Flushing Duration RDWC

Ya I decided to sell both my rdwc setups actually and I now have the. Bucket company setup in which I'm actually still in the process of building however the rest of my parts should be here today so I should get it done in the next cpl days and it's gna be soooo great to keep my growth speeds the same or even better now...And I don't have 40-150gal of water 247 in each system I now have a 12gal and 30gal res that's it ... And it fluctuates actually so not all the time and I still have a recirculating setup it will be a hybrid setup esp when I get the lids in a few months is what I really want it will be like a lpa setup but no misters and watering from the top so a rainfall type setup with 4in net pots and very lil media and it's gna be lovely and clean up will be cake unlike w rdwc that's a huge chore scrubbing and cleaning everything is the issue..sooo glad those days are done lol
IMG_20200802_071601.jpg
IMG_20200729_184438.jpg
IMG_20200627_163819.jpg

yea, i learned about clean up for the first time. everything is disassembled and disinfected, waiting for winter. I have an outside grow and took the summer off. I'm going to change the light cycle to a lights on during the night and off during the day. worked my ac unit to death last winter. i like your set up but im running with ebb and flo for a few more times. lol

yea, i learned about clean up for the first time. everything is disassembled and disinfected, waiting for winter. I have an outside grow and took the summer off. I'm going to change the light cycle to a lights on during the night and off during the day. worked my ac unit to death last winter. i like your set up but im running with ebb and flo for a few more times. lol
That helps a lot. I used to run at night, but I got solar panels, so I have to have the lights on during the day. I grow in Southern California in a shed... it gets hot. My room went over 100F on my last season about a month ago. Over 90 many times. If it were easy anyone could do it, right?

That helps a lot. I used to run at night, but I got solar panels, so I have to have the lights on during the day. I grow in Southern California in a shed... it gets hot. My room went over 100F on my last season about a month ago. Over 90 many times. If it were easy anyone could do it, right?
ITS NOT FUNNY BEANTOWN!! Haha

thats what ive been told. lol, had the best grow ever but I was a newbie and struggling trying to grow out of a tent in the winter in oklahoma, couldn't control anything, temp,RH, PH, neut burned a few times. 3 unsuccessful grows with auto flower, never again lol, so i shut it down and rebuilt my shed and now im GOD lol. I can control the lights, ( not blurples), the RH with a huge dehumidifier, PH with a Blue labs controller, control the heat with a hotel type ac unit, clean my res every week and walaaa, i was growing the best crop I've ever grown.
tents and blurples and winter didn't do well. now i spent a lot of $$$ but well worth it. my outside grow is water and forget it, just now started supplementing nuet at the end and they are doing excellent. I'll post a few pics sometime. Master Yoda is the strain

thats what ive been told. lol, had the best grow ever but I was a newbie and struggling trying to grow out of a tent in the winter in oklahoma, couldn't control anything, temp,RH, PH, neut burned a few times. 3 unsuccessful grows with auto flower, never again lol, so i shut it down and rebuilt my shed and now im GOD lol. I can control the lights, ( not blurples), the RH with a huge dehumidifier, PH with a Blue labs controller, control the heat with a hotel type ac unit, clean my res every week and walaaa, i was growing the best crop I've ever grown.
tents and blurples and winter didn't do well. now i spent a lot of $$$ but well worth it. my outside grow is water and forget it, just now started supplementing nuet at the end and they are doing excellent. I'll post a few pics sometime. Master Yoda is the strain
Sounds like you have it all ironed out. Sometimes it isn't 1 huge problem that ties us to the tracks, but a bunch of little ones. Together, they can make it very hard to be successful. If we can mediate some of these little issues we're better off. Even with my crazy heat issues I harvested a little more than 3 pounds from 5 plants. One of them was 26oz.

4 plants in hydto. The last 2 pics were from a soil plant which was harvested before the others

Have you seen the octopots before or autopots might be something you would be interested in... Also in your loft if your worried about water leaking with a rdwc setup your best bet would be one of the options I mentioned above or even better yet would be aeroponics specifically high pressure aeroponics it uses 10% water of what a rdwc setup does period..It uses a high pressure pump and aero sprayers for ur system which it's something I'm highly considering over my perpetual rdwc setup I currently have actually....
As it would be nice to use like 10gal a week in full bloom vs 55gal big difference In nutes and water....
I also only run dry powdered nutrients now no more liquid trash def not paying for 98% water if not more in liquid bottles period... Plus its like 90% cheaper too...Jacks professional is a great company for nutes which it is a 3part..Which is the way to grow cannabis ESP with all the different strains and phenos wanting diff things and when you can give the plant exactly what it needs no problem...
Tbh I refuse to use calmag as well..Now don't get me wrong I use calcium and mag but only when the plant needs one or the other it is quite rare for the plant to be deficient in both cal and mag at the same time esp when the plants are getting their base nutes on top of it...So jacks hydro is the part a ..5-12-26 and then calcium nitrate aka part b 15-0-0 and mgso4 aka epsom salt aka magnesium sulfate ...The ratio for each is 3-2-1 so say 3.6grams per gal of part a 2.4g of calnit part b and 1.2g mgso4...
And of course they can be tweaked when needed and a pc program called hydro buddy for that stuff is perfect for it you can dial in your notes very precise...
And silica is like a must have for hydro esp if you train your plants and use a scrog net if not the branches will snap clean off and will only harm your plant and yield....I even use dry pH powders too now just my days of buying liquids are long gone lol
Check out my journal if u want to see more of my grows and if u have any questions I'm happy to help
IMG_20190715_101158.jpg
IMG_20190813_000053.jpg

Hi I am new to rdwc Im about to start a grow in a current culture system I can see that you are covering your container and drain pipe and in other picture you did not can you exaplain why you need to cover it or not

Hi I am new to rdwc Im about to start a grow in a current culture system I can see that you are covering your container and drain pipe and in other picture you did not can you exaplain why you need to cover it or not
Are you talking about the mylar bubble wrap stuff... It's for insulation and I had it on both systems just used something diff for the 8x4 but I liked the mylar bubble wrap stuff better.. And it does great for the buckets themselves... I believe I sent u a pm too

I am in RDWC and used to flush for one week in pH’d water only and generally that would use up everything that was in the leaves just in time for chop. However, after some discussion and research I stopped flushing this last run and won’t return. I’ve been clearly losing a week of nutes / growth for over a decade. They did much better with the extra week. Hope that helps!

I am in RDWC and used to flush for one week in pH’d water only and generally that would use up everything that was in the leaves just in time for chop. However, after some discussion and research I stopped flushing this last run and won’t return. I’ve been clearly losing a week of nutes / growth for over a decade. They did much better with the extra week. Hope that helps!
Yup all flushing does is loose you yield and quality as no other plant is flushed prior to harvest.. And it's a one way street w the nutes period...

Hmm, sounds lie quite a challenge - trying to determine the taste of a substance that you've lit on fire and then inhaled, when one of the primary characteristics of that substance is that it distorts your senses. And this is with the goal of being effective across multiple segments of the population with no control over the tasting environment, with varying degrees of health, with varying ages groups, male vs female, and removing all of the differences of food and beverage consumption, etc., etc.

If you want to flush, go for it but, for me, I'm hard pressed to accept that it could be of any demonstrable value. The entire goal of using cannabis is to distort the senses so it would seem very difficult to justify techniques that rely on the acuity of those senses. In the UK, that's called pissing up a rope.

How many days plain water would it take to change a plants color lighter. In hydro dwc.
Can flushing give me a more pale color to the buds and how long does that take?

I don't recommend flushing at all..starving the plant for nutrients isn't good esp at the very end when it's time to pack on weight and vocs aka secondary metabolites aka terps...I use potassium sulfate by cropsalt it's called cake the last 14 days of bloom and the last week I start lowering the water level and let them die on the vine then chop...flushing will just loose you yield and quality...the whole white ash myth from flushing is just that bro science... The white ash comes from the drying and curing process of doing it correctly if your doing it to smoke the flower 60%rh and 60f 14-18days w a Lil airflow above the plants not blowing on them..and viola

When you withhold nutrients from a plant, it will start to relocate nutrients. As those nutrients are depleted, that part from which nutrients have been relocated will start to die. The existing colors may lighten but they may also change to a different color so it would be a crap shoot.

What are you trying to accomplish?

When you withhold nutrients from a plant, it will start to relocate nutrients. As those nutrients are depleted, that part from which nutrients have been relocated will start to die. The existing colors may lighten but they may also change to a different color so it would be a crap shoot.

What are you trying to accomplish?
Mostly what you said to lighten existing colors.

I also prefer smooth smoke instead of harsh nute flavor.
The rest is mostly theory, but I think there could also be benefit to the plant finishing with the nutrients that it already has stored without having to use energy take in more nutrients.

you want cooler temps for colour, not starvation. cooler temps as plants naturally mature brings out more vibrant color so long as the roots are supplying ,and nutes are available. part of it is normal leaf and plant necrosis, the accompanied lower temps bring it out.

that's all to do with your chop, hang, and cure. do that proper and no issues. there's no such thing as a nute flavour. trapped chlorophyll is responsible for 90% of junky smoking weed. and make black ash. the cure is what eliminates it.

The rest is mostly theory, but I think there could also be benefit to the plant finishing with the nutrients that it already has stored without having to use energy take in more nutrients.

at some point it quits. the roots won't pull more. normally there is a natural temp drop in the root zone that goes with it. of course this won't happen indoor.

Can you compost old flushed plants?

you can compost anything lol

When you withhold nutrients, I would expect that they'll change to a different color as they die and rot - green to yellow to black.

As best I can tell - meaning the reading that I've done - the harshness of burning weed is a function of how the crop is dried and cured. I have never seen anything that concludes anything other than the amount of nutes fed to plants has no impact on the taste of the product when smoked. It's not something I've done a lot of reading on, to be frank, because none of the grows that I've done have resulted in a harsh smoke.

Back
Top Bottom