First Time Grow: 2 Fast 2 Vast

Here we are at day 54 from sprouting. The sugar leaves are starting to get nice a frosty now, no idea how much longer until she’s cooked, it’s advertised as as an 8week cycle but I can’t see that being right from where she is now
7E3CE257-EE6E-4130-99D4-957C06381A60.jpeg
32677186-EC8B-4CE0-B288-8CD002E5D9FD.jpeg
E01BA559-CEBA-44F1-9A1A-4242E86FBF60.jpeg
4F35E885-776A-4CB5-A4E5-DD4DD64CCB43.jpeg
20D9E77F-AC3F-42F2-BE88-7C3756DC5752.jpeg

Attachments

• 1B3AF3E7-CB72-4BCE-81CB-5687E2112DCF.jpeg
    1B3AF3E7-CB72-4BCE-81CB-5687E2112DCF.jpeg
    614.5 KB · Views: 45
You can do the one in the second pic now. Snip the tip of the top bud with some sharp scissors (like in the photo from the thread). You will see the reaction in a couple of days. If you like it, do some more. You don’t need to worry about flushing for weeks.

Do not despair :cheer:

Have a look at what your plant looks like at this stage of growth on other peoples journals growing the same plant. Have another look a month ahead.

IMO your plant looks great. You can see very slight browning on the tips of the leaves, which indicates that you are at the top of what you should be giving them nutrient wise. The biggest danger to your plants right now is your impatience. Don't be tempted to try a short cut. Let the pots dry out between watering. Did you read the thread on back building? Did you try back building on any of your bud sites?

Did you read the thread on back building? Did you try back building on any of your bud sites?[/QUOTE]

Hey man, I thought I was letting it dry out pretty thoroughly, I use the weight of the pot and the pH/moisture stick as a guide.
I chopped off the tips of most of the larger bud sites, just until the stem of each cola was visible, does that sound right?

Good think to let it dry out. I mentioned it, because it takes patience. As far as the back building goes I don't understand what you mean by "until the stem of each cola was visible". If you are following the pics on the thread, then you are doing it correctly. When I did it I only snipped the top bud on a cola. The reaction was sort of like a train wreck where the lower buds grew into the backs of the top buds and then swelled out. Some people think this is BS. I don't think it hurts them. It didn't hurt mine. I've only done it once. I've got a grow at the moment, and I will do it again. From memory the recommendation is twice during different times of flowering.

I’m pretty sure I did it correctly, I just snipped the tips. I feel like the lower buds are starting to swell but not in a massive way yet. Some of the buds look like they’re starting to recover at the tips. Still, it seems to be growing well anyway, looked under the microscope to check trichome development and there is a mix of clear and milky looking ones and a couple of Amber ones too so all seems good there
It’s really starting to smell great now it’s got going with flowering. About 10% of the pistils are orange now so it’s coming along

Looking good. Still a ways to go. At some point your plant will start dying. The lower leaves usually go first followed by the middle and upper. They are sending the last of their nutes and energy into the buds. When's the last time you did a back budding? You could do a final one about now.

When's the last time you did a back budding? You could do a final one about now.[/QUOTE]

I’ve only done it once, about two weeks ago, I didn’t realise it was something that needed repeating! I’ll do another today. Will I have to harvest it but by bit if the buds are developing at different rates?

When's the last time you did a back budding? You could do a final one about now.

I’ve only done it once, about two weeks ago, I didn’t realise it was something that needed repeating! I’ll do another today. Will I have to harvest it but by bit if the buds are developing at different rates?[/QUOTE]

You don’t have to back build again, but I would. It looks like you’ve got a few weeks to go.

You don’t have to harvest buds at different times, but you can. There are plenty of reason to do just that. I use my tent to dry, because of the smell (not legal here), so it’s awkward. Not impossible though. What you need to do is create a drying area inside the tent which ventilates and is dark. Hanging a box above the light with vents is one way.

It’s not legal here either, I’ve heard neighbors moaning about the smell when I’ve lit up before so I need to be really careful, and maybe start vaping! I’ll just chop them down together if they need to dry in the dark. I’m hoping it’ll be done in a couple of weeks cos the dickhead next door has me all paranoid :/

I'm guessing another 6 weeks. 2-3 weeks more growing. 10-14 days hanging. Another 10 days of burping your jars. The smell is strongest when they are drying, but if you keep your tent closed up, you'll be fine. The carbon filter is really awesome.

Vaping sounds sensible. I wonder if you could just blow the smoke into your tent would that filter the smell?

Generally it just smells like dead air in the room my tent is in due to the filter. I’ve been worried about drying it too fast with it being such a small plant, I’m in two minds as to whether I should dry it as a whole trimmed plant or in individual stalks.
The buds seem to be fattening up nicely but still not much vertical growth yet, maybe I’ve stunted it with something I did somewhere down the line
I read another grow journal for he same plant and the grower reported 30cm long colas and a total haul of 3oz, I feel like I’d be luck to 1oz from this grow. Ah well, first time is never going to be the best grow I’m ever going to have I suppose

This is my grow drying in the tent after bud washing. After a couple of days I separated everything out a lot more by cutting up the branches. That worked really well.

I jarred them up individually as they dried.

Don't even worry about the yield. Worry about the tasks at hand. You will probably want to tie some of your branches up, so they don't fall over in another week or so. There are some retractable gizmos you can get specifically for that, or tie them off with twine to the frame of your tent.

I’m halfway through the tenth week now and from what I’ve read I need to be starting to flush it now, and that auto flowering plants need longer flushed than photo plants so it, however the nutrient manufacturer supply a 12 week feeding schedule with week 11 being the flushing week and harvest in week 12, so should I still be feeding it or start giving it plain water? Quite a few of the lower fan leaves have whithered and dropped off so it must be coming toward the end of its life cycle now

Back
Top Bottom