H00k's Hillbilly Grow - Girls 2015

So...all is good in h00k land...8 weeks into flower...a few samples, since I've been seeing some cloudy trichs, results in "happy smoke"...this evening saw the girlz get their last nute feed...just water for the next week or two(I may run a few longer...butt...be nice to get the lights off)...then harvest...would have liked to put up a couple more pics...butt...busy packing for another fishing trip...will have more in a few daze...cheerz!...h00k...

Gracias At!...fishing was good!...weather was even cooperative!...ate a ton of Walleye...and brought home a couple of limits...some Bass a nd a couple Northern as well...

...of course...before even unpacking...it was down to the shed to check the girlz...all healthy...butt...2 plants had aphids!...fook!...after a thorough investigation, issue seems to be just on 2 plants(Cookies Kush)...they got a segregation,,,total wipe down and a rinse...examination with loupe saw bout' a 70/30 cloudy/clear trich ratio...with a few amber's...so knowing some samples made some good happy smoke...off with their heads!!...lolool...

...bunch of coarse cropped buds(cookies Kush)...

P10506371.JPG

...best main cola of the two CK harvested...not totally impressive...but...not so bad...

P1050638.JPG

...my intention was to give these another week...but..it is what it is...prolly start harvesting this weekend(9 weeks)...a couple every few days..Cheerz...h00k...

Well...a hot and humid day here...certainly not the norm for this time of year...but I'll take it!...WooT!!...lolool...good day to do some harvesting! to get some non couch lock bud...Missus h00k luv's the happy smoke!...happy wife...happy life!...lolool...

...Today's participants were Strawberry Blue(thats the one that has had a cal/mag deficiency look for the past month...tho' her bud's got nice and plump) and three Liberty Haze(they're supposed to be a 70% dominant indica strain...but they were all head and shoulders above the rest of the girlz!)...

...Strawberry...she's a bit gangly...butt...nice bud's...gonna have to turn yer head sideways!?...lolool...

P10506411.JPG

...Three Liberty Haze...pictures are crappy(not sure what happened there?)...I call them my basketball girlz...long and lean!...so much so they bent over from the bud's(if I do these again...prolly use cages)...tallest one was just shy of six feet!...

P10506421.JPG

P10506431.JPG

P10506442.JPG

...didn't think to fire up the scales till after SB was done...as I'm more interested in dryweight...butt...out of curiosity...weighed the results of the three Haze...18oz...wanna' see what that dries down to...also got a half bag of popcorn and sugar leaf for tincture as well as a full cookie sheet of the same for sampling whilst drying and curing the girlz...

...Bag O Bud's...

P10506451.JPG

...Gonna be busy for the next couple of week's...what with life... werk...and garden's...butt...I wouldn't have it any other way!!...lolool...Cheerz!...h00k...

Hola Amigo's!... Frost was nearly on the pumkin last nite...34F at 6a.m. this morning...by 9:30a.m. had warmed up some...
P10506462.JPG
...girlz are OK in their house as it is somewhat insulated...but the time has come to complete the harvest on the remaining 6 girlz...it's 10 weeks today since the flip, and my trusty loupe says Just Do It...approximately 70/30 cloudy/amber trichs...won't get to it till tomorrow...been looking after possibly a future grandson...anyway...a few shots insde the house...

...Pineapple foreground/larger LSD behind her...

P10506482.JPG

...Couple Critical Kush close ups...

P10506492.JPG

P10506501.JPG

...a couple more LSD's...

P10506522.JPG

...things are looking good...2 jars curing...2 bags almost dry enuff to cure...and get to play edward scissor hands tomorrow...adios!...and Cheerz...h00k...

Yeah...not too shabby...although I won't yield as much as last year...my fault tho'...as said earlier... tried to cram too many plants in my space...butt...should get me and missus h00k thru till next season(helps that we'll be gone south for ten weeks in the dead of winter)...already thinkin' bout next spring and what to grow...have enuff seeds stockpiled, but will prolly get a couple new strains...going to Herbies is like a kid in a candy store!!...lolool...So any way...some shots from today...funny, how after an hour or two, the excitement of trimming wears pretty thin!...lolool...My methodology is to trim off the live plant then dry in paper bags, before mason jars for curing...I find it so much easier than hanging whole plants...way easier to see what Yer doin'...give the bags a shake/stir everyday for a week, and good to go...

P10506561.JPG

P1050657.JPG

P10506581.JPG

P10506591.JPG

P10506602.JPG

P10506611.JPG

P1050662.JPG

P10506632.JPG

P10506641.JPG

P10506651.JPG

P10506661.JPG

...So... everything's in...just some drying and curing to go...don't know if I misread or what!??...but that 18 oz. pull off he Haze dried down to just over 5oz.'s...I've not weighed wet before...butt...that seems like a drastic drop!??...oh well...it is what it is...fok up or not...lolool...I'll prolly put up at least one more post here, once the drying is complete...Cheerz!...h00k...

Hola amigo's!...been a while...been busy...werkin' OT and busy around the yard...getting ready for winter...drying took a lil longer due to some late season humidity(kinda crazy for around these parts in September)butt...girlz are in jar's...total weight from 13 ladies was 27 oz's...

P10506731.JPG

some nice smells coming when the jars get a burb...mostly that dank skunky slightly diesel aroma...with exception being Strawberry Blue...amazingly sweet fruity strawberry essence...she was a freebie from Herbies...butt I would grow her again!!...Been fun doing this journal and I thank you all for following my adventure...will be another forthcoming next May...Jah willing...will be around the site following journals and gaining knowledge...Cheerz!!...h00k...

5 ounces off 2 pounds!!! Sweet!!! Im trying to get around what you got with 8 plants but I prolly wont lol......Have you ever thought about alil topping and stress training? Seems with that much plants you could've got 3 pounds. But I think you mentioned its mainly for Mrs. Hook so Im sure 27 ounces will last her more than awhile lol..............:goodjob:

Had not the shed been so crowded, I would have topped and trained more...and this is after I put out three girlz for adoption...next year will either increase my floor space or cut back on the number of girlz...yielded more last year with fewer plants...however... even tho' the results were lower in quantity...the quality is top notch, so all in all...I'm a happy camper...lolool...and last time I looked... I think you are quite likely to equal or surpass my efforts At...which reminds me...off to your journal I go...lolool...Cheerz!...h00k...

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom