First Grow - White Widow Fem - Soil - LED

My girls were taking freakin ages to amber up! Probably only about 10-15% amber when i chopped but i wanted an energetic racey high anyway. Still waiting to smoke some. I really wasnt happy with how the bud turned out after drying. They seemed quite dense before the chop but went really fluffy during the drying. And lost a lot of terpenes by the smell of it

My girls were taking freakin ages to amber up! Probably only about 10-15% amber when i chopped but i wanted an energetic racey high anyway. Still waiting to smoke some. I really wasnt happy with how the bud turned out after drying. They seemed quite dense before the chop but went really fluffy during the drying. And lost a lot of terpenes by the smell of it
Oh wow! I think I'm going to try 2 different techniques for drying and curing..1/2 the old school way of hanging and curing and the other 1/2 slow drying in fridge and curing

Oh and how did you dry/cure them?

Oh and how did you dry/cure them?

Yeah i really want to try the low and slow method! I think i will try it next time around as i have an unused small beer fridge that would be perfect for that! Just didn't get round to blowing the cobwebs off it for this harvest.

I just follow a very standard procedure. I hang them upside down on coat hamgers in my flower tent with a fan on low on a bucket on the floor to circulate air and i have my extraction fan on low (carbon filter is an absolute must where i am!)

After 5-7 days, when the smallest stalks snap, i cut all the nugs off individually them loosely chuck them in 1 litre jars. After a day i lay all the buds back out for 20 minutes and repeat that process for 1 more day. Then its just a case of burping the jars for a couple of minutes a day for a week or so, then only every few days for the next couple if weeks, rotating the jars before i open them to free up all the buds.

I watched alot of tutorials before my first grow and i think this is a pretty universal way of doing it, but also a complete mixture of all the little bits from all the videos i watched

Look at all the amber on this bud!! It has way more amber than the rest of the plant.. only day 48 of flower!!!

420-magazine-mobile56496554.jpg
420-magazine-mobile309682754.jpg
420-magazine-mobile851773846.jpg

Yeah i really want to try the low and slow method! I think i will try it next time around as i have an unused small beer fridge that would be perfect for that! Just didn't get round to blowing the cobwebs off it for this harvest.

I just follow a very standard procedure. I hang them upside down on coat hamgers in my flower tent with a fan on low on a bucket on the floor to circulate air and i have my extraction fan on low (carbon filter is an absolute must where i am!)

After 5-7 days, when the smallest stalks snap, i cut all the nugs off individually them loosely chuck them in 1 litre jars. After a day i lay all the buds back out for 20 minutes and repeat that process for 1 more day. Then its just a case of burping the jars for a couple of minutes a day for a week or so, then only every few days for the next couple if weeks, rotating the jars before i open them to free up all the buds.

I watched alot of tutorials before my first grow and i think this is a pretty universal way of doing it, but also a complete mixture of all the little bits from all the videos i watched
Do you wash your buds? I've heard a lot of people swear by buds washing.

No ive never tried it. I watched one video on youtube but i got scared and had to turn it off. Seems unnecessary to me. What does it do, anyone?
SweetSue and DocBud swear it improves the taste and pretty much everything else associated with smoking. I'm planning on washing half of my next harvest to see if there is any advantages for me being a solely indoor grower.

SweetSue and DocBud swear it improves the taste and pretty much everything else associated with smoking. I'm planning on washing half of my next harvest to see if there is any advantages for me being a solely indoor grower.

Awesome! Can't wait to see your results!

You have to use a specific solution to wash them in?

Awesome! Can't wait to see your results!

You have to use a specific solution to wash them in?
I've heard different things, so don't quote me. I think it's like a cup of baking soda and a cup of lemon juice in a bucket of hot water, a bucket of cold (as cold as your faucet gets) and a 3rd bucket if you have mold or have used insecticides of water and H2O2 mixture (this bucket is used first if it's needed). Then just dunk and swirl (hot bucket), then drunk and swirl (cold bucket), then dry, cure, smoke.

I've heard different things, so don't quote me. I think it's like a cup of baking soda and a cup of lemon juice in a bucket of hot water, a bucket of cold (as cold as your faucet gets) and a 3rd bucket if you have mold or have used insecticides of water and H2O2 mixture (this bucket is used first if it's needed). Then just dunk and swirl (hot bucket), then drunk and swirl (cold bucket), then dry, cure, smoke.

I just read an old thread by Hiker back in 2013, outlining Doc Buds technique. I am sold! Props @DocBud!! I can't wait to try this on my next harvest! Only 3 months to go....

Back
Top Bottom