First Time Grow: 2 Fast 2 Vast

90 days old yesterday
588350D7-3310-4944-9B4B-1195107DC2BB.jpeg
5FCBC5FF-049E-4CB1-AC62-CCEB3C4AA9DD.jpeg
2D3A9CEB-4C89-4B81-9879-D9B365FF4778.jpeg
6DBDFB9B-6E1A-4461-BDC3-5A7DABB93428.jpeg
A69908EB-7B8C-4F80-8606-2842EC61B8DE.jpeg
6E83413C-CEC9-44F4-841A-5E81C92FEB58.jpeg

I’ve noticed some of the pistils have started to whither at the ends a little and are starting to get a slight discolouration from its original milky colour. It seems to early in the flowering stage for the pistils to be going orange so could it be due to the stress of a house move? I’d had to keep it in a dark box for a few hours while it was transported

The pictures are from two different tops
Normal. No worries.

Your plants look fantastic. Time to start looking at the trichomes. Do you have a loupe? Have you started flushing? Now’s the time to get ready for harvesting. Are you going to budwash?

Thanks man, yeah I’ve got a mini microscope and the trichomes are a mix of cloudy and amber except some of the very low buds are still a little bit too clear. I’ve started flushing now with ph’d water, I’m thinking I’ll jeep flushing for another week maybe and then finally chop it down, I’m going for about 25% amber trichomes overall but I don’t mind if it’s higher. It’s crazy how much breeders understate the grow time, I probably would’ve bought a different strain if I’d have known this one was going to take the same length of time as any other auto!

The trick is to catch it right. If you wait too long you lose potency. Clear, cloudy, and amber all have pros and cons. I'd send you a link, but I don't have one to hand.

So I think I’m going to chop tonight or tomorrow morning, I’ve run loads of water through it over the last week so I think it’s fully flushed now, I’m planning on washing the buds after trimming and manicuring because I can see little hairs and bits of tiny random shit on the buds, plus I’ve heard nothing but good things when it comes to washing buds

The way I do it is three 5 gallon buckets. 1st Luke warm with lemon and baking soda. Mix it a bit between washes. Second Luke warm. 3rd cold. Swish them around each bucket for around 20 seconds each. You’ll see after the first one that it’s not hurting them. I hang them in my tent with a fan blowing off the wall. Extractor running. Zip it upwith lights out and come back in a couple of days. It should take 10 days or more.

Do you have mason jars and 62 bovida packs for curing? That comes after drying.

The way I do it is three 5 gallon buckets. 1st Luke warm with lemon and baking soda. Mix it a bit between washes. Second Luke warm. 3rd cold. Swish them around each bucket for around 20 seconds each. You’ll see after the first one that it’s not hurting them. I hang them in my tent with a fan blowing off the wall. Extractor running. Zip it upwith lights out and come back in a couple of days. It should take 10 days or more.

Do you have mason jars and 62 bovida packs for curing? That comes after drying.

How much lemon juice and baking soda do I use? Do they both go in the same bucket? So one with lem+bicarbonate, one plain water at room temp and one of plain cold water? I’ve got jars but no bovida, I’ll take a look for some

How much lemon juice and baking soda do I use? Do they both go in the same bucket? So one with lem+bicarbonate, one plain water at room temp and one of plain cold water? I’ve got jars but no bovida, I’ll take a look for some

Yes. They go in the 1st bucket mixed together. 1 cup of baking soda and 1 cup of lemon juice per 5 gallons

I’m not sure what’s gone wrong here but I found mould on one of the buds, I’ve chopped the tainted bit off, inspected the rest of the branches and found none but I’m concerned the rest of my harvest could get fucked. It’s all trimmed and has been hanging in the tent with the extractor fan on, there’s negative air pressure in there as the walls are all sucked in so I know the fan is doing it’s job, the weird thing is that all the buds feel dry to the touch, the stems are bending rather than snapping so I know there is still a bit moisture left in them but surely not enough to grow mould? The tent is literally the only place I can hang the buds whilst they dry so moving them isn’t really an option but I really hate the thought of all that effort going to shit at the last hurdle. Any advice here would be really appreciated!
C12031B9-538B-4A18-BD0D-5EE066E273EF.jpeg
09B6ECAF-FE30-4BD4-92AA-8ABE42742953.jpeg

Pic of your tent would help. What made you think it was mold?

Your buds will feel dry, but they aren’t. Open one up and you’ll see. How long have they been hanging. Do you know what your humidity is? Do you have a dehumidifier? Also a fan to blow air. Bounce it off the tent wall.

Hang in there.

Pic of your tent would help. What made you think it was mold?

The picture didn’t come out very well but there was a dark grey hair-like growth from part of one of the buds, I’ve been checking constantly and I’ve not spotted any more of it yet so hopefully I’m good. I didn’t realise my circulating fan had gone off and maybe that bud was still damp from washing and the mould grew due to no air movement. They’ve been hanging for about a week. I went to the pet shop to try and get a humidity gauge but they were out of stock, I’ve put a few silica gel sachets in the bottom of the tent too

Back
Top Bottom