First Grow - AK-48 & Super Skunk Fem - Coco Coir & Perlite - 600W LED - Grow Tent

Re: First Grow - AK-48 & Super Skunk Fem In Coco Coir & Perlite - 600W LED - Grow Ten

Oh yeah, that is what they are supposed to look like. So very nice.

I'm kind of in awe of the Super Skunk. It makes me wish I was running about 1000W HPS right now. Unfortunately, that would jack the temp of my little utility room up to like 5000 degrees.

Re: First Grow - AK-48 & Super Skunk Fem In Coco Coir & Perlite - 600W LED - Grow Ten

Things are looking really good! Looks like some great buds, good luck finishing her up.

Thanks for stopping in Kev!! And for the kind words. I'm still afraid to guess on final yields, just seem silly to speculate at this point. I decided not to add any more lights, just leave this setup as it is for the remainder and see what I end up with. I also wish I'd bought a taller plant stand for AK-48, it's lack of stretch was kind of unexpected by this newbie. It's not where I want it in terms of distance from the light, a little long. Still coming on nicely, but I think I'll sacrifice some quality and yield.

Also, since I'm still green, I haven't been takings readings on my lights or anything. Just eyeballing it. Eventually, I'll develop this aspect into my grow habits. This time around was all about getting the basics down, making sure I could avoid all the major mistakes, etc.

LOL. Sorry for babbling. I stopped by your thread and checked things out... I think you're gonna have one monstrous beauty when all's said and done.

They are developing nicely mate , look tasty .
How long till harvest?

They are developing nicely mate , look tasty .
How long till harvest?
Thanks Doc! I'm not quite sure on harvest. Though, I'm expecting the AK to finish up as much as a week and a half sooner. I took a look at the trics and there are actually a scarce few coming amber on the AK, not the case on SS. SS has quite a few clear still, most milkyish.

So, we shall see. Any tips as I hit the home stretch here in the next few weeks?

I'm new to this, but, it felt like time to break out the Bic.

AK
420-magazine-mobile781746023.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1172236033.jpg

SS
420-magazine-mobile1737615889.jpg

Together
420-magazine-mobile129313352.jpg

Quick update:

Checked trics on both ladies. AK- very few clear, mostly cloudy, more amber than expected--Day 48 of flowering is today, and it's about that time. I'm a little surprised by her. SS- not too many clear, mostly cloudy, very very few amber. Still seeing some daily swelling in the SS as well.

The AK buds look mature in most regards, noticing the leaves are starting to degrade more on the AK. All that with the tric situation, I'm going to give regular water for 3 days (today included), and she's coming down.

The SS buds look fairly mature, but still the slight swelling. She'll receive a few more feedings I'd expect. Hard to say, I'll be keeping an eye on the trics.

All in all, both are looking to be harvested sooner than I expected for either of them. Which is fine by me. Eager to get some more seeds popping open.

Another quick update:

Forgot to note yesterday, but, those tall SS stems are starting to lean over, as are a few of the side branches on the AK. Buds be getting heavy on my girls. Love it.

And the AK-48 has been harvested. I spent a long while today trimming her and securing stems in my little DIY drying box... made of a thick cardboard box and wire coat hangers. Just used some of my soft coated gardening wire to fasten the stems to the hangers. Been kind of a busy day so no pics yet. Final flowering time on the AK is 54 days. Yield is very solid, though I won't guess what the final weight will be. Some excellent trim from the plant, which I'll use with my bubble bags... going to wait until I harvest the SS as well, though. Got a good deal of airy, popcorn/spider buds in a separate and smaller drying box. I might smoke those, or I might throw them in with the trim...maybe some of both.

Pics coming soon. I'm very pleased with the harvest. :love:

Congrats on your first harvest! :thumb:

Congrats on your first harvest! :thumb:

It was a pretty solid harvest for my first time out. Hell, any harvest would've been pretty solid. LOL. I'm pumped. Since I missed the harvest day pics on the AK, I'll hopefully have enough time and an unbusy day to harvest to SS and take some pics along the way. Plan on posting pics of the AK harvest before I jar it all up. :thumb:

Looking Great Stooby! Good job on your first harvest!! Happy to have followed along and watched the process - looking forward to your next and of course the smoke review if you do one! That SS sure does look nice!

:passitleft:

Looking Great Stooby! Good job on your first harvest!! Happy to have followed along and watched the process - looking forward to your next and of course the smoke review if you do one! That SS sure does look nice!

:passitleft:

Thank for the too kind words, bud. I was just catching up on your journal, and made a note there, but, WOW, man. Some pretty ladies your way. As for the SS, yeah, she's a looker right now. She gets about a week of better light and more horizontal space... looking like a Saturday or Sunday harvest for her as well. Roughly a week behind the AK. Just about what the seed bank's info. indicated, to be honest.

And I do plan on giving an official dry harvest weight, smoke report on the AK and SS. Since harvest will be so far apart, I'll just do it separately. However! I might post a few pics of me attempting to use my bubble bags for the first time, that will be after I get all the trim off the SS.

Just a quick journal note, too: Drying is taking place in the boxes shown above. Once they buds finish there, they'll go to jars for curing. Now, I'm novice here as well. My thinking is a 1.5-2 week cure. Quite honestly, I don't think my patience will hold out a lot longer than that anyway. If you guys have any thoughts on improving how I dry or how I plan to cure, be sure to let me know.

PS- I do not have any boveda packs for this cure, unfortunately. I am advised that I should be okay as long as I put them in jars at the "right" time and "burp" the jars daily for at least several days. Is this sounding safe to everyone? Thank you in advance!!

PS- I do not have any boveda packs for this cure, unfortunately. I am advised that I should be okay as long as I put them in jars at the "right" time and "burp" the jars daily for at least several days. Is this sounding safe to everyone? Thank you in advance!!

Keep in mind this is rookie territory for this old man as well but here is my experience so far with the dry/cure. Here in my environment of about 50% rh 4 days on the stem is time to pull the buds. Three days they need more time to dry and 5 days is too much. After 4 days they go straight into jars. There is one cigar hygrometer that fits into the jars that I do use. For the most part the rh after 4 days drying on the stem once put into jars is in the 60 to 70 range. For those jars that are a bit higher I leave the lid open for a few hours then close it back up for the first two days. After that all jars get opened, examined, smelled, at least 4 times a day. The lids are left off for a few minutes then replaced. This method seems to get the rh to stabilize in no more than 2 days in the 65% range. If I noticed the buds sticking together when the jar is turned all I did was dump them out, let them sit for a minute or two then replace. So far so good on this end using this method. You got this. And yes once the buds could burn, samples were taken. It will be nice to see how the freshly dried buds compare to a two or three week old cure.

So, the AK has been jarred. I did not weigh my airy, popcorn, spider... whatever you call them :).... buds, but, I'd guess there's maybe 8-9 grams of those. Total weight of decent nuggets and top buds, etc. was just over 64 grams. That's about 2 1/4 zips. Honestly, given I took her on the early side (intentionally), I'm cool with that being my first plant harvest weight. Pics of some decent looking buds to follow, plus the two jars the harvest now resides in.

SS is scheduled to come down Sunday.

:lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:

Congrats Meum, way to go using that green thumb. Excited to see your final harvest ready for consumption.

Back
Top Bottom