First time low budget

Re: first time low budget..

you can top and fim them, that'll somewhat slowdown vertical growth, you can also try a little LST, help them bush out as opposed to trying to escape through your ceiling lol! looking GREAt tho man, nice clones!

lol im thinking i might have a height problem soon the way mine are growing too, had to delay the purchase or the HPS light and im afraid that theyre gonna bust thru the ceiling before i get a chance to buy it

-RC

thanks for the suggestions guys,,

pan4- could i just go without nutes in veg?,,lights are within 2 inches of plants,,currently 208 watts,, 6500k, about 16,000 lumens,,

but now that using bigger pots, i need to get more lights,, the way i set up my lights for the last vegging i used smaller pots, now i am using bigger ones, hoping only need to transplant once,(rather than 3 my last time) but with the bigger pots, my lights are now not spread out enough when i keep them close and the edges of the garden are lacking,,need more and re-do light setup.

pericodaking- I think i will top them,, just not sure when i should? FIM, i am pretty sure i could not do it,,just not experienced enough yet, :cheesygrinsmiley: and as for tying them down, well i am back to work now, and i work 16 hour days,, 6 days a week for sure, if not 7,, I just don't think i could find the time and energy too properly lst,, i know that if i don't got the time for my plants i should not be growing,, but i really don't wanna have to buy my weed anymore,, although after now have tried growing, i really don't quite bitch about the stuff i bought so much anymore, it is harder than i thought,, :cheesygrinsmiley: and alot more time consuming, stressfull, and risky, freaking paranoia episodes,, lol,, they come and go,,

rc51sport- well i hope your prepared and have the room or technique to deal with the stretch, :) i was not,, and now i am pretty sure my plant is paying the price,, when you throw that hps on them they are gonna take off, especially if sativa dominate,, how many watt are you getting,,

this 400 i got puts off heat even with the air cooled glass sealed hood,, although i must admit, my light was cheap and it shows,, the hood is not even close to being air tight, you can hear a hum as air is pulled through all the cracks and gaps in the construction, i could seal it better myself, but just havent got around to it,, :grinjoint: the phillips bulb does not seem as bright as other 400w's i have seen too, i don't know, i gues you get what you pay for, lol ,but after seeing some threads on here flowering with 2700k cfls,, i wonder if i should of even bothered with the hps, i just need better exhaust fan i guess, my temps are all over the place,,

i need to keep closer eye on when my flowering girl needs water,, 2 nights ago i checked on her at light on,, and the pot felt pretty light, but i figured it would be good for another day,, well when got home last night, she was in horrible looking shape,, just hanging straight down pretty much,, i urgently watered her,, checked on her tonight,, and well she is better, but many lower fans leaves died and were removed very easily,, and many more are yellowing bad,, where as when she was all sagging the night before she was still very green,??? one night after watering she just went yellow???

what happened??

my clones are getting to big to fast,, very different growing from clones than seeds,, they just don't seem as strong,but i think i did finally figure out i need more lights or at least spread out more, maybe they are stretching to much,, but they are growing, growing too fast, going to get to big again,, :( ,, really don't wanna chop that flowering girl early, by the way things are looking she gonna need harvest and out of cab on like day 30 of flowering or so if i wanna grow six plants in there,,see what happens i guess,,

well anyway enough blabbing on and on,, on to some pics,

day 20,,,12/12
rsz_picture_085.jpg

here some bud shots, do these look like normal 20 day old buds?? they seem so hairy,,with long hairs on them,just seems like weird development to me, but i have only ever seen end product :cheesygrinsmiley: so i really would not have a clue on what they should look like??sorry about pic quality, i only know how to use camera on automatic,,;) and it just keeps adjusting to light, so every pic looks different, and can't get good close up shots, lol,, i know there is a manual around here some where....
rsz_picture_084.jpg

rsz_picture_0861.jpg

rsz_picture_087.jpg

here's the clones,,day 21 since cut the big one in the middle is like about 6-7 inches or so,,
rsz_picture_0901.jpg

rsz_1picture_091.jpg

one of them has a shoot growing out from under the soil?? must of been a node i burried.. should i cut it off? or just leave it?
rsz_picture_088.jpg

rsz_picture_0891.jpg

wow i did get quite the blithering blab on tonight..
:rollit:

estranged you have to feed your plants even in veg or they will get sick from no nutes. I am sorry about the plant that you underwatered everything that has happened I done before and you do lose a lot of your lower leaves.;)
Anyway the rest of your plants look very good.:cool:
Don't worry you'll get the hang of this yet keep up the good work.:cheer:

Pan4

Dude, you're doing great, I know exactly what you mean about not having the time to garden, i'm a senior (graduated today) work full time and and a full time dad as well, time is something i have very little of, but that's why i usually dedicate 15 mins here and there to mini gardening sessions, that might help you out a bit. BTW your buds look great so far, the hairs are nice and long, i was getting that way about mine as well but then i read a few more journals and watched the progress. they'll fatten up!!

just a few update pics,,sorry pics kinda dark, had to sneak a few while she was sleeping,, will get better ones next time,,

day 30 12/12 - i hope she turns out ok, hoping done at end of june, around 60 days, but likely gonna take longer,, :(

the other day i was inspecting the buds and well, crap, crap, crap. found one bud that had a seed growing,, so just pulled the seed out,, it popped in my fingers and bunch of white stuff squished out,,anyways hopefully wont be too many more of them,, did not notice anymore today,,, fingers crossed on this stressed out girl,, almost killed her 3 times now, by thinking i could go 1 more day before watering,, im not making that mistake ANYMORE! she has lost likely 30 fan leaves because of it,, if i think she needs water, she's getting water from now on,,,,

rsz_picture_0991.jpg

rsz_picture_095.jpg

rsz_picture_0941.jpg

rsz_picture_0921.jpg

rsz_picture_0971.jpg

heres the main cola tied over,,
rsz_picture_098.jpg

here are the clones,, 31 days,, too big already for me to grow in cabinet,, so just gonna take clones again soon, and either find couple places outside for them, or just give them away,, they did'nt stay as uniform in size as i would like them,, but my light setup needs adjusting so maybe that contributed,,
rsz_picture_0931.jpg

rsz_picture_096.jpg

Woooow estranged.. I jus read ur journal from start to current....
Phenominal grow..

Dude you really persevered. U had a buncha boys, a hermie, ph issues, nute prollems, heat issues, and space issues and ur bud looks efffin fantastic. Not to mention its ur first grow. I woulda gave up probably, cause I woulda started feeling like I couldn't do sh!t right.. but not u, u really stuck it out w/ur plants and grow..

Seriously kudos to u..
And guess what I haven't given anyone on this site reps yet (cause I kinda didn't kno u had to press a button for it lol, I thought it was jus something ppl say)

But yyea you get some very well deserved rep from me for sure.

I will def subsrcibe to any more grows you have..

Ur the maaan

+reppp

hey thanks everybody for the kind words, and all the excellent advice along the way, i can not show enough gratitude for this forum and the great people on it,, :thanks:

just throwing up a few more pics,,
still not good quality,, need better camera,,

can't tell in pics, but they are really starting to put on the crystals now in the last week or so, i was getting worried,,and amazingly they don't stink yet, only if you rustle them around and get right in there, then they smell like a sweet lemon scent,,

man i can't wait till they are ready,, but without scope im gonna have troubles telling when to harvest,, but im sure i got another 25 - 30 days yet, so got time to get one i think,,

how much dry harvest do you guys think i can expect?,,i am actually gonna guess 4 ounces, i only expected like 1 maybe, but she is really beefing up the last couple weeks,,:), but i would be happy with 1 on my first grow anyways,

what do you guys do for cure? i kinda only want to cure for 2 -3 weeks max, well some of it anyways, i am wanting, no wait, NEEDING to smoke this plant,,lol,,

took these last night,,
rsz_picture_1151.jpg

rsz_picture_1121.jpg

rsz_picture_103.jpg

just went and snapped a few after lights off,, threw a bic lighter in there for some perspective,
rsz_picture_123.jpg

rsz_picture_119.jpg

rsz_picture_116.jpg

rsz_picture_120.jpg

the clones,, rootbound like crazy by now im sure,,average 18"
gotta take new clones soon, for next grow as these are too big,,unless i just decide to flower only one again,,
rsz_picture_1141.jpg

hey thanks HazeSeeker +rep,,never even heard of water cure,,
will most definitely check it out,, always a constant flow of new info for me, here on 420 mag,, ;)

Water curing is a beautiful way to cure your buds if its done right .
You'll lose on yld . and taste and smell to ..... but gain on potency !
Try it with few lil buds ...
You need to water cure them for 7 days and change water every day ...then you dry them and violalala!!!
Once again great plant man.

Here's some info ...
Chop down the plants as normal, and manicure them like normal. But dont dry them. (ive heard you could dry and cure normally and then do the water cure but to me it seems like a waste of time)
2. Lay the manicured buds in the bottom of a cooler and slowly pour water into the cooler, trying not to move around the buds too much. If the buds float, put a plate or something over them so that they stay COMPLETELY submerged. (if they arent completely submerged, it is pretty much a molds dream vacation)
3. Change the water every day for 7 days, and on the seventh (or eighth if you want... just be sure that they dont make it past take them out and hang them up to dry with a fan blowing on them (food dehydrators work well too... or in the over on the lowest temperature) and it shouldnt take more than a few hours to dry. After its dried, its ready to be smoked or stored. Doing this will cut down on the amount of final product because of all the contaminates it removes. It will also kill bag appeal, so i wouldnt recommend doing this for a commercial grow since it pretty much turns the weed brown. But it does increase the concentration of THC (does NOT make more THC) but since THC isnt water-soluable, the contaminates get removed, but all the THC stays. Although it seems hard to believe (to me it was at first...) ive never seen any mold come up from doing this method (and ive even got my friends into doing it with theirs... no mold on theirs either). I would still recommend doing it on only a small part of your harvest at first tho, so that way if something goes wrong then it will only be a little bud lost instead of a whole crop

very happy for you with the clones bro, I just took a clone from my bubblegum mom and it's holding up so far, reps to you for that monster plant btw, those buds are starting to swell like a MF!

thanks for that information hazeseeker,,but ya i am a little cautious about trying that method,,lol,, but like you advised, i might just try it with a little bit of the lower buds or something,, but it does make sense that it would get rid of alot of the water soluble cholorphylls and other useless stuff,,

hey pericodaking,, thanks for checking in,, ya the clones did great,, grew way faster than from seed,, but they are much to big now,, and im sure a crazy rootbound,, they have started stretching,, which im sure is due to being rootbound, but i don't wanna waste soil transplanting plants i have no room to flower,,

its crazy, we had frost here like 3 days ago, man almost second week of june and still frost??,, just waiting for the weather to get normal here,, then going too take clones from the clones and then plant them outside somewhere hopefully,, finding a good spot outdoors, is much more of a challenge then i originally had thought,,
:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom