H00k's Hillbilly Grow - Girls 2015

Damn Dr! You are killing it! Have you ever considered giving the HPS bulbs some leg room? Hanging them from the top? Or even vertical in the middle of the ladies?

Just thoughts! Seriously though the mix HPS, CFL and LED I have never seen before and it looks to be working in your favour! Can't wait to see how big this round gets!

...since I use off the shelf fertz(miracle gro...I know...I'll prolly go to hell!...lolool) I always fert on the lite side...one thing I haven't done...which I normally do...is a feeding with epsom salts...figger that will be on tap for next feeding come Sun/Mon...according to my cheap azz meter(remember...this a hillbilly grow...lolool)...PH is bang on at about 6.8...so I feel comfortable with that...hopefully...next season will give me more time to play with the girlz...without life and werk distractions..cheerz...h00k...

Diggin' your style Dr.H, just got caught up, late but pulling up a chair for the finish. Sitting about 4 years behind you for the retirement daze, congratulations.

Could I ask what your well water PH is?

Just curious, mine is 7.2 ppm's around 400, try and use rain water when I can or a mix with the well water due to the ppm's.

Green Karma for your finish :rollit:

Damn Dr! You are killing it! Have you ever considered giving the HPS bulbs some leg room? Hanging them from the top? Or even vertical in the middle of the ladies?

Just thoughts! Seriously though the mix HPS, CFL and LED I have never seen before and it looks to be working in your favour! Can't wait to see how big this round gets!

Thanks J1...I have considered different arrangements, but this set up werked well last year, so I decided to stick with it...next year will prolly downsize the number of plants that will give some room to experiment(or make the room bigger!!lolool)...trouble is those suckers get so hot so I just try to place them to maximize coverage for the room without burning the girlz...undoubtedly, next season will see some changes...still liking the T5's and varying light temps with the CFL's and LED bulbs...not to mention the low wattage savings...Man I luv's this hobby...cheerz!...h00k....

Diggin' your style Dr.H, just got caught up, late but pulling up a chair for the finish. Sitting about 4 years behind you for the retirement daze, congratulations.

Could I ask what your well water PH is?

Just curious, mine is 7.2 ppm's around 400, try and use rain water when I can or a mix with the well water due to the ppm's.

Green Karma for your finish :rollit:

...Gracias Capt'n!...would have to look up lab report from we had the well drilled to know officially...but my el cheapo meter says about 6.7 or 6.8...since Mrs. h00k is a main benefactor of the fruits of my labours, I've subtly mentioned some better quality tools would be an ideal birthday or Xmas present(s)...lolool...I always let the water sit in buckets for a couple daze before using to water...not sure if it has any merit...just something I do...when I foliar mist, it's straight outta' the tap tho'...they seem to enjoy it...anyways...Cheerz!...h00k...

Fook...hate it when life gets in the way...personal...professional...should take turns...instead of ganging up on me...lolool...so...in addressing my strawberry blue leaf issues...all the girlz got an epsom salt feeding last Sunday...in all honesty...think her issues got worse...tho' bud growth is kewl(i can see a couple lids dried)...
P10506231.JPG

...flushed the crap out of her on Thursday...no harm/no foul...everything seems status quo...did some cleaning up under the canopy...been having a very unseasonable heat wave...so just wanna' keep a good air flo'...

P10506181.JPG

... another issue has poked up as well(posted in bugs pest threads)...new to me...but again...so far...no apparent damage to the bud's...
P10506201.JPG

P10506221.JPG

...so...just a few more shots of the girlz...
P10506151.JPG
P1050614.JPG
P1050611.JPG
P10506101.JPG

...cheerz!...h00k...

...Not much new to report...things going well...buds lookin' good...had the 45X loupe out for a closer look...maybe my imagination...could swear I can see some cloudy trichs!!...lolool...discipline over desire!!...on another note was cleaning out freezer's getting ready for deer season...came across a half dozen vacu sealed bags of sugarleaf/popcorn bud from last season...that, along with my haircuts thus far= 2 quarts of tincture sitting in the fridge...made with quality vodka and OP(151 proof...strongest available in these parts) rum...prolly strain and store this weekend...should prolly have some pics this weekend...cheerz!...h00k...

I bet that was an awesome surprise!

I checked my freezer after reading your post, just a bunch of Popsicles and chicken nuggets though. Oh well....

LOLOOL cd!...was a good surprise...soon as I saw it, I remembered it...we freeze a lot come fall...animal...vegetable ...and apparently...medical...lolool...gonna keep this batch for me...usually give it to a good friend...cheerz...h00k...

So...this evenings trip out to the girlz house had a not unexpected issue...the stem problem with one of my girlz has progessed a lil!...the powdery mould? issue has gone a lil further...leaves are drooping...
P10506251.JPG
P10506241.JPG
and a new pale site on stem has appeared...
P10506261.JPG
...seem's to be sucking the life out of her...rubbed the areas with some peroxide and a good watering...will see what happens in the next 48 hours before I segregate her...is a THC Bomb seed from last year...if she continues downhill...more tincture fodder...it's all good!...every season is a learning experience...lolool...cheerz...h00k...

Some frosty bugs there Doc, looking good. The exception of the stem, had a similar problem earlier in the year, fortunately not on the main stalk, did get it cleared up with a good cleaning of hydrogen peroxide diluted with water and wiped down (cleaned/scrubbed) then a twice weekly spray of milk diluted with water. I did take one branch early just in hopes of stopping any spread, but the other couple of branches are cleared up and all is well again. I'm pulling for you to get her feeing better and make it to the finish, looks like yawl are getting close. :cheer:

Guns, RodsnReels & Gardens Good :passitleft:

Tight Lines brother

Believe it is/was a powdery mold issue At...and alas Capt'n...this young girl has gone to heaven...was too much damage at first site...then new below that...all on the main stem...it was a case of euthanasia...as she was dying slowly...this thc bomb girl was a bit of a runt thankfully!...felt it was best to end it and protect the rest of the girlz...tomorrow will see me bringing all the girlz outside and give their room a thorough cleaning...7 weeks since the flip, so care is paramount fer next couple weeks...on a high note...a sample last evening from the recently departed... resulted in "happy smoke"as Mrs. h00k puts it...LOLOOL...so all was not lost!...Thanks fer stoppin' by!...cheerz...h00k...

update take two...lolool...spent some quality time with the girlz yesterday...haircuts all around...cleaned their house...and feeding with a foliar mist fer' dessert...

pre hair cut...

P10506271.JPG

...post hair cut...

P10506281.JPG

P10506291.JPG

...Liberty Haze girlz reaching for the starz...just about six feet...kinda surprised as she's an indica dominant strain...

P10506301.JPG

...critical kush ...

P10506321.JPG

...Barney's LSD...

P10506331.JPG

...more LSD...lotsa buds...but no impressive cola...

P10506311.JPG

...also strained 2 quarts of tincture...

P10506351.JPG

...good till the last drop!...lolool...

P10506361.JPG

...Have an enjoyable Sunday everyone!...cheerz...h00k...

Back
Top Bottom