junbud

How to Grow Mary J: Vegetation Stage - YouTube

First Time Grower

Indica
Og Kush
14 plants
flowering - 5 days
closet grow 2'x6'x5
soil - miracle grow potting mix (too late)
8" pots
2 - 400W HPS
two fans, but not really air cooled, leaving closet cracked
since i added two hps lights its at 92-102 temp with 35-45 humid (HELP)
room humidity - RH...??
do not know how to test PH in soil
watering when dry and light 2-4 days
flower farm tiger bloom, extra strength
2x6x5 above

biggest problem is heat and inexperience.. did not have enough light during vegetation
video is from seedling to right before i bought the HPS lights and flowered

think my ladies are dying.. there are extremely depressed from the new lamps and or the nutrients i added.. the leaves are droopy and they look exhuasted.. i have a small space and im considering taking out one of the 400w hps lights and going with one 400w light and two 150w cfl on the side of it to control temp.. any suggestions...??

hey junbud, I think your idea will work well until you can work out the other light. First, you should transplant the girls into a more suitable soil. I would then flush them a few times to get the rest of the residual miracle grow stuff out of there. Your temps are high, but not too bad. I would take a light out until you could air cool the hoods, if possible. Are you able to air cool, and what are you doing for ventilation?

I just started my 1000w HPS today and temps are much higher than my 1000w MH and its an air cooled inclosed hood vented outside. I live in the az desert trying my first grow and cooling is now my biggest problem!
try to keep it under 84 deg!!!!

thanks for the reply.. my ventilation is horrible. I have an 8" osc fan on top of cabinet. a similar fan sitting outside the closet door blowing air outside into the closet and another smaller fan facing away from the closet in hopes of sucking out some of the hot air. i do have an A/C unit in the room.. so I am able to keep cold air coming in.

so far I have removed the additional 400w hps so at this point I have 2-150w cfl - red spectrum and 1 - 400w hps..

I think that my closet space is too small.. for the number of plants (14) and the lighting.. the ladies did not react well to the heat from the new lights..

Those inline fans really do work wonders. I installed one in the closet for my last grow, and have been working on installing a bigger one for my current grow. Your closet is about the same size as mine and I am running 2 side by side 600w. Until today, I had a 4'' fan ventilating both chambers - the one with 2 600w, and the other with 2 400w, and the air was in the low 80's.

Hello, I would definitely invest in some air cooled hoods if you have the chance too. Hook up an inline fan and ducting between the hoods and then run the ducting out of the closet, that way you are taking care of the heat before it ever even gets into the room. Your temps were wayyyyyyyyy to high! Hope you get it taken care of :)

heat is about 85 / 31 - guess the fans are lowering the humidity.. at this point i cant do any any construction to my closet.. i was thinking of retrofitting carboard on the doors and leaving them partially open.. then cutting a place for the fans inside the cardboard..

What do you guys think of the Exhale slow carbon release bags. got two at a local store for $30

Good news
sexed my plants.. 6 males / 8 girlies :)
made rooom in closet.. dropped two 60 day wonder auto flowers.. should be finished at same time
watered and semi flushed with distilled water left in open air for 48 hrs
8 female og kush plants under (2) 400w hps lights
leaving closet partially open on each side (no choice)
have two small fans blowing up directly at lights on each side
have one osc fan blowing in on one side of closet

seedling 3-11-12 started flowering 4/26/12 sexed plants 4/24/12

pics soon...

Grab them and trash them immediately now! You're going to ruin your crop! One male ball sack opens and all your females are now almost worthless because their beautiful buds will fill with seeds. Unless of course you are growing for seeds, but yeah if they start releasing pollen, it can sit around for a while in the air, and one pollen sac is supposed to be able to release enough pollen for at least several female plants.

i removed all the males from the garden.. but such a shame to kill the poor ball having bastards.. ive read sum people smoking them, some accumulating leaves.. etc..

for smell i was thinking of ozone scrubber.. its concealed in one room.. so idk.. i already smoke alot of good.. so neighbors wouldnt notice.. lol.. any suggestion without having to use a carbon filter..

I believe the THC in males is slim to none, I mean it's the bud that you smoke, but I heard you can use male leaf trimmings to make butter, but if smell is a concern then I wouldn't advise making edibles just yet..... You know how baking cookies or brownies fills the house and such with that baking smell and you like can't even smell the batter beforehand, imagine baking something that smells that strongly already. XD

I have used Ona gel before in a bucket that I drilled holes in from about half way up to the top. I mixed some Ona and some water in the bottom, then just added some water every few days or so. I cut a hole in the lid and put a small fan in it to blow air down onto the surface of the water/ona mix. It completly got rid of the smell, but replaced it with the small of laundry. I heard they have another non-scented one, so I would get that next time. I will snap pics of the bucket for you in case you wanted to make something similar.

Personally, I believe the carbon filters work better and are easier to deal with, but it does take some venting and holes through walls. The Ona gel may work for you if you do not want to deal with that.

the ona gel might work for me.. considering its in a closet in a room upstairs.. so the mixture could help camaflouge it just a little better..

temps are down to 81 - 41rh

i definitely screwed up vegetation - any advice on how to recover

31004.jpg

8326.jpg

12237.jpg

I took the pics of that bucket setup, but wanted to ask your permission before I post them on your page. Otherwise, I will post them in my journal and you can look at it there if you want. Are these current pics? They look like they are a bit stretched. Also, the root system on these girls get pretty big. I used 3g pots for my first grow and they were root bound and stopped growing about 4 weeks into veg. They still flowered alright though. They look great in the bottom 2 pics.

So whats the plan for your grow. If you are giving more time in veg to get some growth and recovery, I would say you might want to think about transplanting the best and biggest into larger pots and tossing the weaklings. Some are duds, it happens. From the same batch of clones I took about 4 weeks ago, 2 from the same plant are next to each other in my room now and one is easily 5 times the size of the other.

That plant you have in the bottom pic looks healthy, I would keep that one and make sure you get some clones from it when the time is right. Great job!

thanks.. yes.. these are old pics.. i can update some more.. you can post any pics you like.. the more the merrier.. I am in inexperienced grower so my mistake was not leaving the plants in veg longer.. and having low light.. so the plants are a lil older and did not fill out as much

Back
Top Bottom