled with manure? Hmm...

Maybe a touch of soil remediation is in order. That may be another web safari hunting answers. Maybe I don't know what I am talking about...cuz I don't. I would need to rip apart every piece of that analysis to understand...

A - what is healthy
B - what our plants need
C - How and what to add
D - How to fix what is too high

That phosphorus number is alarming and the effects of too much P causes "...iron and zinc lock out".

I would really study that facet and consider if it is even possible in that soil. Perhaps a raised bed planter is in order to avoid the plant(s) sitting in too much of that soil.

This is a piss poor excuse to tell you what I think...cuz I need to learn more to effectively give an opinion. These are just my initial concerns, aside from my lack of knowledge.

Thank you for making me smarter. Maybe someone here has experience reading these and determining what to add. I have my own thoughts but I would need to read more before I could give any valued information. I am willing to learn with ya. Haha haha. Let me know what ya think...I will jump down that "rabbit hole" with ya and come out more enriched for doing so.

I see you mentioned cutting it to lower the P number. By doing that, you lower all the other numbers as well and may fall below those thresholds, thus creating a need to amend to bring the rest back up.

Apparently I am the only person in the world that can kill rats, so with travel I logged 159 hours over the last two weeks.

Haven't seen Mrs. Reading for a while, but she has been staying at a friend's up in Capital City who is stimulating company. Really cool and good looking dude, he is solid photographer originally from Turkey or Pakistan.

Really don't care what she does, since I took a five year vow of celibacy she is not onboard with reciprocating, which I just started year four. Will probably extend it to ten years.

Need to run her down to help me with some pictures.

Anyway my soil test came back and for most part I nailed it for flowering.
See what @Patient Puffer thinks.

The soil test was a little elementary looking.

The extension agent mentioned that it would be beneficial to add some N for early season growth.
This batch was specifically for flowering.

Looks likes the PH is too high. Thinking I put too much lime in the mix.
Finally a bit low on Sulfur and maybe Magnesium levels.

Thinking my cut ratio will be two Promix, one Peet, one half to one vermiculite, and one half to one clay balls.

I'll try to get caught up on folks journals ASAP.

Garden Report.png
science.... lol Fun journal. This whole growing journey is so different for each of us. You are a farmer and of course you would approach growing this way... I ready to see some seeds pop. I'm 4 pages in. Cant wait to see what you do with all that knowledge.

My apologies for completely neglecting my journal. Hopefully, I am fairly current on most of y'alls logs.

Hell got a little bit more crowded at 00:56 a.m. on February 5th, 2021, my loving father expired/died.
There were two family members who were doctors, so I got to call the T.O.D (time of death) a first for me, which was the most exciting part of what was an otherwise boring affair. The little things are what really makes life special and stuff. I've seen enough death first hand to have a desensitization to its presence, finding the experience overall quite boring.

He was a decent human and possibly the worst father ever. The man was Agnostic to straight up Atheist, so he didn't believe in Hell, so it is ok of making fun of him residing there.

Think I have three strains of auto's starting then I will start my pheno's.

Plan to run my soil (Red Fox?) blend against Sohum on the Autos. Pretty excited to get the bags!!!

20210218_142010.jpg

Back
Top Bottom