First Time Grow: 2 Fast 2 Vast

Let the pot dry out and then water until you get run off. With your pot you need to be patient. It can be a little tricky. You are looking for run off from the bottom. Shove your moisture meter sideways into one of the lower holes to check. Lift it up when it's newly watered and dry to get use to knowing how much water is left.

You shouldn't be watering to top it up.

The pot was light so I gave it a full watering, I’d been under watering it for a week or two I think.
Another issue that’s arisen is light burn due to leaving my light too low, I’ve raised it now, lesson learned there! No major damage done from what I’ve noticed, I’ll just have to be more careful with my plant from now on

Exactly 5 weeks since sprouting, it’s looking a little unhappy and droopy, possibly needs watering. Do I feed it with every watering? Or just once per week ish ?
Feed them twice a week,three days apart.Water on the days the soil feels dry,check moisture of the soil by sticking your finger in to the first knuckle.If dry then water it,if not just leave it.
You should only have to water then twice a week

Thanks for the watering advice!
So here we are at day 40 I think. Other than the light burn it’s been growing well from what I can see, I’ve adjusted my watering to keep up with the growth rate. I’m moving tomorrow so won’t be updating until my internet is installed

Attachments

• E905E83D-7C66-4914-929E-097CD8044394.jpeg
    E905E83D-7C66-4914-929E-097CD8044394.jpeg
    723.3 KB · Views: 124
Looking good. I would remove the leaves that are dead or clearly dying. They are just blocking light. The overhead view is a good way of looking at your plant for that purpose and to see how much more room you have for training out.

Thanks Calvados, I was in two minds about cutting the leaves off in case the bits that were stil green on the dying leaves held nutrition for the rest of the plant
I’d also read that cutting the leaves off forces the plant to concentrate its energy on replacing the removed leaf, is there any truth in that?

Feed them twice a week,three days apart.Water on the days the soil feels dry,check moisture of the soil by sticking your finger in to the first knuckle.If dry then water it,if not just leave it.
You should only have to water then twice a week

Thanks for the advice Natureman, I’ve been keeping up with that schedule, along with checking the weight of the pot and it seems to be paying off as the growth has really increased

When do I stop tieing down the stem and side branches and let it do it’s own thing? And do I remove the ties at any point or keep them on all the way until harvest, I want to make sure I don’t overdo it and stunt my final yield
Leave her tied down through out the grow.
That way bud sites in the middle will get light.

When do I stop tieing down the stem and side branches and let it do it’s own thing? And do I remove the ties at any point or keep them on all the way until harvest, I want to make sure I don’t overdo it and stunt my final yield

At some point they just stay down on their own. What do they look like now?

What kind of light are you using and what’s the distance between it and the plant.

What are the dimensions of your plant (H & W & H including the pot).

Do you have a filter and extractor? What other fans are you using and where do you place them?

What kind of light are you using and what’s the distance between it and the plant.

What are the dimensions of your plant (H & W & H including the pot).

Do you have a filter and extractor? What other fans are you using and where do you place them?

The light is a viraspectra 450w LED

Width from point to furthest point is about 70cm
Height from bottom of the pot to the top of the tallest stem is 45cm

I’ve got a no name 4” extractor and carbon filter which seems to be doing the job as I can’t smell anything
I’ve also got a 4” fan for air circulation

I’ve noticed some of the pistils have started to whither at the ends a little and are starting to get a slight discolouration from its original milky colour. It seems to early in the flowering stage for the pistils to be going orange so could it be due to the stress of a house move? I’d had to keep it in a dark box for a few hours while it was transported

The pictures are from two different tops

Attachments

• 5C0D9163-C454-4A8E-8737-A2E46FF3DBF2.jpeg
    5C0D9163-C454-4A8E-8737-A2E46FF3DBF2.jpeg
    612.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 9C6D85BB-6AE0-4B80-B881-AD44ABDEAA6D.jpeg
    9C6D85BB-6AE0-4B80-B881-AD44ABDEAA6D.jpeg
    628.5 KB · Views: 120
They look normal. It sounds like you’ve filled the horizontal space in your tent. I’d take the ties off and raise the light another foot. You’ve got plenty of room for the plant to stretch. Give it a week. Measure the new distance and raise it again.

I'd point your fan directly at your plant so the the air is clearly circulating underneath the leaves and your branches are twitching a bit. You need to constantly replace the CO2 underneath the leaves. It's how the plant recharges itself. The twitching strengthens the branches.

You are interested in creating COLAs. You'll have at least one. Hopefully four. This is a good technique for bulking them out. It's not time yet, but have a read.

LAs guide to back building

This is another thing I would strongly recommend for harvest.

Bud Washing

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom