Green Beard's PC CLF Hydro SCROG/LST

Green Beard

Hey guys :) Long time lurker, now getting ready to start my first grow.

I have bought a server box to house the grow and am attempting to remove all the useless shelves from inside. When I finish with this ill post pics.

Strain: unknown, but I suspect pure a head high.
Medium: Peat moss + Vermiculite 50/50
Watering: Hand watering + DIY slow gravity dripper
Lighting: CFL
Veg - 2 x 45w 6400k spiral
2 x 24w 2700k spiral
Flower - 4 x 24w 2700k spiral
2 x 15w 6400k spiral
Ventilation: 2 x 120mm PC fans, output with fish-tank, activated charcoal mesh (carbon filter)
Fertilizers: Whatever is available from local hydro shop, preferably not organic, as i've heard it's difficult to flush if problems arise.

1. The plan so far is put up a few reflectors around the top of the box and paint the interior flat white.

2. Hang one socket from roof and two mounted to longest wall. I have several two-way and four-way splitters, which I will use in different combinations for maximum lighting in my restricted space.

3. Attach long thin water reservoir to roof (as there will be dead space) and connect dripper that will run very very slowly. May have to make adjustments to standard dripper. I came up with this idea, as if I am not around for a day, I still want my baby to be moist, but not have a noisy-ass pump, defeating the main purpose for a PC grow. Thoughtfully, gravity is willing to help me out :) Thanks buddy.

4. Introduce single, young clone and begin LST as soon as height is reached to touch the mesh I will install.

I'd be grateful for opinions or advice, as this is my first grow. I'm sure there are some aspects of the grow I haven't covered, so please help me out with some pointers.

Few thoughts: :)

- How high should the mesh be above the top of the pot?
- How often should I water it (when dripper is not running)?
- How often should I water with ferts and what strength to begin with?
- How long should I stick with 18/6 veg? I'm thinking maybe a week or two, but this is uneducated as I haven't seen this strain in a PC situation.

I will post pics very soon

Note: This post is entirely fictional and the author gathering information to study cannabis culture.

Re: Green Beard's PC CLF Hydro ScrOG/LST.

hey 420.

its been a while and iv been busy. The case is complete and ready for the girl.
if you want more info on the build specs i can go into detail but for now pics :thumb:

inside from front, painted flat white for extra reflection.
P1130695.JPG

reflector added at bottom for extra light.
P1130694.JPG

two fans with adjustable power level to maximize both airflow and stealth.
P1130692.JPG

almost completely lightproof from the outside
P1130696.JPG

with lights on.
P11306881.JPG

the medium I'm using vermiculite and peat-mos 50/50
P1130697.JPG

will post pics of the girl asap.

Re: Green Beard's PC CLF Hydro ScrOG/LST.

image from outside didn't work so repost needed :)
P1130696.JPG

DAY 7 pics, a problem and my solution.

hey 420, my here are some updates

Day 7 VEG:
P1280698.JPG
P1280699.JPG

18/6
Blue spectrum - 90w
Red spectrum - 40w

I got my lady as a 2 week old cutting. All I know of her strain is she is an indoor strain from Holland, that may have some low-rider qualities. she is not fairing well in her new home. This is her a few days ago, when she had been in for a week of veg. Think the cause of her yellowing --> brown (dying) larger leaves is under-feeding. I read that the most common problem new growers have is over feeding, so I gave her mostly less that 1/4 strength nutes. Upgraded to full strength now over a couple of days :morenutes: Very ironic.

Has anyone got a different opinion?

My medium is peat and vermiculite, but has a layer of sterilized pebbles at the bottom of the pot to aid in drainage .. The clone came in a rockwool cube.

The ph of our nute solution is around 6.5, which is very much the same as the tap water. The runoff is still basically the same, sometimes dipping as low as 6. Do you think this is an issue?

Your pH at 6.5 is perfect. 6 is a little low but not bad. Since you don't have any nutes in your soil whatsoever, you have to make sure you feed them enough. That's probably nitrogen deficiency. I, personally, would feed them. Just don't overdo it. :goodluck:

Thanks HempRocket, I have moved to full strength nutes and she seems to be perking up. I'll post pics when there has been a more noticeable change. I'm not sure how often to water with full strength, at the moment it every second day, with plain H2O in between.

Day 21, all is well :)

I have seen a massive improvement in my ladies condition! The yellowing of her leaves has stopped, and there is a lot of new growth. It seems like I have finally found a feeding schedule that agrees with my plant, which is half strength every three days.
:cheer:

There is slight drooping on the some lower leaves, so I am going to cut back on watering amount.

P2040704.JPG
P2040706.JPG

Does anyone have any suggestions on when to upgrade to full strength? Also how often to use this solution?

Hi Green Beard

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom