First Grow - Hempy Bucket & CFL

Re: First Grow - Hempy bucket and CFL

Couple of pics from today. This plant has like 0 stretch will be cool to see some shorty headers

This is some unknown strain. Seeds I've found over the years i got this one to sprout other one was mush haven't tried any more. To my untrained eye looks very indica based.

20140602_223905.jpg

20140602_223838.jpg

Not sure why the pics are sideways this time

Well look who decided to turn up

20140603_155926.jpg
20140603_155911.jpg

Day or two before I'm going to top again. Should I top to the first node on the new tops? Or is it better to top at the second and remove the first since I have short inter nodal spacing

Can't wait to see it in action and compare both methods.

Here's a side shot after tweaking the tops down again. 4th node on tops is beginning to peak through. Second and third are fully formed just waiting to cut them off lol

20140603_175918.jpg

Right now I'm deciding on 4 or 8 Colts. After the next top will be 4, so if I go that route 3 more weeks after that under 200w CFL. Then probably a defoliation and start to flower if I ever finish my flowering cabinet.

Almost ready to go 250w hps and a cool tube as the more I look at my florescent design the more I see it's complicated compared to 1 hps.

But I'm still undecided. I got about a month to think about it and I really would like to get quality bud if I do make it to fruition.... but 492w of CFL should be better than 250w hps me thinks, especially with more mixed spectrum.

Gotta sleep on it some more

Subscribed. 1x 250w High Pressure Sodium will provide more light then Compact Florescent Lights. Lumens are a scale of brightness and do not add like you believe they do. How far above your canopy are your Compact Florescent Lights mounted?

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Subscribed. 1x 250w High Pressure Sodium will provide more light then Compact Florescent Lights. Lumens are a scale of brightness and do not add like you believe they do. How far above your canopy are your Compact Florescent Lights mounted?

thanks for your time and knowledge. right now I'm using 2 46w 5600k CFL about 3/4 inch away. Today I've dropped them to a foot or so down as they weren't turning all the way up as my lights are on a 45 degree angle and so close.

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

pH is about 6.0 at the moment and should hold around there until the end of the week then I'll have to mix more nutes and pH some tap water.

Growth was pretty nice today. Visible difference since the fans were removed. I'll be up at 3am for work so I'll check on her then and maybe raise to 6 inches if all is well.

Should be topping Friday by the look of things. I'm also currently looking at led light options... specifically from top led. The one recommended for my size was the smallest 3w variant and I was thinking of going for one recommended for twice my area to get good reflection off of mylar and act as supplement side lighting.

Big dreams of little plants

Gets me excited to get up a bit earlier than needed for work to check up on her. Haven't been tardy since starting my small grow lol

Back
Top Bottom