OG Kush, Ak-47, Bubble Gum, White Widow - Coco Grow With Drip System - LED

chuckpumpkins

Hello everyone.

I am at my third grow right now. My 2 first grows were failed. I trew everything in the garbage and started again.
I didnt know but all my probs were related to my ph pen that was not accurate. And also for my third grow I changed the nutrients I am using. (Was using Canna before.)

Anyways here is my setup and here is what I feed them right now.

Coco Perlite mix about 50/50
Humidity is at 55%
I have a big 8 inch inline fan going in the tent. I have no fan that push the air out at the moment because my inline fan is so powerfull that the tent looks like its going to explode. I will probably get another fan and a filter when it start to smell in my house.
Light is 18/6 at the moment.
I have installed a drip system with a timer. I feed 4 times a day. I would like to feed around 10 times a day.
They are all in frabric pots at the moment.
My Reservoir has a pump and an airstone(that is running 24/7)

I feed them
Advanced Nutrients for coco. around 360PPM. My water is at 140 ppm. Total of 500 ppm
Roots Excelurator Gold 0.3ml/L
SuperVit 1 drop/4litres water
AN B-52 2ml/L
PH varies between 5.6 and 6.2

I was feeding them with Voodoo Juice at the beginning and some Great White from time to time.

I am around week 3 of Veg. They are still small because I had probs at the begining because of PH issues. This is all fixed now.
I topped them 2 days ago.

Good luck on your grow. I think you will be pleased with AN. I've used them a long time and find the self adjusting PH to be very helpful.

They only think I see you may want to pick up is some Cal-Mag. Growing in CoCo requires it or you will see signs of deficiencies relatively quickly. I use at a rate of 20mg / 5 gallon.

Good luck on your grow. I think you will be pleased with AN. I've used them a long time and find the self adjusting PH to be very helpful.

They only think I see you may want to pick up is some Cal-Mag. Growing in CoCo requires it or you will see signs of deficiencies relatively quickly. I use at a rate of 20mg / 5 gallon.

I have Cal mag plus at the moment and I dont use it yet. Ive been told that with the coco version of AN nutes, maybe I wont need to add cal mag

You grow the same strains I do, so am subbed so I can see how you do in your medium. I mix together my own soil, and don't have PH problems. Soil with organics tend towards low PH, and my tap water tends to higher PH, so they cancel each other out.

And I only water when the pots get light weight, or the leaves just start to look thirsty. Once past the seedling stage, that means once a week, with nutes.

You grow the same strains I do, so am subbed so I can see how you do in your medium. I mix together my own soil, and don't have PH problems. Soil with organics tend towards low PH, and my tap water tends to higher PH, so they cancel each other out.

And I only water when the pots get light weight, or the leaves just start to look thirsty. Once past the seedling stage, that means once a week, with nutes.

Well if you dont grow in coco. You cant water so many times like I do.
What strains do you grow exactly ?

I have grown OG Kush, Bubblelicious, a variety of autos (mostly Sativa hybrids), AK 47 x Durban Poison (the African land race), AK 48 (AK 47 x an Ice mother), and some mystery Sativas I got from Nirvana. I am nursing a couple White Widow fems right now, one of which is mainlined.

I also have a seeding project going on between a male and 2 female hybrids (AK 47 x Durban Poison). The seeds were gifted from a friend, and I want to explore the phenotypes of the offspring. Hoping to get a couple very African Durban phenos to cross back, and get more of the original DP.

My next batch with be the Alaska Thunder F*** (ATF), since I am a long-time Alaskan and feel I should at least try something that was produced here, and create more seeds.

I am so over buying seeds overseas and worrying if they will actually arrive.

I have some interesting crosses to sprout, created from some naughty males who pillaged and raped the ladies in flower, before I could isolate them. :rofl:

I have Cal mag plus at the moment and I dont use it yet. Ive been told that with the coco version of AN nutes, maybe I wont need to add cal mag

I've been using AN Connoisseur which has both Calcium and Magnesium in it but have had some cal-mag deficiency. After I started adding 10-20 Mg per 5 Gallons the problem disappeared. I have continued using it to regularly and haven't suffered any deficiencies.

I've been using AN Connoisseur which has both Calcium and Magnesium in it but have had some cal-mag deficiency. After I started adding 10-20 Mg per 5 Gallons the problem disappeared. I have continued using it to regularly and haven't suffered any deficiencies.

Ok now I can tell that you guys are right. Look at my new pics I took today. One of the plant seems to be suffering of a calcium def at the moment. My reservoir is 10 Gallons. So I should add 20-40 ml into that according to your calculation?

I'm sure they will like the cal mag. I usually see an improvement in cal-mag deficiency in a couple days.

Your PH is perfect for hydro - Do you consider your mix Soil or Hydro?

April 26 2018.

So i have 3 plants behind. 2 weeks. Any advise on when I should start the flowering ? in 2 weeks ? Should all put them all in flowering in 2 weeks even the smaller ones ?

All the big ones I topped them twice so they will have 4 tops. I was not planning to do any LST.

So here are the ways I could do that maybe.

#1 The 3 plants that are behind I would not top them and I would perform LST on the others while the 3 small ones grow more and I would put them all in flowering at the same time.

#2 No LST on the bigger ones. put all of them in flowering even if the small ones are way behind.

What else could I do ?

Also here is what I give them right now.

base water at 140 ppm.
100 ppm of calmag
340 ppm A and B

Total 580 ppm.

Should I give them more at the moment ? not sure. They seem to grow well...
Oh also, I plan to transfer them in 5 gal pots.

Thats 2 pics 4 days difference

ChuckPumpkins,
I had 2 plants (GigaBud and Ayahuasca Purple) 10 days behind because 2 Acapulco Gold didn't germinate. I flipped at 6 1/2 weeks. The 2 behind weren't as branchy as the others but ended at the same height after stretch. I only topped the ones behind once.

I've also seen a few in past grows a bit shorter. I'm thinking it's strain by strain.

ES

Back
Top Bottom