First Time Grower with Ambitious Intentions

THC is totally right. The heat from HID lights builds up really really fast. I have a big fan in my grow tent (4x4x8) and I have a 5" inline fan cooling my tube. Even though my tent is located in a room with a pretty low ambient temp, I have to always cool my tube so that my tent doesn't overheat.

I can vouch for this, my temps go from 21c (70f) to 26c (77f) in 2 minutes after switching the lights (600w HPS) on and this is with a an oscalating fan blowing on the plants and my extraction clearing the grow room every 30 secs :whoa:

It's an open closet though, no doors. Right by a door and not far from windows. Air conditioned house, I've heard heat issues stressed time and time again, but I'm still suspicious it's that bad.

Arrgh, I bought a 7 mega pixel camera the other day but I forgot to get a crad for it. So these photos will be the same as last week's.

00_set_up_1.jpg

The OG Kush clone. Lovely, getting bigger every day and I have to lower it every other, I'm just hoping that it's growing, not just getting taller.

00_set_up_2.jpg

The Grand Daddy Purple clone, growing as well but not at the pace of the OG. Bushier though.

00_set_up_3.jpg

1A
The mutant, I can't tell if she's on her 5th node or her sixth. If my camera was working, I'd try to show a picture of it.

00_set_up_4.jpg

1b

Was once the runt but coming in nicely/

1C
I somehow forgot to take a picture of my favorite plant of them all 1c. It's the same age as the other Cat Piss x Kush, but probably 3 or 4 time the total mass. The Stem is way thicker, further in developement, and the leaves are way bigger as well. If it prooves to be female, I'm expecting a very impressive yield.

00_set_up_5.jpg

1D Coming in a little asymmetrical.

2b.
Bagseed #1
00_set_up_6.jpg

Still much darker then her neighbors

I have planted 4 heirloom seed. all have popped. They have a rather earth colored stem and are barely started, making pointless to photograph.

I also have started a second bagseed. Making a toal of 12 plants under 120 watt florescent, I have been waiting on that light for around 2 and a half weeks now. I'll give it another 2 and a half. After that I'll buy a 400 or 600 myself. I hate waiting and I know my grow is being slowed down by it.

Thank you. I know it's a plant, but it gets me excited watching them grow.

zzzz002.jpg

From the OG Kush plant. There's several leaves like this, but it doesn't seem to affectit's growth at all. It grew between half and a full inch while I was sleeping last night.

What would this be from? I used to have access Cervantes's book, but had to return it to the owner because he left the state. (severely over rated book, yeah it does have a lot of info, but the book is so horribly put together). The soil I'm using is completely nute free except a very very low amount of Nitrogen.

And here's my favorite 1C compared to 1a on it's left. My friend set up the weights at the bottom. Doesn't seem to be serving it's purpose of LSTing it.
zzzz001.jpg

That is a clear deficiencyon that OG, while it doesn't seem to be affecting its growth it will surely not be performing as it would at full health. Keep up he good work on everything. I started out in a small space with a 400w HPS too. You can learn a lot from it.

unfortunately I don't have insect fed bat guano... Only fruit fed rat.

I'm not using that though.

I'll try to see I can get nutes.
Maybe grass clippings mixed with soil will slow this or even reverse it in the mean time?

grass clippings will do nothing but mess up PH when they start to decay, if they were composted they would give you benefits but that will take longer then you have left in the grow. I would by some liquid nutes to try and combat the def plant.

Composting for 4 months, but I think I'm just going to get some nutes tomorro or the day after.

The one I have my eye on is Grow Big by FoxFarms for vegging then getting something else for flowering

Fox farm feed chart consists of 6 things, you really only need the 3 liquids, the 3 chrystalized options are for flower only and are more of a luxury. When starting out i always got the three part general hydroponics liquids for my hydro. When i switched to potting soil and moss mixes i went with fox farm's 3 part liquid, Grow big, Big bloom, Tiger bloom. They are workin out pretty well. ( next grow i am thinking of going with more of an advanced nutrients feed program so that i can see if the more expensive stuff is really that much better.) I think from the beginning Fox farm recommends grow big and big bloom. I dont think you need the tiger bloom until your ready to switch to budding. though i assume the grow big will help some just by itself, i recommend that you try to aquire all three when you can. :grinjoint:

Yeah if you are looking at Fox Farms pick up the Grow Big, the Big Bloom, the Tiger Bloom, and pickup some molasses (1tbsp per gallon). You will be all set to setup a feeding regiment for the entire grow. Big Bloom is used through out the grow, both in veg and flower. Big Bloom is a simple compost tea made with bat guano and earthworm castings.

The place was closed.

So I went to CVS and got something else for a fourth the cost.

Schultz 10-15-10 Plant Food.

I was looking for something with more of a 2x-x-x, but that was the closest I could find. I wanted to walk home as 1C is starting to turn yellow as well as my OG Kush.

I want to see if I can get the 3 pack in a week or less. I'll be starting with a 1/3 dosage for the clones and any plants who look like they need it. Otherwise I'll feed them normal water.

chemical nutes or organic? If it doesn't say organic be careful its easier to burn(yes you can burn with organics). Also you are going to have to be very adamant about giving the plant water for at least 14 days at the end of flower to use all of the built up chemicals in the plant and to wash away the salts that build up on the root system over time.

chemical I'm pretty sure. So I will have to flush at the end if I keep using it.

That's an inconvience at worst to me though. I want to avoid the chemical taste obviously, but quality times yield is the most important

I'm going to try to upload pictures either today or tomorro. Using the nutrients has definately helped. The condition seems to be reversing.

Here's some pictures of all 12 of my plants taken today. Moved out of the grow so I could photograph them, last week compared to now.

The OGKush is stretching upwards too quickly. Something needs to be done about it soon. It's too thin for it's height and might topple over.

last week
00_set_up_1.jpg

now
IMAG00018.JPG

The Grand Daddy Purp is growing in a much nicer way
last week
00_set_up_2.jpg

this week
IMAG000212.JPG

The Cat Piss x Kush

1A this week. There was no real growth height wise, though I do think this plant is turning into a triploid. Coming in very oddly. On one of the new leaves the left half is green and the right half is yellow.
IMAG000310.JPG

1B
The fastest growing seedling. Most growth has been vertical.
IMAG00049.JPG

1C
Still my favorite plant and the largest seedling, but it's turning yellow now.
IMAG00067.JPG

1D
I want to transplant this one soon to better soil as its growth seems to be pretty stunted.
IMAG00056.JPG

2B
My second favorite seedling. Bagseed indica.
IMAG00075.JPG

The Grand Daddy Haze
3A, 3B
3C, 3D
IMAG00083.JPG

Have been predicting 3C to be the best one out of the group for the past week, when it was the second smallest of the four.

The final bagseed. 4A
IMAG00096.JPG

I was horified today to see that all of the Cat piss x Kush plants are female as well as the bagseed indica. I could be wrong on any of them and one of them (1B) I was less sure of, but if I'm right that means I atleast 7 females and supposedly the Grand Daddy Haze seeds are atleast partially feminized. I don't know what I'd do with more then 8 females, but I have no intention of throwing away any viable females.

I'm having issues caused by lighting, and I have been waiting on my partner to bring his light for over three weeks. I'm coming closer and closer to just buying one myself.

The roots are starting to come out the bottom on 1C. I need soil and pots ASAP. I knew something did not seem right with it. I'll try to transplant tomorro. I won't have time today.

I really don't want to think about my light issues. I could get a light here in within a week if I bought one online, but I'd rather not if I could get it for free.

I really don't want to think about my light issues.

Not thinking about it will not make the problem go away. Your plants will stretch like crazy and the higher you will move the light to accommodate the stretch the more they WILL stretch! :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom