First timer, random bag seed now in flower, nutes?

NuggetJuggler

My first grow because a mate of mine gave me two random seeds. So thought I'd give it a crack in my backyard. One was male but now the other little beauty is starting to flower (in Queensland Australia). Thanks to advice on forums like this I have topped, super-cropped and given nute assistance and happy to say with the slight change in season coming good. Now into flower have switched from high N nutes and am using Powerfeed All-In-One Hydroponics Fertiliser even tho in soil/perlite/coir mix (NPK 9:winkyface:13) along with Searle's Potash (NPK 0:angel:4) and some Mag supp (Epson Salts). Do I need to add more phosphorus supp? Or should I just continue as is?

Also any idea on strain just by looking at it? Would it be weighted towards sativa based on skinny leaves?

angle.jpg

close again.jpg

close.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1580.jpg

other.jpg

I like that cage built with the concrete reinforcing rod. Good job on that.

Plus with the color (looks like you painted the rod after welding) it will blend in better against the fence and not become distracting.
Thanks SmokingWings, the cage along with some chicken wire was set up originally because my cat liked to take a leak in the pot, luckily that one turned out to be the male plant and it suffered somewhat before it revealed its sex and I discarded it, but I immediately got to setting up a barrier for this one. Now because my cat can’t get into the pot she leaves it alone. Still a bit concerned but it’s my wife’s cat so have
BA50CCA2-6718-4F10-B5DE-23A04F5EBB42.jpeg
to keep it, you know the saying about happy wife, happy life ;)

But the cage is proving useful to train the plant and expose the lower bud sites to more sun by spreading out the main 8 colas. I just got this cage from the local nursery sold as training frames for tomato plants.

F837FD50-4867-4322-AE15-667D61010A5E.jpeg

8CD042B1-AED1-41A1-AD16-F43183587BD6.jpeg

Welcome NuggetJuggler, good job, she's looking in fine health! The feed program you're using seems to be working so I wouldn't change it. I flowered one last year outdoors with 5-3-4 npk no problem. Keep looking at how she looks.
Thanks for the advice StoneOtter. Yes I’m reading now that less can be more, so will try to stick to the ol premise ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’ and the KISS principle

@NuggetJuggler Lookin' good mate! Definitely sativa-leaning plant. I would say keep doing what you're doing with the nutes and watering. Would be nice to see bud photos when they come.
Hey mate, thank you. I’m enjoying my first grow and learning heaps, now about 5-6 weeks into flower. Buds are still a bit skinny but are starting to fatten. I’ll post another photos once she’s getting close to harvest. By the looks of the white pistils she’s still probably got at least a month to go

Looking very healthy! Leaves indicating very sativa dominant. In a big pot, that plant could be a tree! I grew a sativa that was reaching the top of my greenhouse around 10 ft., and I pruned it back like 3 times... would have reached 14 or 15 ft. I'm sure.

Have you added a calcium supplement to the soil or nutrient mixture? Cannabis has nutrient requirements similar to large tomato varieties and requires additional calcium and magnesium.

Now into flower have switched from high N nutes and am using Powerfeed All-In-One Hydroponics Fertiliser even tho in soil/perlite/coir mix (NPK 9:winkyface:13) along with Searle's Potash (NPK 0:angel:4) and some Mag supp (Epson Salts). Do I need to add more phosphorus supp? Or should I just continue as is?

Seems to be working out just fine.

Have you added a calcium supplement to the soil or nutrient mixture? Cannabis has nutrient requirements similar to large tomato varieties and requires additional calcium and magnesium.

Thanks KingJohnC. Yes the Powerfeed product says it already has added calcium. On the bottle it says:
  • All plant nutrients in one easy application. No need to add Part A and Part B.
  • One part fertiliser boosted with calcium for better growth and stronger plant cell walls.
  • Helps boost healthy, vigorous growth and stimulates flowering and fruiting.
  • Helps stimulate the root system and reduces stress from heat, drought, frost, pests & diseases.
  • PH optimized and buffered, so no need to add acids/alkali.
  • Suitable for cultivating crops in locations where space and time are limited.
Typical Analysis:
W/V: Nitrogen (N) 9.0%. Phosphorus (P) 2.2%. Potassium (K) 13.3%

The leaves indicate the cannabis is from a very sativa variety with their long slender fan leaves. There are over 200 + verified strains and over 400 + invalid strains which only qualify as varieties. Usually sativa strains require long 120+ - 140 + day flowering times and can produce large harvests.

The plants leaves appear healthy and the plant is budding well.

I am not familiar with the fertilizer brand, it seem that you have added the Potassium elements to allow this nutrient formula to supply the plants Potassium requirements.

N - P - K is Nitrogen - Phosphorous - Potassium

The PowerFeed PRO SERIES Plant Food All in One Hydroponic NPK 9:winkyface:13 Nitrogen (N) 9.0%. Phosphorus (P) 2.2%. Potassium (K) 13.3%

Searles Liquid Potash is NPK: 0: 4: 20

NPK 9:winkyface:13 + NPK: 0: 4: 20

An additional P or phosphorous source is required for flowering.

The plants leaves should be monitored for abnormal discoloration indicating nutrient deficiencies and corrected. If you encounter issues provide close up photographs of leaves in question for diagnosis and correction.

You need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

N - P - K is Nitrogen - Phosphorous - Potassium

The PowerFeed PRO SERIES Plant Food All in One Hydroponic NPK 9:winkyface:13 Nitrogen (N) 9.0%. Phosphorus (P) 2.2%. Potassium (K) 13.3%

Searles Liquid Potash is NPK: 0: 4: 20

NPK 9:winkyface:13 + NPK: 0: 4: 20
Yes I got the potash PK the wrong way around in my OP. That's what I was thinking that a bit more P may be required. I have noticed yellowing of about 4 bottom fan leaves under the canopy just this last few days. I plucked and chucked them as I'm thought they are a bit useless turning yellow like that. But this could be first sign of some deficiency. If any more turn yellow I'll take a photo and post.

Most likely phosphorous deficiency.

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

full

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Thanks mate. Here you can see the whole plant with a fan leaf yellowing under the canopy. Then two more photos zooming in. I did read that some yellowing of older bottom fan leaves is normal as you enter the second half of flowing stage. Given the rest of the plant seems fine, I am reluctant to change anything. But interested in feedback.
09191FFD-538B-4ADA-AFED-2C99330FC4C3.jpeg
E00B04D5-3102-45B5-AB47-7C013BB81AD8.jpeg
E2A28689-24F8-4975-A630-81ADD99FA806.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom