First Grow - Soil - LED - Grand Daddy Purple GDP & Cheesedawg

Update — 32nd day of Flower:

I anticipate the GDP's will go for around 10 weeks of flower with two weeks of flushing included and the CheeseDawg's will go for around 12 weeks with two weeks of flushing as well. Looking forward to watching them and seeing when the optimal time to pull will be. Hoping that I time the flushing accordingly!

From start to finish... I anticipate my first grow is going to be complete around 150 days. Longer than anticipated but an ok first and I look forward to the next! I must say - my intentions with this grow was to create the highest quality of cannabis to my ability so time was not of a concern. Soil does take longer but I'm really hoping the overall quality will be there to justify it. Next grow will be soil again to give it an honest effort; before possibly switching to coco. Learned a lot and have so much to learn.

Harvest and curing will be an exciting process to go through. I'm currently reading on different techniques and creating a plan. Any recs? I do consider myself an experienced trimmer so I'm more so looking forward to the curing process!

As for now; the girls are getting a gulp of a gallon of h2o Ph'd at 6.5 and the PPMS are around 700 with a little P & K boost.

:joint: Photos to come soon. :allgood:

Just make sure you have a way to keep them dry come late October!!
I learned my lesson the hard way last year

For sure will do! Do you have any advice on drying/curing in general? What happened last year? Were they too wet and molded?

Photo Update - 33rd day of Flower:

Flower_All_8_16_17.png

Flower_GDP_Colas_8_16_17.png

Flower_GDP_1_INDV_8_16_17.png

Flower_GDP_2_LST_INDV_8_16_17.png

Flower_GDP_2_LST_INDV_Cola_8_16_17.png

Flower_CD_1_INDV_8_16_17.png

Flower_CD_2_INDV_8_16_17.png

:Namaste:

For sure will do! Do you have any advice on drying/curing in general? What happened last year? Were they too wet and molded?
Haha I got baked and thought you were outdoor lol
But yeah, humidity was a bitch last year. It rained for like 12 days straight right at the end of flower and fucked me on my outdoor. Lost a little over a half pound.

Either way, make sure your RH is money in flower. Lol

Haha I got baked and thought you were outdoor lol
But yeah, humidity was a bitch last year. It rained for like 12 days straight right at the end of flower and fucked me on my outdoor. Lost a little over a half pound.

Either way, make sure your RH is money in flower. Lol

Hahaha its all good! I wish I had an outdoor set up! Dude - last year was roughhhhh for so many here because of the weather. It wiped out a lot of crops. Bummer to hear yours, bro - hopefully your harvests will be rewarding and make up for it. Always blows though. I'm currently sitting at 75 degrees and 40% RH - hoping for the around the same during drying - maybe bump up the RH to 50%...

Update - 37th day of Flower:

Hello! This is going to be a short update - Last night the girls were fed a quick gallon gulp of h2o plus P and K boost; Ph'd at 6.5 and 650 PPM. They will be fed their next batch of full nutes in one - two days. They are smelling great, thickening up, and developing nice characteristics.

On one of the GDP's had a small spider mite outbreak...decided to snip the leaves where it look colonized and will be applying SM-90 as and organic combatant. I'm going to give the other three girls a light foliar application as well as a preventative measure...they don't seem to have migrated to the other plants but time will tell. I checked again and it appears most of the mites are gone. While I was addressing the mite concern; I pulled a little too hard on one of Irene's branches and it started to seperate from the stalk. Luckily I stopped in time before it was over half way and reconnected it with duct tape. I'm hoping it will reattach itself...Fingers crossed. If not; I estimate it was a solid 3.5 gs dried flower weight.

:reading420magazine:

Update - 38th day of Flower:

Well, they sure are thirsty! The girls were fed a two gallon gulp of h2o plus nutes Ph'd at 6.5 and 2050 PPM. The tent has been around 74 degrees F and 45% RH. I have been busy with upkeep- cleaned up the tent of all loose debris, washed trays and re-positioned the girls on the stands, removed all yellow dying leaves and lower popcorn nugs, added stand and adjusted fan and air flow, and re-taped ventilation connections with higher grade duct tape. Looking forward to the next couple of weeks keeping an eye on them in their final stages.

