Food Dehydrators

Hiya Flats Rat They will dry it but you'll lose some oomph, smell and flavor for sure. Uses a lot of electricity too! I found making a tin foil canoe and drying a much smaller amount of bud over a toaster slot worked much better for quick smoke. I did this by putting the canoe with fresh bud a bit down the bread slot, turn on till I see steam, turn off, stir, let cool, repeat till desired dryness. Much quicker, less power, gave me the bud I needed and let me dry the rest properly.

The best way to get bud to dry faster without ruining it is to put it in a room with a dehumidifier close the door and the buds will dry in a few days any faster and you'll get smoke that causes more coughing and tastes like leaves.In fact i have buds dying in my flowering room right now because i have the dehumidifier running so we do not get bud rot due to the high humidity here in Boston right now.

My basement is right about 45 too. I'm definitely lucking out there. Always waiting is the best right, but my first plant I needed weed to smoke FAST :D It actually turned out really nice. Not perfect, but not at all bad tasting or harsh.

I've used a dehydrater a few times

Works great.... Fast...and the smell has usually stuck around

Did it for some fast testers at like 115deg for a day...but be sure and check it
Small buds dry fast, bigger don't, keep that in mind

When in doubt, try a few buds and see if u like it

I did use a dehydrator on some of my Fruity Pebbles outdoor grow. I lost a bunch to mold but was able to save some but never could dry it properly. A few hours in the machine and seem to bring them to the proper RH I needed, but a little harsher smoke. In comparison to the same strain I grew a few months before in my tent.

You could also spend a bunch of money and buy a Freeze Dryer and get your buds done in 24hrs. You can read some stuff about that in the FAQ area of the boards My sister, mom and I just bought one of the medium size machines just today and should have it in about 2-3 weeks. Get to play around with a few things beforehand but can’t wait to try it out on my current grow when it finishes.

Back
Top Bottom