First Grow - Soil - LED - Grand Daddy Purple GDP & Cheesedawg

Here are my two girls 27 days from germination... a white widow on the left, and a BubbleG on the right... they look pretty happy! It works out to about $2 a week after u empty the jug.

420-magazine-mobile1418645250.jpg

That's my CO2 jug with the blue lid... it's my first grow so I don't have anything to compare it to... .

I'll be damn, ladies look nice.

Update - Veg Continued:

Hello! The girls got a nice healthy double feeding on Thursday, June 29th because I took off for the weekend for a relaxing camping trip. Man, it sure was awesome. Upon returning home; I was happy to be back to inspect how they responded, give them some love, and check in with the community here!:cheesygrinsmiley:
:ganjamon:

The temperatures seemed to be relatively under control while I was away. The RH was fluctuating significantly but I'm not too concerned with it for the time being. Currently sitting at 73 degrees F and 36% RH....45 minutes later they are now at 75 degrees F and 40% RH.

Veg_temp_7_3_17.png

As for the double feeding; they got a nice gulp of 850 PPM 6.4PHd H2O full of nutrients. Upon returning- I did immediately feed them a fresh gulp of H2O and they perked right up. The girls are almost ready to be switched over to flower and that is exciting. I'm happy with the response from the CheeseDawg's to the double feeding so I'm thinking I might up the dosages here soon. They do experience mild nute burn whereas the GDP's are loving the nectar! It's time to start mixing up two separate batches of food for them.

I also intend to hang the ScrOG I made soon. I know I did not properly train the girls to make them ready for a correct and hopefully perfect ScrOG; but I figured I might as well get the practice with it and set it up soon. They are 3 inch x 3 inch squares. ScrOG stands for Screen of Green and the plant should be properly trained from an early age to prepare it for this technique....

Scrog2.png

CheeseDawg:

Veg_CD_7_3_17.png

CheeseDawg #1 is the better phenotype:

Veg_CD_LST_INDV_7_3_17.png

GDP:

Veg_GDP_7_3_17.png

GDP #1 Irene:

Veg_GDP_FIM_7_3_17.png

GDP #2 is the better phenotype:

Veg_GDP_LST_INDV_7_3_17.png

And just like that...the CheeseDawg's come fighting back. :cheer:

Veg_All_7_3_17.png

Nice ScrOG! Are you gonna take some clones before they get into flower?

Thanks! Probably not on the clones. I love these strains but I am very fortunate right now to have a solid selection of feminized seeds to play with. Next up I have Skywalker OG, Incredible Bulk, Big Bud, and Dutch Delight to choose from. My friend is growing some pretty solid strains as well; Headlights, Gorilla Glue, White Widow and Cherry Bomb. Do you know what you're going to grow next?

Good to see ya Braica...Where did your journal go?

Solid selection indeed, good to know what's in store. I still got a crush on these girls.. That is a sexy GrandDad! (Ha, the look on the old lady's face when I randomly said THAT out loud)
I have some Tangie and Darkstar going in the next cycle. I'm doing the Darkstar for the CBD content. My other half doesn't use cannabis and hadnt ever realized what a truly unique and beneficial plant we have here until she met me, they legalized it about the same time. So now I'm opening her eyes to the idea that there's a difference between "therapy" and "intoxication." With cannabis sometimes they go hand in hand, other times not. I'm gonna see what I can do with that strain for her.
I axed the journal I started, I was reading through the guidlelines and I got the impression I was doing something wrong with the way I was putting my light out there(kinda salesman-ish, I guess). I just love the light use, but I don't want to be rude to the sponsors of the site. I love this spot! Couldve been put together a little but better as well, I'll have one going before flower. All the best man. Happy 4th!:peacetwo:

Solid selection indeed, good to know what's in store. I still got a crush on these girls.. That is a sexy GrandDad! (Ha, the look on the old lady's face when I randomly said THAT out loud)
I have some Tangie and Darkstar going in the next cycle. I'm doing the Darkstar for the CBD content. My other half doesn't use cannabis and hadnt ever realized what a truly unique and beneficial plant we have here until she met me, they legalized it about the same time. So now I'm opening her eyes to the idea that there's a difference between "therapy" and "intoxication." With cannabis sometimes they go hand in hand, other times not. I'm gonna see what I can do with that strain for her.
I axed the journal I started, I was reading through the guidlelines and I got the impression I was doing something wrong with the way I was putting my light out there(kinda salesman-ish, I guess). I just love the light use, but I don't want to be rude to the sponsors of the site. I love this spot! Couldve been put together a little but better as well, I'll have one going before flower. All the best man. Happy 4th!:peacetwo:

Nice, glad to hear all is well. Hahaha that's too funny; she was probably thinking "Did he just say I was sexy?! These dang hearing aids don't work!" :)

Yea, one of the girls is looking nice but honestly there are far better phenotype of this strain out there. The only thing that concerns me is its popularity and the challenge to locate a reasonably priced feminized seed in the future. Breeding may be inevitable... :hmmmm:

That's great to hear your other half is coming around to the greatest plant on earth and thank you for opening her eyes to the truth that there is a difference between medicating and intoxicating. I really enjoy CBD strains and their effects. One of my favorites is Critical Mass. Are you familiar? Its a high CBD strain that has aromas of an earthy mango with a crisp pine at the center point - and the colas get hugggggggge on them. If you want a strain that will snap it's own branches because the colas are so big - go for this one. I had some that was around 13% CBD!

