First Grow - Soil - LED - Grand Daddy Purple GDP & Cheesedawg

Just Beautiful! GDPs are singing, CheeseDawgs are keepin it real.This Thanksgiving season is gonna be a knockout for all of us!

Thank you! For sure and we're all looking forward to it!! GDPs are letting out a nice scent and CheeseDawgs just keep on getting bigger! They've stopped growing upwards and are now thickening up. Excited for what's to come and keeping a close eye on them!

Great looking stable of ladies you got there!!
I got lost and got here late, sorry for being so loud!
PNW here too! Way to keep temps down last week!!!

Thanks, Blazin!! They are standing proud and I'm loving em!
Hey - not all who wander are lost! Glad ya made it - welcome to the party!
Right on! PNW:love:! Yea, got super lucky and kept the girls around 80 degrees while it was 110 outside for those few burner days. Keeping it consistently around 75-78 F. I'll jump over and check out your journal if you have one going!

:rollit:

Thanks, Blazin!! They are standing proud and I'm loving em!
Hey - not all who wander are lost! Glad ya made it - welcome to the party!
Right on! PNW:love:! Yea, got super lucky and kept the girls around 80 degrees while it was 110 outside for those few burner days. Keeping it consistently around 75-78 F. I'll jump over and check out your journal if you have one going!

:rollit:

Hell yeah! I think we're gonna have a long season so you're gonna have some monsters!!!

I do have a journal. It's my second outdoor grow, and I'm pretty stoked on it!
Wild Strain From The Midwest
Cheers!!

Update - 25th day of Flower:
Tonight the girls got a gulp of a gallon ...that's fun to say :smokin:... of h2o Ph'd at 6.4. They all are thickening up - stalk, stem and flowers. Noticeably the CheeseDawg #1 and GDP #2. The temperature has been around 75-78F and RH at 35%. All-in-all the girls are happy and I'm giving them love on a daily basis; even if it is simply checking in and rotating them, adjusting colas and branches or picking up fallen leaves. Random but I like to play music for them as well.

:ganjamon:

Definitely have some time but I'm starting to think about what kind of beans I want to sprout for the next grow...:nomo:

Haven't checked in for a while... :yikes: You've been keeping the lot in very good order. Very excited for the rest of flowering there. Keep doing what you do. :goodjob:

Nice to see ya Stoob! Thank you for the kind words. Drop by and say hello any time - the journals always open!

:bongrip:

Awesome! Welcome, Jfault20. Having a wonderful time hanging out with the girls! Thank you - I've never grown an auto but I'll shoot over and check out your journal.

Autos are pretty easy but not as fun as a photo it was my first plant and now I throw one in the mix now to have something different that I really don't have to pay as much attention to.

Glad to hear your GDP smell good! I hope mine do too but right now I think it would take tear gas to overpower the cheese stink in my tent. Good times had by all! Keep up the good work brotha!

Niceee! Hahaha - the KNC is a stinkkkkky one! Mannn, you're gonna love that cheese when it's ready by the looks of it! Thank you for the encouragement - means alot comin from ya bro! You've got some good knowledge and a genuine dude so I always appreciate ya stopping by and giving input! And it's always fun checking out where you're at too! Any ideas for the next strains? I really want to do purple urkle and big bud. But that probably won't be the next one.

Niceee! Hahaha - the KNC is a stinkkkkky one! Mannn, you're gonna love that cheese when it's ready by the looks of it! Thank you for the encouragement - means alot comin from ya bro! You've got some good knowledge and a genuine dude so I always appreciate ya stopping by and giving input! And it's always fun checking out where you're at too! Any ideas for the next strains? I really want to do purple urkle and big bud. But that probably won't be the next one.
Oh man the next strain... It's like a never ending journey. I just started some hso chemdawg that I'm trying to make seeds with. I dropped a pineapple express
Auto from g13 too. I have journals for both but it's super early still. How bout you?

Oh man the next strain... It's like a never ending journey. I just started some hso chemdawg that I'm trying to make seeds with. I dropped a pineapple express
Auto from g13 too. I have journals for both but it's super early still. How bout you?

Sweet you have some good choices in the mix!! Those autos are fun to see what they end up doing! I've never done one but I've seen em done. I'll drop by and check out those journals. I know- it's tough to pick out the next...Skywalker Kush, Dutch Delight, and Big Bud will probably be my next choices. I really wanted to do Big Bud and Purple Urkle so I might save the Big Bud and do Incredible Bulk instead. Still debating... :)

Update - 29th day of Flower:

Tonight the girls got a nice two gallon gulp of h2o plus nutes Ph'd at 6.4 and 1200 ppms. This feeding was loaded with lots of good food for the girls so I'm looking forward to their response. I'm starting to consider my options for curing.... Thinking about hanging them after trimming for 10-14 days then jarring them until ready. Any suggestions?

I also decided to clean up the lower branches of all four plants. I removed the smaller branches that were on track to produce one small sized pop corn bud. I should have done this a while ago; but I waited until the beginning of the 5th week of flower. Hopefully it won't stress them out too much and they will consume the extra food and focus on developing their other colas. All-in-all; things are going well for a first grow and happy with the ladies so far!

:morenutes:

Update — First Grow thoughts:reading420magazine:

Now that I am approaching week five of flower; I've decided that an update regarding this first grow is appropriate — sort of like a recap. I'm going to break these down into sections with the topic listed first then thoughts thereafter. SO here it is...

Indoor set up:
I am reasonably satisfied with all of the equipment, tools, medium and nutes that were selected for a first grow. The tent is awesome and of good size, lights are great, dehumidifier works well but could be bigger, filtration systems is working well... Shit.
SOOOOO regarding filtration; this is one area where I encountered some challenges. At first, I purchased a y-connector and had the intentions of the inline fan and AC unit to be routed into this; then ventilated out. This did not work because the AC would produce too much pressure in the y-connector and then it would push the air back into the tent. Ended up making a panel with two separate exits and the ventilation is working proper. I would like to have an outside source of fresh air rather than pulling from the house so this will be one of the next concerns to improve down the road.

Medium:
This is why I was "reasonably" satisfied. I know I mentioned it earlier in my journal but I was really disappointed to have a batch of fungus gnat larvae and adult gnats in the medium from day one of purchase. I did treat the soil and this helped reduce the colony size but it has been an inconvenient hindrance over the life cycle of the plants. I enjoy the roots products and will continue to use them — the gnats may have been picked up in transit or wherever but the larvae were the justification that it came from within. All-in-all; I will continue to use and support but wishing for the best for next round.

Germination:
4 out 4 success — not much to say here besides it worked. I will be adding a root enhancer when the seedlings start to develop, during the next grow.

Seedlings:
The girls were shocked when being transplanted as a young seedling. This caused them to be stunted and stressed out; delaying their overall growth. I will be more cautious when transplanting next time and have the process completed better. They were in the seedling stage for 18 days for this first grow; got topped/fimmed and underwent LST. Happy with the LST techniques used and the garden stakes to aid. Also will spend some more time letting the next batch develop before topping.

Veg:
The girls were in the veg stage for 6 weeks!! They got a good stretch during this time and filled in nicely; underwent LST and defoliation.

Back
Top Bottom