First Time Grower

The flowers are getting thicker, I squeezed a few and it made me smile! The branch that I mentioned before that had a all brown pistils I ended up snipping off... It took less then 2 days for it to dry completely, it was gross too and there weren't many swelled calyx's at all. The taste was off putting, but I got a little stoned and the smell it put off after heating was yummy! I put the rest of that branch, probably just over a gram, in a ziplock because I have no intentions of smoking it again lol ewe. When ever I make butter I'll just toss it in lol

Made me more happy to be waiting and not chop her down til she is good and ready!!! :)

So, you tasted your first fresh? It's so hard not to, and almost everybody does, it's just not everyone will admit it. I actually quick dry some every grow, mostly because I get impatient and want a taste. I know it won't be a real indicator, but I grew it and if I want a sample well then I'll take it. LOL!

You're very close. Your trichomes look all cloudy. This is when I typically harvest, because I like a zippy, head high. It's often too manic for most, but I like the zip. :laughtwo: As it turns more amber you tone down that rush I'm after. Do you know what type of buzz you're looking for steff?

I am more of a sativa lover, however do enjoy the couch lock remedies at the end of the day as well. I think I am going to chop her down in about two weeks. Right now she's Ben in flower for almost seven weeks.
I read GDP is a 60 flower time, so I figure around that time I should harvest.
There are still a lot of white pistils too, so happy they're filling out :)

If I could lick her, I would! :;):
She's impressing me more each day and it's going to be hard come harvest time. Yes I'll be exited as well, but sad to no longer have something beautiful to look at every day. . besides myself that is lol j/k
The thing I really enjoy now is I look at cannabis differently now. I have more appreciation for her as well. :circle-of-love:

20151004_091233.jpg
20151004_141044.jpg
20151004_141051.jpg
20151004_091438.jpg

Proud of you steff!

And you can lick her. It's OK :blushsmile:

If you're gonna chop in two weeks then go ahead and start cleaning her out. No more FF. Ease off the molasses by half next time, then clean water until harvest.

Happy times are not far off. You could have pretty reasonable smoke in as little as a month, and it will only get better the longer it cures. Someone said earlier it will likely be the best you've ever had.

:goodjob:

You could always harvest in stages meaning take a bit that's mostly cloudy then let it go a bit more and wait for more amber and see which stage you like best and then there is also the choice of doing a reveg lol its all up to you the world is your oyster lol

She's at the end of her 7th week and today I noticed alot of light green on the buds. I'm thinking they're the calyxes and they're swelling more? There is another small branch and the small flower looks dead, barely any trichomes however I'm just leaving it alone this time. Seems all of the leaves on the flowers are thicker even. I have only been giving her water since Wednesday. I'm thinking in like 10 or so days I'll cut her down? I Still see no Amber trichomes, but only using cellphone camera. I haven't been able to find a store that sells loupes

20151010_093735_4_bestshot.jpg
20151010_093644_5_bestshot.jpg
20151010_093620_5_bestshot.jpg
20151009_182608_6_bestshot.jpg
20151010_093448.jpg
20151010_093427.jpg

This last pic is of the seemingly dead flower
20151010_093336.jpg

I would carefully slip a plastic baggie over it and cut it off. Take it outside and give the dead areas a little pinch and pull. If some or all comes right off it's probably bud rot (Botrytis). If you suspect it's rot, don't let it touch any other part of the plant and keep it the f**k out of the house. Also, burn your clothes and everything in your house. OK, kidding, but make sure you're not caring spores back to the plant if it is rot.

Other than that she's looking beautiful. You have done an amazing job steff.

:bravo:

Hey steff, from the pics it looks as though its the pistols dying back which happens near the end, also looks like there are plenty of trichs in those last 2 shots. Smoke it and see :tokin:

Back
Top Bottom