Farmer’s Adventures In Hillbilly Growing!

Dropped off soil sample at the county Extension Office. Should have an analysis within a couple weeks!

This pile of soil will be the basemix for our outdoor grow Plus gonna start using my own blends indoors!

20210104_135734.jpg

20210104_135216.jpg

20210104_120619.jpg

20210104_120401.jpg

20210103_161334.jpg
Looks like good stuff and stuff.

Hey!! Welcome to :420::ciao:

you may want to check out @Ganjagrandaddy
He may or may not be English as well!! ;):thumb:
Another brit. ayup mate. right now we have at least 7 of us from blighty, we can effect a takeover to bring the savages into line with good old British values and teachings. lol
I am a sinner from the wet n windy Isle with a raincoat amd wellies ( who needs the armour of God when we have wellies ?). look a right pillock coming down the ladder from my loft in them though !!.

Ok. a little bit about me (will try to be brief---really like to talk).

Grew up on a family farm where my parents treated their prize livestock better than their children.
Product of divorce.

My siblings fly around my dad like vultures wasting their lives waiting for him to die (estate).

First pet was a runt pig that I saved from certain death named Mister Pig. I was no younger than five, nor no older than eight.

Well back in the day a lot of small towns had butchers.

Not like Kroger, like bring in your cow and come back in the afternoon for steaks. Well one day we took a ride to the small city butcher and Mr. Pig got to come along, she jumped right into the back of the pick-up like a dog and I got to ride in the back too, yeah. It was a warm summer day.

I think my parents told me were taking her to the local county fair.

My parents made me watch Mr. Pig take a bolt gun, get her throat slit, and scolded in a weird spinny thing (this all happened in a second). The bolt gun didn't work well and the bastards didn't give her time to bleed out, so I got to here my pet get scolded alive for a few painful seconds.

Studied my ass off in high school NHS only to enlist in the Army Signal Corp. Served three years active honorable discharge, served one year Ohio National Guard---getting ready to start state OCS---came up hot on a drug test weed cause my girlfriend and I smoked the night before my drill. Almost didn't go to drill that day, (not cool but not a big deal to skip a day every now and then) because my girlfriend and I had a very long intimate game of chess the prior evening.

Funny never was good at Chess.

That was late 90's. Needless to say they kicked me out of the guard. Fortunately with my good service record and the kindest man I ever met, a full JAG Colonel who went to bat for me with the ONG Commanding Dick General, I scraped out of the guard with an honorable discharge.

Wife and I are university educated went to a moderate sized university in Greece near Athens.
We are blessed with two great jobs, but still kinda live paycheck to paycheck.

Truly my biggest accomplishment is being married to the most wonderful human being I have ever met for nearly twenty years, no children. We just have two Corgi mutts we picked up at anti cruelty shelters in Chicago.

We lived in Chicago for eleven years. I've worked on a pig farm shovelling tons of hog shit and I've worked in a glass tower building portfolios.

I am bipolar manic and take three drugs a day. My most recent bout with mania landed me in CBUS a nickname to a mental facility in the capital of my polis in Greece.

Enjoy and respect nature and love history.

Really thought I was going to convert to Amish and grow weed when I went crazy. The fucked up thing about it is some of my Amish friends thought I was actually going to convert. English to Amish is very rare though it does happen. Have one Amish friend who is a convert he grew up on a conventional English family farm.

If ya read up on mania, well, it ain't great for your finances. Looking at potential financial ruin, my nephew/little brother
an Anesthesiologist who is on staff at Mayo Clinic at Rochester "loaned" me $20(k) to keep me from being financially forked. FYI: his wife is a Mayo Doctor too dealing with diseases and shit. They ain't living paycheck to paycheck.

I am stubborn, a slow learner, naturally come across as a dick. And have failed at everything. Think I am finally growing up at 45. Competitive to a fault.

Kinda want this journal to be the thesis on my life. I joined 420 to learn how to be the best of the best.

I am staying to be part of a community of shared learning and maybe for once feel like I am part of a real family.
Learning to respect all growers and folks in are community and that all plants just like people are beautiful.

Aside from learning how to properly grow I want to give the audience something to look forward too.
Maybe give one person a laugh after a shitty day of work at a shitty job.

If you are feeling really fucked up I'm right there with y'all.

What I need from the audience is to tell me when to listen and tell me when to shut the fuck up.

Currently my family resides back in our "Old Country" living in Athens Greece very near the small providence of Meigs and only grow high quality CBD flower.

Despite not having a fucking clue, I believe I am doing some shit right with my grow.

Time to StFu and take care of my stressed plant.

Best,

Farmer R
brilliant run down and bios. welcome to the misfits. Thankfully we are the bottom layer so no falling further. We make great weed the big pharma would die for audits all ours. lol. welcome to the 420 world brother.

Another brit. ayup mate. right now we have at least 7 of us from blighty, we can effect a takeover to bring the savages into line with good old British values and teachings. lol
I am a sinner from the wet n windy Isle with a raincoat amd wellies ( who needs the armour of God when we have wellies ?). look a right pillock coming down the ladder from my loft in them though !!.
Good day good sir.

Loft wellies :laughtwo: they are all the rage don't you know. wear them with pride.
My pet sheep has wellies.. it stops her running away :p
We can only try to teach these folks that are not from our splendid island. but i think they are too far gone for change and we will just have to endure the savage culture they have become:rolleyes:

I am from the far off land of Ant and Dec and king Alan shearer.
Hopefully bump into you from time to time .

Toodlooo

Squiggs

Good day good sir.

Loft wellies :laughtwo: they are all the rage don't you know. wear them with pride.
My pet sheep has wellies.. it stops her running away :p
We can only try to teach these folks that are not from our splendid island. but i think they are too far gone for change and we will just have to endure the savage culture they have become:rolleyes:

I am from the far off land of Ant and Dec and king Alan shearer.
Hopefully bump into you from time to time .

Toodlooo

Squiggs
using wellies is so cruel !!! , we take them to cliffs edges and stand waiting for them to back up !!!. Then who is the victim in a trial ?. ....
Young rapscallions are so indicative of our youth here . Heard them get very gangster in their younger days , Some business with Susan Boyle over stolen bars. Heard she got very "Missy Elliot" when riled. lol
Hopefully bump into ANY person sooner rather than later. someone woke Khan from his Lamp/moneybox now !! lol

using wellies is so cruel !!! , we take them to cliffs edges and stand waiting for them to back up !!!. Then who is the victim in a trial ?. ....
Young rapscallions are so indicative of our youth here . Heard them get very gangster in their younger days , Some business with Susan Boyle over stolen bars. Heard she got very "Missy Elliot" when riled. lol
Hopefully bump into ANY person sooner rather than later. someone woke Khan from his Lamp/moneybox now !! lol
Sorry for the late reply , I've spent the last couple of hours with the giggles, induced by your comment:p

What was this thread about again?

Reet, I'm off looking for the nearest cliff

Ok. a little bit about me (will try to be brief---really like to talk).

Grew up on a family farm where my parents treated their prize livestock better than their children.
Product of divorce.

My siblings fly around my dad like vultures wasting their lives waiting for him to die (estate).

First pet was a runt pig that I saved from certain death named Mister Pig. I was no younger than five, nor no older than eight.

Well back in the day a lot of small towns had butchers.

Not like Kroger, like bring in your cow and come back in the afternoon for steaks. Well one day we took a ride to the small city butcher and Mr. Pig got to come along, she jumped right into the back of the pick-up like a dog and I got to ride in the back too, yeah. It was a warm summer day.

I think my parents told me were taking her to the local county fair.

My parents made me watch Mr. Pig take a bolt gun, get her throat slit, and scolded in a weird spinny thing (this all happened in a second). The bolt gun didn't work well and the bastards didn't give her time to bleed out, so I got to here my pet get scolded alive for a few painful seconds.

Studied my ass off in high school NHS only to enlist in the Army Signal Corp. Served three years active honorable discharge, served one year Ohio National Guard---getting ready to start state OCS---came up hot on a drug test weed cause my girlfriend and I smoked the night before my drill. Almost didn't go to drill that day, (not cool but not a big deal to skip a day every now and then) because my girlfriend and I had a very long intimate game of chess the prior evening.

Funny never was good at Chess.

That was late 90's. Needless to say they kicked me out of the guard. Fortunately with my good service record and the kindest man I ever met, a full JAG Colonel who went to bat for me with the ONG Commanding Dick General, I scraped out of the guard with an honorable discharge.

Wife and I are university educated went to a moderate sized university in Greece near Athens.
We are blessed with two great jobs, but still kinda live paycheck to paycheck.

Truly my biggest accomplishment is being married to the most wonderful human being I have ever met for nearly twenty years, no children. We just have two Corgi mutts we picked up at anti cruelty shelters in Chicago.

We lived in Chicago for eleven years. I've worked on a pig farm shovelling tons of hog shit and I've worked in a glass tower building portfolios.

I am bipolar manic and take three drugs a day. My most recent bout with mania landed me in CBUS a nickname to a mental facility in the capital of my polis in Greece.

Enjoy and respect nature and love history.

Really thought I was going to convert to Amish and grow weed when I went crazy. The fucked up thing about it is some of my Amish friends thought I was actually going to convert. English to Amish is very rare though it does happen. Have one Amish friend who is a convert he grew up on a conventional English family farm.

If ya read up on mania, well, it ain't great for your finances. Looking at potential financial ruin, my nephew/little brother
an Anesthesiologist who is on staff at Mayo Clinic at Rochester "loaned" me $20(k) to keep me from being financially forked. FYI: his wife is a Mayo Doctor too dealing with diseases and shit. They ain't living paycheck to paycheck.

I am stubborn, a slow learner, naturally come across as a dick. And have failed at everything. Think I am finally growing up at 45. Competitive to a fault.

Kinda want this journal to be the thesis on my life. I joined 420 to learn how to be the best of the best.

I am staying to be part of a community of shared learning and maybe for once feel like I am part of a real family.
Learning to respect all growers and folks in are community and that all plants just like people are beautiful.

Aside from learning how to properly grow I want to give the audience something to look forward too.
Maybe give one person a laugh after a shitty day of work at a shitty job.

If you are feeling really fucked up I'm right there with y'all.

What I need from the audience is to tell me when to listen and tell me when to shut the fuck up.

Currently my family resides back in our "Old Country" living in Athens Greece very near the small providence of Meigs and only grow high quality CBD flower.

Despite not having a fucking clue, I believe I am doing some shit right with my grow.

Time to StFu and take care of my stressed plant.

Best,

Farmer R
Awesome background I love hearing about everyone’s backgrounds besides growing. I to suffer from a long list of mental illnesses bpd,mdd,anxiety,and did. Growing has played a big part in helping me deal with my anxiety. I’m at the point in my life where I don’t really work anymore since all of those illnesses affect how I do my job (fisherman). But through it all I’ve found peace and comfort in my plant even if it’s just one it’s still great. Keep up the good work @Farmer Reading

Woohoo! Beautiful plants!
Finally get to see you start a new grow! ;)
Looks great man! She looks kinda bad right no
Thanks a lot Lime much appreciated!

My Mars Hydro SP 3000 just came in the mail!!! Still waiting on my beans from Expert.
(may use this light for finishing my ancient green crack plant).

Unfortunately, the 4X2 tent I purchased (a couple years ago) is a 2X2.

Once all the pieces come into place we'll do a grow from scratch.

Life Lesson for Potheads by Farmer: don't go to the flower shop blazed.

Pretty plant buddy, its filling out nicely in that tent. Is the Tropicana cookies from inhouse genetics?
Much appreciated Sparkey!

Mrs. Reading ordered the Tropicana Cookies from Crop King.

While I have bred a ton of hogs; I have never tried my hand at cross pollinating, yet.
Though I have stressed plants too get a few seeds from their crown nugs.

Been busy with work and stuff, so running behind in my studio obligations.

Need to run an old COB/CREE light I payed like $50.00 for a few years back on her.

The light for some reason seems to encourage stem growth and healthy stretch.

Probably need to trim her one more time before the flip as well.

Fabulous and comical journey so far. Nice one.
Oh! You don't mind me tagging along do you?
I am English unfortunately
Really appreciate the follow and I won't hold it against you that your English.
Though I am still pissed off about the War of 1812, lol. Funny story my little brother from my social fraternity Theta Chi was a War of 1812 reenactor. Like who the fork does that?

Anyway when Mrs. Reading and I taught "American Style" English in Germany we worked with a lot of Brits. A couple went to Oxford and stuff.

Looks like good stuff and stuff.
Can't wait to get my soil sample back from the lab.

The secret ingredient is horse shit!!!

Right now running a couple batches in my tumblers for my indoor plants.
One more tea application to the soil and a few weeks the base mix soil should be ready to cut with
Pro Mix.

Just catching up completely and i love your journal! Beautiful plants also! Im excited to follow along, keep at it my friend. cheers!
I got a little bit behind on your journal, but think I am all caught up.
Appreciate the kind words from a solid cultivator.

Hopefully, we will get a little more interesting soon.

Sadly enough just got promoted for like the fifth time at work, so I have hours upon hours of training.

I am a sinner from the wet n windy Isle with a raincoat and wellies ( who needs the armour of God when we have wellies ?). look a right pillock coming down the ladder from my loft in them though !!
Starting to feel like I live in your part of the world. Think we had a ten days of no sun here in my little part of Appalachia. My grow lights are a blessing for seasonal depression.
Mrs. Reading and I live in S/E Ohio, which is a northern U.S. State. Really where I live is a lot more like West Virginia or Kentucky (southern states).

Looking forward to reading/getting caught up on your auto journal. Going to run a 4X2 tent with autos at 18 hours a day, so it will be a most educational.

Forgot if I mentioned it in my journal. My first auto yielded a whopping four grams.

Also plan to use the tent for vegging phenos.

What are y'all's Clubs?
@Squiggle

brilliant run down and bios. welcome to the misfits. Thankfully we are the bottom layer so no falling further. We make great weed the big pharma would die for audits all ours. lol. welcome to the 420 world brother.
Thanks!!! Feel right at home here great community/family. The quality of weed from our members is absolutely amazing :rollit: The Community has more diversity than Albany Park a Chicago neighborhood we lived in for about five years.

Back
Top Bottom