Respect for acknowledging your flaws with your journal and correcting it. I look forward to your next one and hope to see some delicious Tangie following. Happy 4th back at ya!

:peacetwo:

Veg Continued, Day 36:

All four plants are looking good! I switched the position of the GDP's so you might notice that in the photos. The CheeseDawg's are also still making a comeback and looking better than before! I'm hoping these girls are going to remain strong and get really stinky here soon.

I fed them a healthy dose for their last week in veg of 1150 PPM 6.2 Ph'd water full of flavor. I'll give them another dose of just water in a few days then thereafter will be switching over to flower. Looking forward to that.

Currently at 75 degrees F and 49% RH.

:morenutes:
Check out the stack on GDP #2:

Veg_GDP_LST_Stack_7_8_17.png

And here's how they are all looking:

Veg_All_7_8_17.png

GDP #2 in front (Look at Irene peeking over the top back there):​

Veg_GDP_7_8_17.png

CheeseDawg #1 in front:​

Veg_CD_7_8_17.png

:tokin::peacetwo:

Thanks, Bloodguy! Yea for sure - that's pretty awesome!!! Good choices! I'm jelly of your KushnCheese. That should be a nice one too. Your MG sure is working good. It's amazing how similar the pheno's are - our GDP's are damn near identical and our cheese's are doing the same BLCP (bushy-leaf-cluster-party)!

Loooking good man! The training looks nice and they are headin into flower looking fantastic. Gonna be a good time!

What do you think I should set my goal at for harvest per plant? Thanks, Archi - I definitely will defoliate once more in flowering. I removed the LST stakes to let them stretch out while transitioning from veg to flower but will reapply them after defoliating.

Random "LED" thoughts:

Since I am focusing on using LED lighting specifically - here are some of my recent thoughts.

This is my first grow - Am I happy with my first purchases? Well, I've got two plants per light goin and still lovin my Mars Hydro Reflector 144 LED lights!

Each light covers a 2' x 4' area and are comparable to a 350W HPS; so my 4' x 4' tent is well covered.
For an entry level set up - I'm pretty happy with all of my choices. For my next grow; I will be expanding to a second tent so this way I can have the Veg and Flower areas separated. I anticipate that my veg tent will be a
48" x 24" x 60" tent with a single Mars Hydro Reflector 144. I am open to trying new lighting systems so I am currently researching alternative options for the Veg tent. Please forward any recommendations to me! Thank you!!

:smokin:

Here are my four girls 37 days into Veg:

Both_B_W_7_8_17.png

Update - 2nd day of Flower:

Alright! The time has come and the girls have been switched over to flower! :yummy:

They got a nice gulp of 1200 PPM 6.2PHd water full of nutrients and they sure are looking happy.

As for the CheeseDawg's; I'm loving the way they are responding. CheeseDawg #1, located in the back right, is the desirable looking pheno of the two. Looking forward to those top colas!!

Update for the GDP's; Irene is surpassing her sister!! I ended up topping Irene once more about five days before switching to flower. She responded nice - check her out below! Both of these girls are starting to stretch out nicely.

:cheer:
Day 2 of Flower:

Flower_family_7_16_17.png

GDP:

Flower_GDP_7_16_17.png

GDP #2 "Irene":

Flower_GDP_1_INDV.png

CheeseDawg:

Flower_CD_7_16_17.png

Update - 5th day of Flower:

All four plants were fed a healthy feeding and are responding nicely. The PPM was around 1250, 6.3 Ph, 2 gallon feeding. They are starting to omit distinct smells and their phenos are starting to shine. I'm excited to observe to bud development process with these girls.

:Namaste:

Update - 8th day of Flower:

All four plants were fed their part of a 500 PPM, 6.2 Ph, 1 gallon feeding. I'm happy with the CheeseDawg's catching up to the size of the GDP's. The GDP's responded better to the topping/FIM than the CheeseDawg's so they will have more colas. :love:

:morenutes:

MMMM the Cheesedawg is letting out the start of it's stinky path to dankness...

Update - 10th day of Flower:

All four plants were starting to show signs of nitrogen deficiency - yellow dying leaves near the bottom. I would say this is normal in the flowering stage, however, at day 10 - I was a little concerned. Decided to pull the trigger and give them a 750 PPM, 6.4 Ph, 1 gallon feeding of H20 + grow + surge to boost the N levels. Hoping they will respond nicely to this; put out some greener leaves and perk up! Moving forward I will start to cut the N out of the feeding cycle.

Pics to come soon - the CheeseDawg's are begging for a photo shoot and Irene is looking sassy.

:drool:

Update - 14th day of Flower:

I am pleased with the response from the girls and their efforts! All of them perked back up and are now on track with the original feeding schedule. Cheesedawg #2 is on my radar as some of the lower bud development looks concerning. They are yellowing and not as full as the surrounding pop corn. If they remain in limbo for the next two weeks - I will remove them so the plant can focus it's energy elsewhere.

Both GDP pheno's are nice - looking full and healthy.

The CheeseDawg's are really stretching upwards and starting to develop nice buds on each stem.

GDP:

Flower_GDP_7_30_17.png

GDP #1 Irene:

Flower_GDP_1_INDV_7_30_17.png

CheeseDawg:

Flower_CD_7_30_17.png

CheeseDawg at 24":

Flower_CD_1_INDV_7_30_17.png

:reading420magazine::popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom