First time growing

paddy420

Hello everyone! Well after smoking the good stuff for the last six years I no longer can afford $50-$60 bucks a week on 1/8th's and I decided I would give growing a try. I made a 4'x6'x7' box and used my old boat door that works better now than ever. I closed up my front window and have 6" ducting that comes in from outside. The exhaust goes into the attic. I have a 4" hole outside the box that brings in air for the light and back out the exhaust. I have a 6" fan I got off a friend for $90, he's not using his light so he is letting me use it, its 1000 watts mh/hps. He is helping me through all of this. I picked up the clones feb. 28 and had them under floresents for a few days. We then transferred them into foxfarm ocean soil and had them under the 1000w. This is going to be a fox farm grow I picked up the three pack the other day. I have some Banana kush, cheese, cherry AK-47, sour diesel that did not look the best when I got the clones but they might come out of it. I am running them 24/7 and then will cut down to 12/12.So far I think I only have about $400 invested:cheer:.

OD36WX85B7.jpg

Intake from window
ZHRIKQ7MKM.jpg

Intake into box and intake for light
C7UT8BGQVG.jpg

light
YVOGL9W41G.jpg

exhaust
Y58DST5CS8.jpg

box 4x6x7 with boat door
3DPFSWOAO2.jpg

the girls
N49EW1VCO3.jpg

exit into attic, I built a box to help muffle noise and so my girl would not notice and freak out that I cut a whole in her brothers house:smokin:

The girls are coming along very nice. We topped and pinched them last night and also fed some fox farms grow big and a little thrive alive. I will have some pics soon.

Its been a week since your last pic update. I would like to see how they are coming!

I myself am doing my first grow and just begun my journal. I am about a week behind you. Got my clones 4 days ago (2 purple kush, 2 Bubba Kush, 2 Blue Cheese, 1 Purps, and 1 Hindu Sknunk). I am curious to see how OUR cheeses' come out.

- DankMe :headbanger:

I am posting as soon as I get my camera back. I am going to check out your journal, hope the cheese is da bomb!

Well things were going good till yesterday when I thought it would be ok to skip the morning water and feed the girls when I got home after work. Big mistake one of my banana plants was completely bent droopy and another two were close to as bad but seemed to do a lot better this morning. Here are some pics of the plants as of this morning. Last sunday I switched them to 20hrs on and 4 hrs off, so now they get a little sleep. Some plants look like they got a little nute burn and others seemed to like the grow big. there is also one plant sour diesel + ak47 than was not doing well when I first got the clone and does not seem to be snapping out of it. We are going to transplant thursday into 3 gal containers. Let me know anything good and bad please.

rsz_rsz_1trucks_049.jpg

the one that took it hard
11161.jpg

14102.jpg

9116.jpg

1577.jpg

8147.jpg

see the runt in the upper left, was a crappy clone to start with.

As see the grow is doing well. I have a few questions. I myself am in the process of my first grow (in sig) and I too have started with clones. Any suggestions? 2 of my ladies (purple kush) are a bit droopy.

No idea as this is my first attemt at growing smoke. I am super clueless, thats why I came here to get some help when needed. Good luck your grow looks like its going well.

Well it has been three weeks of veg so far and the girls are doing well. I transplanted into three gallon containers with a 75% ffof and 25% perlite mix. I will let them veg maybe another five days or so maybe a week then cut them to 12/12. I did see one nat last night and one this morning. What is the best way to control them before they go crazy?
420_0052.JPG

420_0091.JPG

420_010.JPG

420_0111.JPG

420_0062.JPG

420_0071.JPG

420_008.JPG

I would use a Neem Oil spray. In a 32 oz spray bottle add 2 ozs Liquid Neem Oil with 2 drops of liquid soap detergent. The soap helps to disapate the Neem Oil and not be clumpy. Take out of the room and spray total plant, let sit for 15 minutes than spray entire plant off in clean clear water.

I would use a Neem Oil spray. In a 32 oz spray bottle add 2 ozs Liquid Neem Oil with 2 drops of liquid soap detergent. The soap helps to disapate the Neem Oil and not be clumpy. Take out of the room and spray total plant, let sit for 15 minutes than spray entire plant off in clean clear water.

Thanks! How often should I do this?

If you're having problems with gnats you could always buy some fly traps that hang from the ceiling. They are cheap and it cuts out on spraying any chemicals on your plants. And you also have to becareful about mold when you spray your plants. So I have been told.

They'll do much better now that you've transplanted. It looked as if they had outgrown those cups and were getting a little root bound and stressed.

In addition to Cherma's suggestion, Here's a good thread on gnat control..

What Biological Controls are Available for Fungus Gnats?

:peace:

Harry

Thanks for the help guys. I bought a bottle of neem oil yesterday mixed with a drop or two of soap and gave the girls a nice spray. Did not see anything this morning :thanks:. My friend wants to move them on a 12/12 cycle in the next few days. I will post some new pics up later.

I just switched to 12/12 today!! I watered all the plants last night and this morning at 9am the lights went off. Put the hps bulb in and moved three plants- sour diesel, cheese, ak-47 back under florecent. They are all looking great, I will post some pics as soon as possible. My girlfriends mom is comming in today from AZ and is staying at our house for a few days. I won't be able to spend as much time with the ladies as I would like with her there :( I went to the hydro store and ordered a voltage regulator for my fan. Dam fan is too loud.

Paddy - So im assuming she has no idea about ur grow. ahhaa

Heck no. But I have no idea what to tell her. She was hoping to stay in that room while she was here. I have been thinking of telling her it was a sex room. I know it sounds stupid but I don't know what else to tell her. Who would want to see where there daughter gets banged right? That was also the other reason to kill the lights today. I have it on at 9pm and off at 9am so the fan will not be noticable when she walks through the hull.

shes right by me and I can;t get to the room the door makes a loud noise when it opens. And the timer is not working correctly in the room, I think it went off at 9 and on at 4 or could have been 12-4. I got my X mas light timer to use now. The timer I got was my buddies and had no instrutions. I cant put the xmas timer in till she goes some where. She wants to know what is in the room too.

that was so hard I need to blaze :bong:

Maybe when your not paying attention she is gonna go walk in there too look.. that would suck lol

She tried already. Luckly the door is locked. She already knows something is up.
Short story- the house was origanally hers and her husbands, he died six years ago and she moved to AZ. Her son then bought it for a steal of a deal and could not afford the intrest payments when they got jacked up in 07'. Jan of 08' I rent the whole house now.
What has been driving me crazy is we usally have no visitors and within the last three weeks we have had her two cousins from AZ, then last week her brother was in town and wanted to stay but he got the hint we did not want him to stay and is acting all butt hert now. And now her Mom dam I am going crazy not being with my girls.
And the stupid timer was not working well. I switched it this morning. Better go on.

Ok sorry for not much in updates as of lat. I still have my girlfriends mom at my place so I can only pop in the room every so often. Its now day 4 of 12/12 and the plants are looking great. I fed with grow big and they seem to like it. Here are some pics, the camera does not show all the new groth too well.
bass_014.JPG

bass_015.JPG

bass_011.JPG

bass_012.JPG

bass_011.JPG

Back
Top Bottom