First Grow!

cheers guys reading how to LST man this is a great site everything you need to know... and then some . i think i'm going to try it on one of my power plant girls :) i been trying to find out when to start because i deffo like the result of lst it looks amazing and sabo you have just given me the answer i'm looking for :) sweet :)

the idea behind LST is to expose the side branches to more light and make the plant hormones shift to other branches to make fake 'main colas'. Bending is also less stressful to the plant than topping, I only recommend topping once or twice only. Lollipopping is done early - taking clones from the vegged plant before going into flower.

I also remove the first 2 nodes from the inside..

DN

Well VG, I think it's really cool that we're working together. I'm over 35 days into my grow and your about 10 days into yours. So, if I do the experiments and you like the results, then you can try them out on your plants and see how they respond to it. The only problem is that I selected my plants & you really don't know what strains you are dealing with, so I would really watch your plants to see how they respond when using LST or Supercropping or topping. :goodjob:

you know how to count the nodes going up the main stem - now you count the nodes on the side branches.
The inner most nodes are usually smaller, airy buds - I remove the forming buds on the first two nodes on all the side branches. It is like the lollipopping, except on the inner of side branches.

DN

this image is somewhat helpful - https://i54.tinypic.com/2v0lslc.jpg

The plant is trained to bend the main stem - exposing the side branches, then you lollipop the side branches as if they were main stem..Those tiny branches coming off the lower part of the plant - I would remove - those are the first two nodes on the side branches.

Any side branches pointing down, I also remove, side branches that point to the side, are trained to point up.

did that work?

DN

DN,

I have the main stem tied as an anchor and I tie down under the top node. There are many techniques used in LST and Supercropping, for now am getting the desired effect that I want for my plants & when I do get the plants trained to where I want them to be, then I'll flip. I lollipopped already and removed the growth that will only produce popcorn.

cheers DN :thumb: sabo yes i agree on the experementing i like doing things different to say the least but dont want to push it on the first grow so i've decided just to LST the one for now i have 2 blueberry seeds which i know are blueberry here let me show you what i mean i ordered a mix 2 bluberry 2 mazar and 2 orange bud
DSC_03023.JPG

as you can see clearly i have 2 blueberry and a mazar left . this is the back of the packet as i planted 1 mazar and 2 red seeds and the red are clearly power plant ! lol
DSC_03046.JPG

yes DN it did work so as i'm training her i'm removing the branches that face towards the soil ?
correct - you are shaping the plant - any branches that point down, especially low on the main stem, will not be getting much light. Cutting off that branch will make the plant put more energy and growth into the remaining branches point up toward the light. You can even fold over a branch pointing down, to point back up if space provides!

Never trim off branches or more than 20% leaves after the third week of flower to avoid stressing the plant and slowing growth.

DN

wait til the day you have to choose a fully grown plant to be trashed because you are over plant count or overcrowded - that hurts lol
You'll be fine - ask a lot of questions, but only choose one answer to be consistent in your grow process. No experiments or tricks - keep it simple and the plant will provide meds all by itself!

DN

You'll be fine - ask a lot of questions, but only choose one answer to be consistent in your grow process. No experiments or tricks - keep it simple and the plant will provide meds all by itself!

DN

Well, I have to disagree with this. I have a game plan and am keeping it simple. By experimenting with the plant based on the knowledge of others is one great way to learn. How can you learn without trying it out for yourself? There are many ways to go, but the one growing the plant has to make the final decision on what they want for end results. That is what counts the most. The road is long & there are many ways to get there, but the easiest path is not always the best one to follow for good results.

My point is you should learn the basics of the marijuana plant, before trying experiments - if something goes wrong - you will be lacking the foundation of basic plant care.

Its cool, I was a fast learner myself.

DN

DN,

What makes you think that I don't have the basics under control? I don't consider taking advice and implementing it from advanced growers as experiments or tricks. They were just suggestions ("Not Do This") type of comments. After 1st researching and then asking for opinions, I was always politely guided in the right direction.

Hey not arguing, its your first grow.

I guess I was talking more to virgingrower and that caused confusion.

DN

Back
Top Bottom