First Time Grower

Looking even better than last time I checked in on your grow. My hat off to you and good to see you chose CFL lights. I grow with them. Keep up the good work and have fun it's getting to that very exciting part of growing this lovely plant. I'm so excited for you.

Every day shes looking prettier and prettier! :) I'm starting to wish I had put more thought into growing her, I didn't think things would go how they have. I am like shiiiiiiiit she looks this sexy with the bare minimal, she must have good DNA lol... I am stoked to get blooming food into her, I haven't had a chance to do shopping for her yet :( I think I will in a few hours, or tomorrow.
So far she is still outside, but I may bring her in today. (I can't wait for the kiddos to go back to school to give me a few more minutes to spend with the lonely girl lol)
Thank you for the positive words!! I honestly think you all have helped me not only keep her alive, but it caused me to keep pushing through and not give up :D <3 <3 <3:green_heart::allgood::woohoo::goof::kisstwo:

I am happy to have found a very close store that sells everything I need. Sorta kicking myself in the butt for not looking sooner, everything I needed up to this point is not only sold there but priced well!

Anyway, they sell Fox Farms and I am thinking of buying the Tiger Bloom. Yay or nay?
I was thinking either that or The Guano Co. - Budswel Liquid which says it is "...for fruiting and flowering plants. Easy to use! Just mix with water and broadcast lightly around roses, or in flower beds. Contains earthworm castings, bat and seabird guano."

:love: :circle-of-love: :love:

That is a personal choice thing. I've used neither. Either will give her a kick in the rear.

This is one of those things where you have to grow enough, and be able to try enough different products in controlled settings to be able to tell the differences and find what you like. Tiger Bloom is pretty hot stuff, if you go that route, use it carefully.

FWIW, of the two I would choose the Budswel.

And I will add that Earth Juice is a very popular brand and has undeniable results. Most people say the flavor can't be beat and the yields are only beat by Advanced Nutrients. We'll see. I have just recently bought the entire 'originals' line up as well as most of their add on stuff. I'm finishing a few plants with some right now and will be feeding all my container plants EJ next year. In ground plants is another story :;):

Here is an informative write up/test:

A top nutrient study: Which is the best? Produces most?

Also, google search '3LB Earth Juice' and get ready to read.

Not trying to steer you one way or another. Just trying to overload you with info so you can make a confus...I mean informed decision, lol.

i bought a lot of expensive nutes when i first started growing. i figured they had to work better, because they cost more. i discovered the lucas formula about six months ago and i could not be happier. i still have a few expensive nutes left over that i still use, but all i really need are the two basic nutes for flower. i use the general hydroponic maxibloom and koolbloom. both in powder. why pay for someone elses water?

i believe what truly decides flower size is genetics.

I'm sure glad you have these guys that know nutrients. I'm totally lost there. Grow in living organic soil myself. No measuring and no deficiencies. I admire the ability to work with the bottles, just have no desire (says the woman using Doc's Kit - yeah, the irony isn't lost on me :straightface: ) You're apparently in good hands.

Reps + on the showing of the beginnings of bloom steff. Now the fun really starts. :slide:

I'm realizing that I have no idea what to buy that would give her the extra, P . Goodness I know I suck :(

your asking the perfect questions, in the perfect place for answers.

i add 1/8 teaspoon grotek monster bloom per gallon. this stuff is no joke and it needs to be used sparingly. its npk range is 0-50-30 (holy nute burn batman)!

I start using this at week two of flower.

Don't get down. You don't suck. You are in totally new territory, and succeeding.

If the shop is that close, run over there and make notes of what they have, then you can research those products if you like.

Since you are going into flower and the plant could benefit from immediate nutrient availability, for a fast shot of natural P I would go with a bloom guano. Your choice liquid or solid, top dress or tea.
In your post #4 you said you mixed in lime. Looks like that is the only source of calcium. You can go two ways with boosting that, bottle supplement or Gypsum. Calcium works with other nutrients and is vital to nutrient availability.

Before you start your next grow, consider boning up on building a soil so that you can keep bottle supplements to a minimum. ;) Unless you want the bottles :cheesygrinsmiley:

I started in hydroponics so I still have a hard time giving up my bottle. :rofl:

EDIT: Advanced Nutrients the brand.

I see most people are still advising to maximize the P over the K. That is great for tomatoes but pot likes it the other way around. There is already higher P than K in most bloom nutes so adding bud boosters that up the P even higher can lead to an excess of P. From the Grow Bible; "P toxicity is difficult to diagnose and slows the absorption of Mg, Mn(manganese), and sometimes zinc and iron. When these nutrients are deficient P is often toxic."

That's why AN makes Big Bud that has it's NPK at 1-17-38. I've been using it for years and it rocks the buds. I prime my plants with some bloom nutes and 1/4 dose of BB a few days to a week before flipping and the buds are really going a week after the flip.

There's a lot more in BB than just NPK so you should check out the product on their website. Pick World Wide if you have to choose when getting there. I get the powdered version of BB. Dissolves about the same as epsom salts in cool water. Never add it to a cup of water and nuke it to heat the water. If you must use a microwave then just heat the water to much less than boiling then stir in the BB. I use a 4L milk jug to mix my nutes in and just put in the BB with 1L of water and shake the hell out of it. Takes all of 30 sec or so then I fill the jug up.

L8r

Yes I have been giving her molasses, now about one a week though because I got scared I was using to much.

once a week is fine. that's how often I use it. I put about a tsp per gallon.

I literally just realized what topping is and why it's useful. So, at the beginning when I thought i was seeing pistils emerging I was looking at the main stalk. I thought that all pistils only started on the main stalk, I guess would be the terminal stalk. Right? Anyway.. lol, I am learning every day! Well, the "branch" that grows between the fan leaves and the terminal stem is where I am getting pistils and between every node on those branches now. All this time I have still been staring at the terminal stem wondering why the heck pistils aren't growing yet. ...That's when the light bulb started to flicker, and after looking closely I figured out what topping does.
There is no way I can stop after this one is done growing! I am eager to start my next seed!
:cheesygrinsmiley::laughtwo::tokin::rofl::green_heart::allgood::laugh::idea::woohoo:

I literally just realized what topping is and why it's useful. So, at the beginning when I thought i was seeing pistils emerging I was looking at the main stalk. I thought that all pistils only started on the main stalk, I guess would be the terminal stalk. Right? Anyway.. lol, I am learning every day! Well, the "branch" that grows between the fan leaves and the terminal stem is where I am getting pistils and between every node on those branches now. All this time I have still been staring at the terminal stem wondering why the heck pistils aren't growing yet. ...That's when the light bulb started to flicker, and after looking closely I figured out what topping does.
There is no way I can stop after this one is done growing! I am eager to start my next seed!
:cheesygrinsmiley::laughtwo::tokin::rofl::green_heart::allgood::laugh::idea::woohoo:

LOL, I remember my 1st one last year, didn't have a clue what topping n fimming was & when I did I was to scared to try in case I killed it. I'm a little braver now I've done a few :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom