First Grow - 400W MH/HPS - Critical Kush & Dream Queen - Scrog

Re: First Grow 400w mh/hps Critical Kush and Dream Queen Scrog

If you are at around a week into flowering I would keep in mind the "less is more" rule, if you are seeing continuing yellowing this early in the flowering phase you might want to try incorporating a plain pH watering in between feeds to make sure you don't get too much nutes built up in the soil. It is hard to tell how the plants look under hps so I cant really tell the extent of yellowing you are seeing :)

dream queen preflower. female right?
SNC00446.jpg

critical kush pistils :)
SNC00447.jpg

how long did it take your cuttings to root? and did you just dip the end into water? how far did you dip it in seems like an easier way to do it rather than have an aero cloner running

The top picture i'm not too sure give it a little more time, almost looks like a bud site starting up to me from the pic. The second picture is a female pre flower for sure :)

all i did is cut the stems on 45 deg angles, and suspend the stem in clean RO water, i got them floating on something so that base creates shade for the stem developing roots. I didnt mark the day I cut them, but I would guess about 7 days to see actual white roots. Once I got 1 root, like the next day I would have 4-5 more roots. I used 12/12 lightning so they arent trying to transpire as much water. Also used low lumen lighting with normal size cfls.

i know u can make hash from trichs on leaves. i had some leaves a long time ago. idk if they were trim, the leaves by the buds, or if they were bigger lower shade leavesbut i collected trichs with screening. it was potent. smoking it plain barely got u a tiny high. so pointless 2 smoke plain.

i gota question. do trichs only get on leaves during flower? asking bc i was wondering if defoliated leaves from veg had any trichs 2 collect?

Hi. New to 420. I'm from Australia and just wondering how to subscribe to ur journal. Thanks

Hey craig I usually juice my fan leaves from vegetative growth, they contain all the goodies that don't get you "high", they are more for anti-inflammatory and other things, I figure if I am spending my money on these electricity bills im not letting anything go to waste :) but they are definitely tasty. I whipped this one up a few days ago with some other fruits;
100_61811.JPG
100_6187.JPG

When you are flowering you will get trichomes building up on the stems and fan leaves, these you can use in your hash runs, or even butter and oil for cooking :) Your plants are looking healthy! Keep up the great caregiving :bravo:

them juice pics are epic lol. thanks for sharing that. too bad i dont have a blender because that looks tasty.

so i switched to 1212 19 days ago. there were no preflowers before the flip. the preflowers came in about a week of 1212 or so. how long until i will see buds forming? i got a calyx at each node. does budding take awhile to start heavy or what?

Yeah craig once you start seeing the node distance tightening up, pistil and calyx production will start and in no time you will have the big white pistil afros going, then on come the calyx packing! :) The unit I used also was a cheap 20 dollar juicer.
Have you fed any transition nutrients to your girls?

so far everything seems great, I will be uploading some new pictures soon. The reason I havent yet because Ive been doing branch tucking since my last pictures I shared and by the times those tucked branches grew up, the pictures "appear" the same as the previous ones. My room is 100% full now with colas and there arent any areas without colas and they are starting to get nice and hairy.

Only factor I have been facing in the last month or two is coldness. If ya didn't read it before, I am growing outside in a shed with no insulation. I've been putting an electric heater on low in my grow rooms with a fan blowing towards it to help disperse even heating. No temperature problems for my plants during darkness. My rooms 12/12 alternate so I share the heater and switch it between rooms when the lights in each room switch. Now, my only grow issue is.. when I got my plants lights on, it emits good heat for my SCROG canapy, well pretty good. 80-70 degrees almost on the whole screen but the edges of my screen the last couples inches towards the wall can get 50-60, and under my screen canopy can get as low as 50-60 because the heat from my lighting doesnt penetrate that far. So I am going to get another heater today I think and keep a heater in there nonstop runnin on low settings while the lights are on from now on.

Back
Top Bottom