First Time Grower

Hey everyone :theband:
Well, she has entered the sixth week, and I have some questions. (I'll post pics in a few)
I think I can get the proper magnifier soon, but I'm thinking I should begin to flush soon. When flushing, is plain water recommended?

Is there a particular magnifier that I can take pics through?
I'm worried I didn't get rid of the bug issue because of some leaves and how they look however I never see bugs.
My phone is to dead to use the flash, but I'll let it charge and be back with pictures of what's all happening. . . :yummy:

Here are just some random shots, and with a bic as well to give you an idea of how small the flowers are still. I am happy though because they're beautiful :)
The first pic is the main terminal
20150927_084820.jpg
20150927_084838.jpg
20150927_084845.jpg

These next pics are close ups of random flowers, I can't find my magnifier sorry they're not very close shots.

20150927_085506.jpg
20150927_085618.jpg
20150927_085600.jpg
20150927_085640.jpg

Here is a zoom out of the middle of her, lots of trichomes and they have become thicker!
20150927_085019.jpg

And here is the top of her
20150927_090007.jpg

I like how she is looking, still optimistic about the next couple weeks!

20150927_084938.jpg

Now, here are the leaves. There are maybe eight total that have this appearance.
I did spray her down with a molasses water solution about a week or so ago, right before the lights turned off.
Also, after getting in there again to look at the leaves I did see AND KILL two little fungas gnats. I shuck her for a while to see if anymore came off, but nothing. Grrr...
:helpsmilie:
:scratchinghead:
20150927_085336.jpg
20150927_085045.jpg
20150927_085032.jpg

As far as harvesting goes you still have quite a bit of white pistils so im not sure if i would start flushing yet but im sure others with more grows under their belt then me will chime in soon enough lol

Yeah lex, it's too early. She has a good bit of growing left in her. Even though she has a few red/brown pistils, she'd pushing new white ones like mad, and those flowers should still add bulk.

On the fan leaves...you can pinch the ugly spots off, but leave as much good green as possible. Where on the plant are the leaves that have issues? Lower, mid, top, spread all over?

I wouldn't foliar anymore.

Please give me a run down of what you're currently giving her and what you've given her for the last two weeks. Like...

2 tsp molasses/gal water every other watering, typically 1-2 times per week
1 tsp tiger bloom/gal every other watering, typically once per week
foliar with xxxxx once per week.

or what ever you have done. Quantity and frequency, please.

How much water do you give her? Does she get dry cycles at all?

I ask because I see several things going on with those leaves and want to know exactly what she's had for the last two weeks.

Relax, you're not a bad mommy, not in trouble and the plant is fine.

She's looking good steff.

:cheer:

I have been giving her 2 tsp of Tiger Bloom per gallon of water (usually on these days depending) on sunday wed and fri and on Tuesday 1 tbs of molasses per gallon of water. I only give her around a half gallon though, and do not feed her anything, not even water, on The other days, however if she's feeling really light then I do pure water.
The last foliar spray was the second, and last time I read it's not good anymore.
After posting the pics yesterday, I counted the days she's been In flower and it's been roughly 36 days, so it's safe to say she has a bit if time. ..YAY! that means bigger flowers :love: I read grand daddy had a 60 day flowering schedule and that will help a little, I just get confused because I don't know exactly when she began to flower.

You're close enough on days. Frequently there are 2 or 3 (sometimes more) slight differences in plants (allele combinations in a gene) in a strain. Some can be quicker or slower to flower than average. Sometimes you'll see tall stretchers and short compact plants in one batch of seeds. I'd bet that flowering time is actually something like 56-65 days depending on the genes (genotype) of that seed combined with how the plant expresses those genes in a grow environment (phenotype). Consider 60 day a rough average, you have to watch the trichs as she's ripening.

The reason I asked about what exactly she has had is because she sorta looks like she wants more phosphorous in one leaf, and in another one or two looks like the beginnings of needing more potassium. Then in another I saw tips that looked like they might be showing burn. Confusing. Could be a build up of salts, in which case adding more isn't going to help.

When it's confusing, get back to basics.

I looked at FF's feed schedule and they recommend, like you said, a flush of the medium both regularly and if little things occur. I think she's been on the tiger bloom for 4 weeksish? Follow the schedule and rinse it out. Then feed her. She's got a ways to go until finished.

:thumb:

Actually beginning to flush will ripen her and youll be suprised how quickly. If your 2 weeks from the planned harvest day then go ahead n start your flush. If she doesnt look like shell b ready come harvest day just ease of with the flushing. I myself am flushing right now n im having hellava time trying to get my plants to yellow

Herb :yummy:

Side lighting is a gd thing to have if you have enough above them and can afford to run side lighting. Make sure you got enough above though, think of it in nature, The sun is high in the sky. This is just my opinion on it tho
How did it go with the mites?

Look under the leaves and along the veins, definately down the vein in the middle under the leaf. You should see eggs, and also if its spider mites there shud be white specks all over the leaves where they feed. The thought of those things sickens me.

Well usually if you don't have a means to check the trichomes then you would want to watch the pistils for when it stops throwing out white one and when they change color and shrivel. Not as accurate as checking the trichomes but next best thing.

Back
Top Bottom