First Grow In Over 20 Years! Northern Lights Under 600W LED

No, creating in wood is just a hobby.
Have made 6 tables with legs made from the lathe.
I love the smell and usually make small items

Wow, six tables is pretty impressive!!:bravo: I also do appreciate wood; in my knifemaking, mostly chef's knives lately, I have been using some exotic woods and love how they come to life when sanded finer and finer. I love that part!:high-five:

I love carving in wood.. Have made a few "butter knives"
Also trays, you know you glue small pieces together and use a saw to cut out the (oval is my thing) shape.
Or boxes that you make beautiful designs with thin layers of wood "sheets".
I have no clue what it is called in English, so I hope explanation creates the idea.

I love carving in wood.. Have made a few "butter knives"
Also trays, you know you glue small pieces together and use a saw to cut out the (oval is my thing) shape.
Or boxes that you make beautiful designs with thin layers of wood "sheets".
I have no clue what it is called in English, so I hope explanation creates the idea.

Yes, I do understand what you mean and they sound beautiful!

Forged in Fire, still one of my favorite History Channel shows. I can imagine you seeing yourself as a contestant kicking butt! Be neat to see some pics of your work...if you do just remember to upload to general directory and not member directories.

Sure Mr Sauga, I am always glad to share my hobby but I am not sure the difference between a general directory and a member directory?? Can I not post a few pics here?

Oops, sorry. Ya I think when you normally upload you images to the Members Gallery you would instead upload to Off Topic Photos. I can send an image of the screen tomorrow if you are still unsure.

Thanks Sauga. I found the, Off Topic Photo, thread and posted ten photos there. I have been making mostly kitchen knives lately but I put up a variety that I made. Here is the page: OFF TOPIC PHOTOS

Homer...they look great...

Thank you Gunner, so far so good, I am keeping my fingers crossed!:thumb:

I love the smell of wood...

I love wood too but I was working with some Cocobolo yesterday and my one eye is swollen from the toxic dust; exotic woods can be pretty nasty so I think my experiment with Cocobolo is over, lol.... :oops:

Hope you rinsed your eye out properly...
Beautiful work on the knives:thumb:

Thank you Birdie and yes I did rinse my eye out quite a bit and it seems better than yesterday so it isn’t that severe but I don’t think I will be using that wood anymore. I didn’t realize how toxic that wood was till after I bought it. Not only is it an irritant, which I knew, it is also considered a sensitizer, which I didn't know, so to me it just isn’t worth the risk because it could make me sensitive to less toxic woods. Unfortunately, I have about $100 of it....Live and learn, lol… :oops:

It is a beautiful wood, so if, just if, maybe next time, protective glasses would be a good idea?

It is a beautiful wood and being very dense and hard and fine-grained and being naturally oily it is considered one of if not the best wood for knife handles but being a sensitizer I just don’t think it’s worth it because subsequent reactions can be much more severe I have read and if I get it spread all over my shop in dust it could be a real nightmare. I think I will quit while I am behind, LOL. And I was wearing safety glasses but even goggles do have venting to prevent fogging so dust would still get in.

Day 34 from start of germination.

I had a minor setback today; when I tried to tuck one of my main two branches, on the top right below where I did my topping, it snapped pretty substantially. "Aaargh!" Hopefully, it has enough branch still attached to survive but time will tell. Definitely, a lesson to go easy with the training. :oops:

!cid_499bc4d1-9a86-4bf0-97eb-3bc322ccb00c@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

Besides that setback, I am pretty happy with my growth and I can’t believe the difference in these two photos between Monday and Thursday today. I guess I should flip, from what I have been told, when I have 75% coverage and I think at this rate I should have that within a week or two at the most? "Woo Hoo!" :yahoo:

!cid_d3526d44-a19e-4ab7-8824-298a900714ec@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg
!cid_48967523-3571-431e-ae27-ed07a79eb360@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

Try and wrap some tape around it if you haven't already. The plant will heal fine if you close the gap.

Also, awesome friggin knives man... this one my fav, reminds me kind of like a Klog
full

Those are in my klogs! Quick heal click and taadaaa! Knife blade lol

Glad your eye is healing up homer!

If you snap a branch in future taping it up right away is awesome. If you have any Aloe on hand you can use that as well it’s great for helping mend wounds on your plants!

Glad your eye is healing up homer!

If you snap a branch in future taping it up right away is awesome. If you have any Aloe on hand you can use that as well it’s great for helping mend wounds on your plants!

Thanks, yes it looks like I will be able to keep the eye, lol. ;)

Unfortunately, because I never imagined anything could be done about it I left the branch for a few hours before I posted so I don't know if I taped it in time. Fingers crossed. I don't have any Aloe but I may pick some up in the future; thanks for the tip. :Namaste:

I use a folding knife all the time at work, so ya it caught my eye right away. I like the clip you added. I see the one you got the idea off, but I have to tell you yours looks better!

Thank you, I am glad you like it. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom