FunkySkunk's 2nd Grow - LED SCROG - Super LemonHaze - TrainWreck -Akorn - Purple Haze

Re: FunkySkunk's 2nd grow, LED SCROG-SuperLemonHaze, TrainWreck,Akorn,Purple Haze

For anyone wanting to know how to germinate seeds direct from soil, here's how i do it (I'm no expert but I've planted six seeds this way now, and they've all germinated healthy.

First, make sure everything is clean, hands, pots etc...

Gently drop seeds in cups of tap water and leave for about 20-30 mins(I've seen guides that say leave overnight, but personally I think that's abit extreme.
Have your potting mix of soil ready in pots, compost perlite vermiculite etc... Use the end of a clean pencil or something similar in size and poke a hole about a 1/3 of an inch deep, and gently drop the seeds in. Carefully cover the seed with a sprinkling of soil very gently!!
Then mist the soil with water, leaving it not wet and soggy, but moist. Keep an eye on them and make sure they don't dry out.
Leave somewhere warm and in darkness, and try and be patient unlike me:laughtwo:, there's an excellent chance you'l have seedlings within a few days. :)

Re: FunkySkunk's 2nd grow, LED SCROG-SuperLemonHaze, TrainWreck,Akorn,Purple Haze

Hello all! Just installed air extraction and inlet. I'm getting really good airflow; I've left the carbon filter off for the time being, but mounted the fan at the top of the room so i can add the filter at a later smellier stage ;)

If my calculations are correct (don't count on it) the air within my room should be extracted and replaced in just over a minute! This sounds good but kinda too much? Is this possible?

Anyway...pics.

DSCF22092.JPG
DSCF22082.JPG
DSCF22071.JPG
DSCF22062.JPG
DSCF22052.JPG
DSCF22042.JPG
DSCF2201.JPG
DSCF2202.JPG
DSCF22032.JPG
DSCF2200.JPG

DSCF22131.JPG
DSCF22121.JPG

One thing iv'e noticed about this grow compared to my first...I don't miss that bloody aluminium foil!!!!! Noisy hot horrible stuff.

Looking good and clean gotta luv it

Thanks dude, tying my best to keep everything in some sorta order in there! I've worked out a way to fit a screen aswell, ive strung thick wire around all 4 corner posts, which il string Jute across in a grid.

Subbed. Lovely looking setup there funky:). Gonna look stunning with the disco pink lights in there. Can't wait to see how the led performs.

Subbed. Lovely looking setup there funky:). Gonna look stunning with the disco pink lights in there. Can't wait to see how the led performs.
Hey DD my friend glad you joined, hope you are well. Thanks man, I'm liking this setup aswell, and cannot WAIT for that disco pink hue to be covering my plants!!!

I have a Super Lemon Haze too, and Green House Trainwreck waiting, might drop it with my next batch in a couple weeks, we should be pretty close to each other with the SLH tho mine popped less than two full weeks ago IIRC. I'll try and keep up.

:thumb:

Awesome! Be interesting to see how they perform side by side under different growing conditions and lighting etc, I'l check out your journal now :)

Nice set up, I"m in.
One thing you may consider though is all that tubing twisting behind your fan. You're going to lose some efficiency with all those unnecessarily turns.

Hi Bigjack, you are completely right my friend I am planning on either pulling all excess outside and bunching it up or cutting it off.
Probably cut it off as its difficult to pull through being right up against the wall.
Glad to have you on board!

Whatsup :420:

Seedlings are forming strongly! Leaves are stretching for that CFL light, longing for the LED panels to arrive...:hmmmm:
Temps and humidity are stable, around 72.5F and 55-65%.

My Blackstar LED's have arrived!! And I'm now blind as a consequence!! Good god they are bright!! Like super bright, looking at my household lighting after them made it all tinted green! The reflectors around the diodes work really well, VERY concentrated light.

Pics up of them in a few mins!

Hi everyone i will keep it at one panel up at the moment, because I'm pretty sure 2 would fry my seedlings :laughtwo:

I tried looking at the lights from the direction it is concentrated ( like a cars high beam) but couldn't for more than a few seconds before my eyes started watering. It is currently at 3 Ft away from the seedlings, can anyone tell me if this is too close or far away for seedlings? Looking at the lights with my eyes shut I could feel the intensity penetrating through my eyelids!

Decently packaged.

DSCF22403.JPG
DSCF22412.JPG

DSCF22421.JPG
DSCF22453.JPG
DSCF22462.JPG
DSCF22471.JPG
DSCF2248.JPG
DSCF2249.JPG
DSCF22514.JPG
DSCF22523.JPG
DSCF22531.JPG