Dreadedknots's Soil Auto Blueberry Amnesia First Grow

Question #2:
I'm using FF Dirty Dozen nutes and going by the schedule (will try to attach it). Question is, how should I adjust the weeks seeing as this is an auto? Or, more to the point, what should I be looking for to know it's time to switch from vegging nutes to flower nutes and when to flush?

Good question. I use a combination of all of these for every feed: Cal-Mag, Lickety Split (Veg), Plant Tonic (Preflower), and Funky Broadway (Bloom) ... "sort of" in proportion to the Gringo Rasta feeding schedule ... and it is working great.

I would suggest you follow the dirty dozen schedule at half nutes like you are doing, and then around day 34 you should start to see pistels ... that is when you should be in the early preflower stage they call that week 5.

I use these as my growth stages:
*** Autoflower Stages: 1 week seedling, 3 weeks veg, 3 weeks preflower, 3 weeks bloom, 4-12 weeks cure

I use these guidelines for PPM my water should have at a given stage of growth:
  • Seedlings: 100-250 (nutrients aren’t really needed here, hence there’s not a lot of particles needed)
  • First Half of Vegging Cycle: 300-400 (this is usually after you transplant, which still doesn’t require many nutrients)
  • Second Half of Vegging: 450-700 (you’ll start giving your plants more nutrients at this stage)
  • First Half of Flowering: 750-950 (your plants will be eating more as they grow, so they’ll be taking in more nutrients)
  • Second Half of Flowering: 1000-1600 (this is when your plant’s eating the most, especially if you give it additives)
  • End of Flower, Entering Harvest: As close to 0 as possible (this is when you’ll be flushing your plants, so you don’t want there to be a lot of particles left over)
You just need to map preflower to first half of flowering, and bloom to second half of flowering.

When your plants begin to form cola and begin to stretch you are definitely going to be in the bloom phase.

I am working under the impression that my autoflowers are going to take ten weeks, not 12 like the feeding schedule, so you are right, you are going to need to shift your nutes based on the plant growth.

I alternate my pH between 6.3 and 6.8 ... I don't like to keep a constant pH over consecutive feeds ever.

I am not planning on flushing unless I get nutrient lock ... but ask around ... flushing is good to get rid of salts, and you have the root and microbe products to replenish so that's great.

Take a good guess and you can adjust as needed ... cannabis is hearty ... it's very unlikely you are going to do serious damage to them.

Hopefully some others will provide feedback too.

Doing something like this may be dangerous. Spider Mites!!! A few jump on while they're outside and you can have a massive problem on your hands. Just my opinion though.
I know someone who does this ... but they wrap it up in clear plastic ... just watch the temp and humidity ... that's him though.

Me ... I'm with @Mastrmasn ... I never take my plants outside ... I like to wash things down ... keep things clean ... wash my hands ... I put in a lot of effort and time ... and I want to minimize loss due to fungus or insects.

Good question. I use a combination of all of these for every feed: Cal-Mag, Lickety Split (Veg), Plant Tonic (Preflower), and Funky Broadway (Bloom) ... "sort of" in proportion to the Gringo Rasta feeding schedule ... and it is working great.

I would suggest you follow the dirty dozen schedule at half nutes like you are doing, and then around day 34 you should start to see pistels ... that is when you should be in the early preflower stage they call that week 5.

I use these as my growth stages:
*** Autoflower Stages: 1 week seedling, 3 weeks veg, 3 weeks preflower, 3 weeks bloom, 4-12 weeks cure

I use these guidelines for PPM my water should have at a given stage of growth:
  • Seedlings: 100-250 (nutrients aren’t really needed here, hence there’s not a lot of particles needed)
  • First Half of Vegging Cycle: 300-400 (this is usually after you transplant, which still doesn’t require many nutrients)
  • Second Half of Vegging: 450-700 (you’ll start giving your plants more nutrients at this stage)
  • First Half of Flowering: 750-950 (your plants will be eating more as they grow, so they’ll be taking in more nutrients)
  • Second Half of Flowering: 1000-1600 (this is when your plant’s eating the most, especially if you give it additives)
  • End of Flower, Entering Harvest: As close to 0 as possible (this is when you’ll be flushing your plants, so you don’t want there to be a lot of particles left over)
You just need to map preflower to first half of flowering, and bloom to second half of flowering.

When your plants begin to form cola and begin to stretch you are definitely going to be in the bloom phase.

I am working under the impression that my autoflowers are going to take ten weeks, not 12 like the feeding schedule, so you are right, you are going to need to shift your nutes based on the plant growth.

I alternate my pH between 6.3 and 6.8 ... I don't like to keep a constant pH over consecutive feeds ever.

I am not planning on flushing unless I get nutrient lock ... but ask around ... flushing is good to get rid of salts, and you have the root and microbe products to replenish so that's great.

Take a good guess and you can adjust as needed ... cannabis is hearty ... it's very unlikely you are going to do serious damage to them.

Hopefully some others will provide feedback too.
Boom, like a boss, thank you!
They'll need water tomorrow and I think I'll flush. Have some tips with a bit of burn.
As far as DD feeding schedule, I'll jump to week 5ish, pistols came on 2 days ago. Oh, and the last 2 feeds have been at full strength.
Haven't been keeping up with PPM this time around. As I improve abilities, knowledge, confidence, process I'll add more control in.

I know someone who does this ... but they wrap it up in clear plastic ... just watch the temp and humidity ... that's him though.

Me ... I'm with @Mastrmasn ... I never take my plants outside ... I like to wash things down ... keep things clean ... wash my hands ... I put in a lot of effort and time ... and I want to minimize loss due to fungus or insects.
Noted. If they end up outside itll be for a darn good reason. Like Ma slid into town as a surprise visit, lol.

A little close... 24"-18" is good for veg and 12" for flower:bong:
Bumped the light up today since one top had almost shot up into the fan. I'll bump it up some more. Every time I take a peek (every couple of hours, lol) they show growth.

Boom, like a boss, thank you!
They'll need water tomorrow and I think I'll flush. Have some tips with a bit of burn.
As far as DD feeding schedule, I'll jump to week 5ish, pistols came on 2 days ago. Oh, and the last 2 feeds have been at full strength.
Haven't been keeping up with PPM this time around. As I improve abilities, knowledge, confidence, process I'll add more control in.
Looks like you are on top of everything.

I like that you jumped to week 5 ... makes sense ... and full strength ... cool ... they will show you if you are feeding too much. Let's see some pics in natural light just to be sure.

PPM ... I was undecided about that at first ... but now I rely on it ... I want to make sure that every week I am feeding them more. And like you, I want to push them at full nutes every once in a while.

Here's my ladies right before watering

Attachments

• 20190626_174746.jpg
    20190626_174746.jpg
    604 KB · Views: 40
  • 20190626_172608.jpg
    20190626_172608.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 20190626_174757.jpg
    20190626_174757.jpg
    664.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 20190626_172551.jpg
    20190626_172551.jpg
    515.8 KB · Views: 47
Interesting, I'll follow along, I want to try an auto next after my 4 ladies and 2 clones are done.

Looking good.

Happy growing!

Pretty sure this is from the watering wand that had some nutes in it. Only leaf like that. There are a few the tips burnt a little, but hey, that just means I'm feeding them correctly, am I right:high-five:

Attachments

• 20190705_204245.jpg
    20190705_204245.jpg
    620.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 20190705_204237.jpg
    20190705_204237.jpg
    676.3 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom