Jack Herer Grow Starting Growing Again After a Long Time

JackPaz

Hi All,

Well I thought I would start a Journal to track my progress and my grow, I grew before, about 10 years ago but stopped due to becoming too busy. My current set up is a 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 ft space in a cupboard to veg using 3x 25w fL and 1 54w cfl lights on 24hours. Then a budbox XL tent with 600W HPS for flowering. The seeds are Jack Herrer feminised and 2 extra unknowns from seed from some good weed.

I started the grow at the beginning of the year and 3 of the 5 JH seeds germinated sucessfully 1 didn't get out of the seed and another was a no show. At 2 weeks old my cat ate the 3 JH seedlings and left the unknowns (Typical) setting me back a little in time as I had to order some more seeds and start again. So at this point the JH seedlings are 5 days old and the 2 unknowns 1 month. The 2 unknowns were yellowing badly and their growth stunted. I was using top soil from the garden centre and I suspect that the PH is off (I have yet to buy a PH tester will get one this week) So I flushed the pots with fresh water and then fertilised a little. This picked them up and got them growing again. I since switched the topsoil for a growbag both topsoil and growbag mixed with 25 - 30% Perilite though one of the JH seedlings are showing slight yellowing on the first leaf set. I have given them a tiny bit of fertiliser just to see if that perks them up as I figure the perilite will lock up the excess by a little I mean 10% of what the directions stated.

The ferts I am using is Phostrogen all purpose as this was what I used in the past with good results though I never had to feed them this early in the past. Though looking at this again I may switch ferts as it is NPK 14 10 27 plus trace elements so high in potassium.

The unkown plants I intend to move into flower this week so I know what they are before the JH is ready to go in case I have a male or heme. Pics to follow later on today as I have taken them from the start of the grow....

Re: Jack Herrer grow starting growing again after a long time

Sounds good, Looking forward to watching your grow :thumb:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Green beard's PC CFL hydro scrog lst

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi GreenBeard Thanks for dropping by ... now for the photos
Jack Herer day 1, though they didn't last long as the cat ate these
01012011JH.jpg

Here they are at day 12 a few days before they vanished, you can see the nutrient deficiency in them ...
12012011JH.jpg

The 2 Unknowns at day 25
25012011MS.jpg

the 2 unknowns in the closet at day 30 and the new Jack Herer day 3, doing much better than the first lot
31012011MS1.jpg

30012011JH.jpg

Here is the closet with the Anti Cat guard!
30012011MS.jpg

Finally the 2 unknowns taken today I will build the budbox in a few days and move them into 12 /12 I have them both in 1 pot as I didn't want them to take up too much room as my other half has me growing Coriander and Basil in the veg room ....
31012011MS2.jpg
31012011MS.jpg

I'm subbed. Going to follow your grow. :popcorn: I'm actually growing Light of Jah right now and I understand that Light of Jah has been bred from Jack Herer.

Budbox got built last night it wasn't too bad to put together even in a small space though I did have help from my better half. Mounting the fan lead to a quandry as there is no proper mount on the poles so I went with cutting some of the 2 metre strap that I had for the filter and just tied it in place.

Specs are:
Filter: Hortifilter 150mm / 500mm 480m3/h airflow
Fan: Systemair RVK 150E2-A1 420 m3/h
Grow Area 2.88m3 (hmmm overkill on the fan and filter perhaps)
Ballast: Lightwave Digital Ballast 600w
Light: Grolux 600w HPS bulb with Euro reflector

Now the pics ....

03022011BR.jpg
03022011BR1.jpg

03022011BR12.jpg

Plants are tied back and now in 10 litre pots ...

Re: Jack Herrer Grow Starting Growing Again After a Long Time

Time to update again, the unknowns have just started to smell now and I think that they are both female, a few more days and I will be sure.

The Jack Herer are monsters they really are growing fast 11 days old in these pics ...

09022011JH.jpg

09022011JH1.jpg

09022011JH2.jpg

the Unknowns 1 week into flower

09022011MS.jpg

A close up of the one that has started to smell still hard to see sex though

09022011MS1.jpg

haha subscribed i love the anti cat barrier i had the same problem my gf has 2 cats and one of them ate every leaf off of my first 3 plants and just left the stem all chewed cant wait to see how your jack turns out

Sweet plants man. Good to hear your other half supports your efforts. Mine just gets jealous of them. I am interested to see some indica dominant plants get some lst action. My northern lights seems to be indica Dom and I am going to lst them and I don't know how well they will react. I will see how it goes for you. Very excited to see. Good luck and great job!

It's very strange that your Jack Herer look very much Indica dominant. I was under the impression that it was Sativa dominant. I'm having the same issue with my Light of Jah. I really wanted a Sativa dominant but my girls do look Indica. I won't complain though because they are such nice plants. :grinjoint:

:thumb:

I will be watching this one. Too bad about the kitties

It's very strange that your Jack Herer look very much Indica dominant. I was under the impression that it was Sativa dominant. I'm having the same issue with my Light of Jah. I really wanted a Sativa dominant but my girls do look Indica. I won't complain though because they are such nice plants. :grinjoint:

:thumb:

Yeah it is one of those things the plant even though Sativa dominant can lean towards either side of its parentage and that isn't necessarily a bad thing when it comes to flowering time with the haze in it, if it shortens the time

Updated photos from the 14th when I put the 2 Jack Herer into the flower room the unknowns have now been in for approx 2 weeks and both are female ....

2 Jack Herer on the 14th
13022011JH4.jpg

13022011JH5.jpg

Unknowns from earlier today ....

19022011MS2.jpg

19022011MS5.jpg

and the cat taking a very unhealthy interest in the leaves, he would eat the whole thing if he had half a chance ....

19022011MS7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom