First Grow - Trainwreck

insane420

I guess I will introduce myself first. I am a long time lurker on these forums and I decided to start growing my own stash for my life partner. A few years ago doctors found a tumor in her tibia after she started experiencing extreme pain in her leg. We tried using the prescription pain meds, but the effects were too much for her the day after. After the tumor was removed, we decided to try pot during her rehab period as an easier way to manage the pain. The effects were very relaxing and allowed her to get through this ordeal. The tumor is gone and has remained so for a couple years now :) Reading these forums for months now has inspired me to give it a go on my own. I am looking for input from all you experienced growers to help me make this a success!

So here it is:

Bucket Size - 5 Gallon
Medium - 75% FFOF - 25% Perlite
Lights - (2) 600w HID - Veg with MH / Bloom with HPS
Nutrients - Fox Farm nutrient line - following the recommended schedule from their website. Using RO water with Cal/Mag supplemented.
Strain(s) - GHS - Trainwreck - 1 seed popped and grew as mother - 8 clones taken (followed the DIY aero cloner plans I found on this site !!).
Room - 4x8 Grow Tent - Passive intake w/Portable AC - 400CFM Fan to cool the lights and scrub the air through a carbon filter.
# of Plants: 9 (Includes Mother)
Yield : Hoping for 2oz per plant.

Pics

Grow Room

Grow-Room1.jpg

Clones - 2nd week vegging - first full strength nutrients on week 2 of feeding schedule.

TR-8.jpg

Mother - Day 21 of Bloom

TR-Mother.jpg

Very nice. sounds very much like my setup however you are way ahead on your grow. I am putting seeds in the dirt tonight.

Hit a Home Depot/Lowe's and pick up two washing machine drip pans. They keep them back in tha appliance section. Basically a 3ftx3ftx2" plastic pan. Each one will hold 5ea 5-gal buckets and keep your tent clean.

good idea on the washing machine drip pans

trainwreck is looking good

A+ setup my friend! Welcome! Glad to have you finally participating on the site! Looks like you did your homework big time! Also glad to hear about your partner, I'm happy he/she is okay.

Plants look fantastic. Great work! That mother looks nice and fat for only 21 days of bloom!!

2oz per plant is a very conservative estimate pal! With two 600's, and your genetics, it would not surprise me to see double that... GL, I will be tuned in with interest! :popcorn: :peace:

keep up the good work, overgrow this damn govt. until its legal for all to smoke. alcohol should be illegal is herb is illegal, herb is no worse then alcohol, alcohol is worse!! you can get so much more fucked up on alcohol then weed EVER!

Thanks for all the positive comments :smokin:

Here are a couple bud shots from the mother in bloom.

TR-Bud-Mother.jpg

TR-Bud2-Mother.jpg

The clones in the tent have really started to take off now. I am setting up 2 small water tanks this weekend so I can stop hand feeding with a gallon jug. I will be installing the 2nd 600watt light after I switch them over to 12/12, which I believe will happen at the beginning of the week. I will get better pics up with then.

insane420

Thanks everyone again for + rep ! This site is full of some awesome people !

Here is the latest update with the clones. The growth is great and no signs of stress at this point. However, I think I am going to pickup a light mover instead of moving my 2nd 600watt light into the tent. Reading through the forums about Electricity and Heat issues, I want to keep my monthly bill reasonable. I also made my first mistake on feeding the mother plant, I followed the foxfarm feeding schedule to the letter, and it was a bit too hot for her. Some of the big fan leaves are showing it. I will try to get pics up of the nute burn later this evening. I am switching to a less aggressive schedule and will only feed with nutes once a week. Sound Reasonable? Aside from the burning, the mother is still doing great and Jack Frost paid her a visit the last couple days :cool:

Anyway, here are a few pics of the clones that I put into flower yesterday:

TR-Clones-2ndWeek.jpg

TR-Clones-2ndWeek-2ndpic.jpg

Light Shot with Carbon Filter:

TR-GrowRoom-Light.jpg

As always, any and all input is welcomed and appreciated.

Insane420 :grinjoint:

Sky Rocket - I chose this strain primarily because of seed cost and flower time. I also watched the GHS youtube video and Franco cracked me up to the point where I just had to order them.

Ok - now I need some help on making sure I am diagnosing the problem I am having with the mother in bloom. I have been feeding her per the FF schedule and I have to adjust the PH of the mixture up to 7.5 - 8.0 so that the run off measures around 6.1. This week I have backed off the every other feeding and going to once a week. I haven't seen any new growth impacted, but the big fan leaves were looking bad. Here are the pics at day 29:

TR-SickMother.jpg

Other than the fan leaves, she is looking good:

TR-Grow-Mother-Day29.jpg

TR-Mother-Day29.jpg

insane420

Do I see an ebb and grow in your tent? Why the soil?

Mix some pulverised dolomite lime in with your soil to help sweeten up and keep your ph stable around 6.5

Setup looks great, nice and clean.

Most nutrients out there are a bit hot when run per the label. GH Flora series for hydro has been awesome though. I follow to the letter and have had not one issue. If you go ebb and grow I recommend GH flora series for sure.

For the mom just feed ro water for a week or so the feed down 25% on the strength.

Back
Top Bottom