Finally! Here and excited to learn

Hey everyone! I'm a newbie here and a newbie grower. I came here a while back (couple years ago) to lurk, read, and research. I was never in a good position to start my own grow. Last year, our family was fortunate enough to buy our home. I love gardening and I grow fruit and veggies our family. Figured it was finally time to grow my own meds. It was late in the season but I was fortunate to find a local grower with some confirmed ladies (Strawberry Diesel x Critical Plus) to get a head start. I look forward to learning as much as possible. At the end of this adventure, if all I get is one good bud, I would ecstatic! Obviously I would like much more than one bud though. Here's a couple pics of the ladies in the pots I got them in and after transplanting into larger smart pots. I have them inside a 6x6 Harbor Freight greenhouse and open the door during the day to get some unfiltered sun. I have a 5000 lumen shop light that turns on for 4 hours at dusk to bring my total hours to 18. I also have a 65W LED "grow bulb" over each plant for those 4 hours to help boost the veg. I'm not sure if they have gone into flower to be honest. What do you all think?

20190727_103505.jpg
20190729_224507.jpg

Welcome.

Appreciate it! I'll be putting some cages on them tomorrow. Hopefully to bend them a little and open them up a little. Not sure if it's too late for that but I guess we shall see.
Check out OG Spring on Google may be a good technique for those girls. I was just told of it and am considering it for my next grow.

Check out OG Spring on Google may be a good technique for those girls. I was just told of it and am considering it for my next grow.
Ok cool! I'll go check it out right now. This growing wormhole just keeps getting bigger...and bigger...and bigger...and! :laughtwo:

Hi Baked looking fine! They won't flower if they're getting 18 hours of light. Covering the tent for 12 hours will do that if you block the light.

The guy I got them from was growing outdoors. We are still technically getting 14+ hrs of light here. He was concerned they may be going into pre-flower. I'm not sure how to tell though. He also told me to just make sure to put some lights on them to trick them into staying in veg. I also gave them some nutes to prompt more growth. They seem small for being 12 weeks old. They look happy though and that makes me happy!

Welcome back to the community
Thanks GHempster! Not sure why I didn't keep lurking. Short term memory loss is my excuse. :laugh::cheesygrinsmiley:

Welcome to the forum.
Appreciate it! Many people consider me a peckerhead as well. Maybe more so than you even! We may never know...

:welcome: Baked and I dig your greenhouse.
Thanks JW! It was a last minute decision honestly. I wanted to keep the cats and dogs away from being too curious. I'm actua)lly pleased with it too. It's not quite sealed enough though to be able to do some winter growing. Looks like I'll have to build something else for year long growing. LOL

Looking good baked
Thanks! Now to get them to grow out some more.

Hey baked, I read the reviews, use caution with the zippers. I'm still considering getting one.

Hey baked, I read the reviews, use caution with the zippers. I'm still considering getting one.

That's probably my biggest gripe already honestly. They are heavy duty zippers but when I first opened it, they were already spread apart. I had to zip it closed, then open, and close again in order to get them back together. You HAVE to use both hands to unzip them. Annoying but not too bad. For the price (use 25% off coupon), it's a steal. I'm going to leave it as is for a while before modifying it. I'm quite handy and can build just about anything. After my return period has ended, I'm going to be making changes to make it more functional. I already want more space too. LOL

That's probably my biggest gripe already honestly. They are heavy duty zippers but when I first opened it, they were already spread apart. I had to zip it closed, then open, and close again in order to get them back together. You HAVE to use both hands to unzip them. Annoying but not too bad. For the price (use 25% off coupon), it's a steal. I'm going to leave it as is for a while before modifying it. I'm quite handy and can build just about anything. After my return period has ended, I'm going to be making changes to make it more functional. I already want more space too. LOL
use WD40 on them.

Awesome looking green house!

It might be a bit late to top the taller one but you could try super cropping to help the bottom growth catch up. It’s tricky, but I have a write up by Shed in my signature that helped me through it.

I don’t think you’re flowering yet. Are they autos or photos?

Awesome looking green house!
Thanks!

It might be a bit late to top the taller one but you could try super cropping to help the bottom growth catch up. It’s tricky, but I have a write up by Shed in my signature that helped me through it.
Appreciate it. I will definitely check it out. I have slowly bending the taller one the past few days. Putting a cage on this afternoon and hopefully spread her a bit. There's a bunch of potential flowers in the lower canopy that I would like to get some light to.

I don’t think you’re flowering yet. Are they autos or photos?
That is good news. I was worried that if they were, I would be delaying them further by adding more light hours. I have read that can sometimes take them a while to switch back to veg. They are photos though. Grower said they are roughly at 12 weeks.

:welcome: to :420: Baked:passitleft: nice looking setup & ladies you have there :snowboating:
Thanks so much! Definitely stoked to be here again and being more involved. This is community is amazing. So welcoming, genuine, and caring! A seriously breath of fresh air compared to all the other crap all over the internet.

Back
Top Bottom