DoobieNoob's - Jock Horror & White Widow - 1st Indoor Soil Grow

DoobieNoob

What strain is it?
Nirvana’s Fem Jock Horror and White Widow

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
JH is predominantly Sativa w/ genetics of Mexican Haze x Northern Lights x Skunk#1.
WW is hybrid w/ genetics of Kerala x manga Rose

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
JH is Veg x 30 days. 2 WW’s in Veg x 16 days.

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor grow Apollo 48” x 24” x 60” tent

Soil or Hydro?
JH in FFOF soil, WW #1 in KindSoil and Coco Loco, WW #2 in KindSoil and FFOF
If soil... What size pot?
All 3 in 3 gallon SmartPots

Size of light?
600W LED

Is it aircooled?
Yes, 2 small input fans, 4-in inline fan with variable speed controller for exhaust with a 4-in carbon filter. I also have a portable AC unit in the room the tent is in since I had problems with getting enough cool air to the room from house AC.

Temp of Room/cab?
Lights on 78-81 F, Lights off 70-73 F

RH of Room/cab?
48-51%

PH of media or res?
Digital (one pronged) PH reader says 7.0 but I’m not so sure it is accurate. Waiting on a digital water PH reader to read run off.

Any Pests ?
Only my cat who is very interested in room since she is not allowed in. 

How often are you watering?
Watering when pots feel very light and plants look to droop.

Type and strength of ferts used?
WW’s in KindSoil mix so no nutes. JH in FFOF with light Earth Juice nutes per the Veg chart.
JH’s last feeding was on 10-11-16 when I noticed some yellowing in new growth at top and am concerned about the browning tips. I cut back on half of the dose to be safe.

I’m very concerned with the JH since I noticed the browning tips and they seem like it is getting on more tips. Should I flush the soil with 3 gallons of ph’d water?

I did have a problem early on with high Ph in water and then it was too low with Earth Juice. I have since gotten Ph Up & Down. Since 10-11-16 I have not given water or feed on her.

WW’s seem to be doing good and holding their own. I am interested in seeing how they do in the KindSoil. The recommend not to use Phospherous acid in lowering Ph but instead using citric acid crystals which I cannot find. So I lowered it with Lemon Juice.

I have been on here reading for quite some time and respect everyone's talent and expertise and would love to get any feedback and advice that you can offer. I have a brown thumb but am up for the challenge. I smoke but not too often and am having fun with this project. I am very excited to see how it turns out and if all goes well would love to experiment with some other strains and techniques.

JH is getting some light LST and I plan on doing that with the WW's.
Hope everyone had a great day and peace to all!
Tent86.jpg
Tent
WW2_Day16.jpg
WW2
JH_Front_Day_30.jpg
JH Front Day 30
JH_Back_Day30.jpg
JH Back 30

re: DoobieNoob's - Jock Horror & White Widow - 1st Indoor Soil Grow

Here we are with the latest. I think all is looking good so far, maybe my WW's are a little slow but I think they look healthy.

JH is still looking good, I don't think the browning is moving around plant too much. I haven't watered since 10-11-16. Pot is still heavy when lifted so I will wait a few more days.

JH_Day31.jpg

JH Day 31

Here are the two WW's. WW #2 got watered with ph'd 6.5 H20. In KindSoil so no nutes.
WW#1 is still heavy when lifted so will wait a few days before watering any of them.

WW1_Day17.jpg

WW #1 Day 17

WW2_Day17.jpg

WW #2 Day 17

Oh well.....I guess I'll try to keep up with one more grow.

I didn't mean for that to sound so dour. Your plants are looking good. Little yellowing on a few leaves probably caused by pH issue. I wouldn't worry too much about it. :bong:

LOL it's all good Jim! I'm glad to have you here. Yhanks for the feedback on the yellowing. I'm going to let it be and make sure my next watering is ph'd appropriately. I have a decent digital ph pen coming today.

So I haven't posted in about a week due to work travel schedule. JH is at day 38 Veg and my WW's are both at day 25 Veg. I think they are looking much better since I am maintaining a good Ph at around 5.3. I installed today, which took me a while to configure due to my space constraints, a blumat water system with a 5 gallon reservoir. I am seeing how this will work because by the time these girls go into flower I will be out of the country for 10 days for holiday.

The concern I have is keeping the water Ph good in the 5 gallon reservoir. I am worried that it will fluctuate once it is sitting after I balance it. Anyone have any ideas on how to keep it stable?

I have 2 blumat carrots right now in my JH since she drinks much more and 1 carrot in each of the WW's. I would love some ideas or feedback if any of you have any. Thank you much and peace to all!
JH_day38_WW_day25.jpg

Wow I just realized this is a really shitty pic. Sorry I will try and take a better one.

I don't know enough about hydroponic systems like you're using to offer any advice. However, what your referring to regarding the pH of your reservoir is known as pH drift. If noone else pops in with help, you could google it to find suggestions.

That plant in the back left is a bush baby! :thumb:

Thanks Fuzz!! I will be checking it daily to get a feel for it..

Sent from my SM-N910P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom