First Grow! - Northern Lights - 2016 - Small Grow

After misting my plant with some water, the humidity in my box rose to 51%; which is fine.

Q - At what age would you recommend LST training?

- Evil
I like plants that I pinch on the 4th node and then I start LST on what rises from that. On clones, I bend them over as soon as they get established in solo cups. It's all a matter of personal preference though, there are no rules.

I like plants that I pinch on the 4th node and then I start LST on what rises from that. On clones, I bend them over as soon as they get established in solo cups. It's all a matter of personal preference though, there are no rules.

When my plant's at the stage where you would start LST training, could you please tell me. I want to get as big a yield that I can with my 45 watt LED.

Thanks Emilya

- Evil

When my plant's at the stage where you would start LST training, could you please tell me. I want to get as big a yield that I can with my 45 watt LED.

Thanks Emilya

- Evil

I would be watching for one of the 3 branches to assume dominance, and then i would LST it horizontal. Then the next will start growing fast, and again, as soon as I could, I would LST it horizontal. This will make the 3rd branch go dominant. When it starts shooting up, again with the horizontal treatment. At that point the plant will be a little confused and it will be a free for all, and out of the chaos you will see tremendous growth in what would have been the lower and mid level branches. You can very easily create a bush with a plant such as this, simply by LST'ing all the main branches in 3 different directions so that the entire plant is opened up to the air and light.

I would be watching for one of the 3 branches to assume dominance, and then i would LST it horizontal. Then the next will start growing fast, and again, as soon as I could, I would LST it horizontal. This will make the 3rd branch go dominant. When it starts shooting up, again with the horizontal treatment. At that point the plant will be a little confused and it will be a free for all, and out of the chaos you will see tremendous growth in what would have been the lower and mid level branches. You can very easily create a bush with a plant such as this, simply by LST'ing all the main branches in 3 different directions so that the entire plant is opened up to the air and light.

OK, I'll definitely be looking closely and paying more attention to my plant. As soon as one branch decides to take the lead, I'll start to LST straight away.

Thanks Emilya

- Evil

I would imagine the mutation would only benefit. More growth means more bud. But like mentioned above, some LST on your part could limit the natural favoritism of the plant.

How many days old are your plants right now?

I'm so happy this mutation has happened! My plant took 2 days to germinate; and surfaced the compost 4 days ago.

- Evil

*Update*

OK everyone, sorry for being inactive over the past 2 days, my excuse is laziness.

Well anyways; a lot has happened since my last update. My new seed's root broke through yesterday evening at around 6pm; so it took exactly 2 days to germinate. I've planted it into a mix of compost and some new potting soil; it's called "Natural CoCo Coir Potting Soil" (I'll have a picture below). I've heard some good reviews about this potting soil mix so I thought I'd give it a go. The new seed was placed into a pot that's roughly about 70% potting soil and 30% compost.

My original plant is doing great in my opinion; everyday I can see a slight change in it's structure.

Setup_231.jpg

Setup_222.jpg

Setup_212.jpg

Setup_201.jpg

Setup_191.jpg

Setup_181.jpg

Sorry again for being late with the update; won't happen again.

- Evil

*Update*

OK, so my new seed just surfaced this morning! I still can't believe how small it is.

Setup_25.jpg

My original plant is still looking good, haven't came across any problems yet.

Setup_24.jpg

Also; I was thinking about buying a new grow light for my plants. To be honest, when I was planning my grow a few months ago I wasn't sure that I would get this far; that's why I bought my current cheap 45 Watt Grow light. The temperatures where I am are very low at this time of the year ( -2°C to 8°C max ); so I thought my plant would die early on into the grow. My box is able to contain heat much better than I first thought; that was a life saver. Well anyways, here are the specs of the new light I might purchase.

SunSpect_300W_LED_Grow_Light.jpg

Product Details:
Full Spectrum: 650nm~660nm, 620nm~630nm, 460nm~470nm, 450nm~460nm, White LEDs
LED CHIP POWER: 300W
LED Quantities: 60pcs 5W LEDs
Actual power consumption: 145W±3%
View Angle: 90 degree LED
Life Span: ≥50,000 hours
Worldwide Voltage: AC85-264V
Working Temperature: -20 to 40 ℃

The light is called "SunSpect 300W LED Grow Light 5W LED Full Spectrum For Plant Veg Flowering Indoor".

Q - Would I be able to use this light from seedling; right up to the flowering stage?

Q - Would this light be efficient enough to produce a decent yield at the end of my grow? (I know this also depends on the strain, temps etc. But if anyone has any information about this I'd be glad to hear)

- Evil

I have not heard of the brand but the specs seem decent for good buddage... I haven't researched lights in awhile and brands are popping up like crazy... Try to decide what ultimately would you like to grow.. 1 plant? 3? 25? If all things where simple like.... Every item you buy should be part of that idea or concept... If you can always think that way you will never double buy something.. upgrade.. that makes it much more costly long run...

Keep it up

FE

I have not heard of the brand but the specs seem decent for good buddage... I haven't researched lights in awhile and brands are popping up like crazy... Try to decide what ultimately would you like to grow.. 1 plant? 3? 25? If all things where simple like.... Every item you buy should be part of that idea or concept... If you can always think that way you will never double buy something.. upgrade.. that makes it much more costly long run...

Keep it up

FE

Thanks Far East Buds for the tips.

At the minute I am growing 2 plants; in the next couple of months I hope to be growing 3; and that's were I'll stop.

- Evil

There are alot of things to research with a led light....
Spectrum is super important minimum 10-12 bands.
Size of the light and that includes several things....wattage ... true output... don't care what they call it what does the thing draw...Size as in how spread out is the light. I don't care what the company says... if it is suppose to cover 2 ft bt 2 ft... That is at desire height of 2-3 ft... So what if it gets closer...spectrum is spread less and plants outside of center will start to lose light. So 2 lights instead of one big one works for some people better.. I am working on testing it right now and i can focus the output better...

The most important of all things I look at is reviews.. mostly based on failure rate... Most leds use the same leds but if they are cheaply assembled and the light loses banks or fails... Then add in shipping... down time.. lost plants... most would say it is worth extra to get one that has that good track record from REAL people reviews....That takes the real research...

I might have been buying a different grade lights but did actually do this a few months ago and settled on mars....but due to fast availablility but eshine was my primary choice.... I am pretty much a noob as well just further along than you so take it all for what that means it is worth...

:peace:

FE

Back
Top Bottom