:morenutes:

As a side note - you are all aware of the eclipse that happened today and I must say it was pretty awesome watching that take place. I was at a point of about 96% totality so I got to see nearly the entire ring! Instead of taking photos and paying attention through a camera - I sat back and took it all in through my cheap cardboard glasses that were made in a factory. #YOLO? Awesome experience I will not forget and glad I was able to be here for that. Anyways - Hope you all had a good day!!

:peacetwo:

Wow, so you been busy lol. 2050 huh, is that about as high as you'll go?

Saw the eclipse as well though only at about 80%... I found looking outside at the odd lighting\shading the hour before and after a bit more interesting, an odd mix of light and day (eyes kind of felt they do coming out of my grow tent), than the eclipse itself. *giggle* I probably would have a different opinion though if got to see it at like 95-100%, but at 80% I kind of just shrugged and said is that all?

Wow, so you been busy lol. 2050 huh, is that about as high as you'll go?

Saw the eclipse as well though only at about 80%... I found looking outside at the odd lighting\shading the hour before and after a bit more interesting, an odd mix of light and day (eyes kind of felt they do coming out of my grow tent), than the eclipse itself. *giggle* I probably would have a different opinion though if got to see it at like 95-100%, but at 80% I kind of just shrugged and said is that all?

Hey knighthawk! Yea, it's been nice! 2050 is right around the max - for this grow the highest I hit was 2250 week three of flower. Looking at them this morning - they responded nicely but tonight is when I'll really get to see the effect it had.

Awesome! Glad you were able to experience some of it! I totally know what you mean with the lighting and odd shading. There were odd shadows and the temperature dropped significantly as well. It was so bizarre at 10 AM when it started getting dark outside. It definitely made me start to wander and think.

**I picture you walk outside look up, shrug and go "That all?" shake your head and walk back inside and start gardening with the most content grin on your face**

:ganjamon:

Update — 44th day of Flower:

Hello! The girls are growing right along. I started to write a post a few days ago but accidently clicked back twice and it wiped out what I was preparing. It was late and I didn't have it in me to type it all again so here it is!

They were fed an additional gallon of h2o since day 38. I noticed one of the GDP's was showing a cal/mag deficiency. I gave her a teaspoon of dry Roots Elemental as a top dress then watered. Elemental is their calcium and magnesium supplement; it's basically lime, fish, and gypsum. The stuff smells horrible, in my opinion, because of the fish.

As for Irene; she has bounced back with her broken limb and reattached it to the stalk. I'm glad the duct tape was able to hold it close enough for it to grow back together.

:high-five:

The CheeseDawg's are looking great and still thickening up. The smell is strong, the flowers are dense, and the trichs are getting huge. I really like the mixture of orange hairs they have. It is distinctly a pungent cheese on one side of the tent and a fruity GDP on the other.

The girls were fed a two gallon gulp of h2o plus nutes, Ph'd at 6.5, 2000 PPM, and all yellowed dead/dying leaves were removed. They were rotated and lights were adjusted once more for the GDP's. Photos to come soon.

That's all for now — hope all is well!!

:ganjamon:

Shaping up real nice it looks like!

Those Gdp's are dense and looking good! Thanks, knight! I'm excited because they have just switched over to the final stretch of h2o only!! They will be ready for the chop soon! The CheeseDawg's are getting thicker as well.

:circle-of-love:frosty buds,can harvest soon

Thank you, Sara!!:love: The Gdp's on the left are almost there and the CheeseDawg on the right are about 3 weeks out. :)

Thanks Sticky!!!!!! First timer so I really appreciate it! Harvest is coming sooooooon!!! :)

When you harvest, do forget to share us with your great harvest, must amazing:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom