Super Lemon Haze DWC 210W LED ScrOG

Day 21 since flip and day 9 of flower. Still got some stretch to go I reckon but she's stretching up nicely - I've lst'd two tops as they were outgrowing the others but everything's pretty even now. Pretty happy with everything so far. I've still got some more height to play with so not stressing yet but the next week will give me an idea as to whether or not height's going to be an issue. If thing's start getting tight I'll lst some more, and if necessary defoliate some of the taller ones early to slow them down. The screen filled nicely though, so I'm pleased with the timing.

pH is behaving nicely - now I've worked out the sudden drop to pH5 and switched to the Flores things are all good. Pretty happy with this Aqua now I'm getting a feel for it. Anyway, some photos:

IMG_22125.JPG

IMG_22176.JPG

IMG_22166.JPG

IMG_22195.JPG

IMG_22183.JPG

IMG_22154.JPG

Whoa crazy stretch! I feel like im standing at a urinal and the guy next to me is hung to his knee.....wheres my stretch at???

That made me laugh! I wouldn't worry though mate - if she keeps going up much longer I'll run out of height and it will be a nightmare. Whilst the bloke hung to his knee might look impressive, the reality is he'll die a virgin because no woman will let him near her with it out of fear of serious injury, or because he faints every time he gets turned on as the blood leaves his brain to get it up! Not always a blessing when it comes to the practicalities!

Day 24 12/12, day 12 flower. Another couple of inches:
IMG_22226.JPG

Potentially another week of stretch and height's getting tighter - not many more inches up and the light hits the carbon filter etc:
IMG_22249.JPG

I've moved the light up a few inches this week, basically keeping it 12" from the tops. It should ideally be 18" but I'm not seeing any signs of stress so 12" distance it will stay. As soon as it hits it max height and can't go up any further I'll strip fans to slow further stretch and lst if possible. The only problem with this is they're all pretty even so I'll just have to criss cross them across the cupboard to get them down. I'm sure it will be fine!
IMG_22276.JPG

IMG_22285.JPG

RH and temps are good though. RH had dropped and is holding 45-50% (door's been open on this one so has dropped a bit vs normal)
IMG_22348.JPG

Downstairs we have an OG Kush for next grow:
IMG_223712.JPG

IMG_22427.JPG

I'm beginning to dislike cfls. Ok, it's only a 30w, but the initial stretch and the slow growth is noticeable against a proper light like the led. I know it will be fine in the long run because I've germed a couple under it and maintained a small mother for 6m or so (and I also don't want her to grow too fast tbh because the SLH has time to go), but cfls are definitely weak. I think a lot is down to the light wavelengths, rather than wattage; a well tuned 30w led would kick it's arse I reckon!

Day 31 12/12, day 18 flower. Stretch has slowed right down so I think height is going to be ok. I had a big clear out underneath the screen; defoliatd and lollypopped from the bottom up, so really hard down by the screen, hardly touching the middle, and not removing any fan leaves at the top of the plant. It's made a huge difference in light penetration to the lower budsites, whilst hopefully minimising any impact on the main buds. I've raised the light to its maximum and done a little lst to even things out. The buds are developing and she's starting to form crystals. No major smell yet generally, but when I defoliated you culd really smll her and the fingers got very sticky. Photos....

Strtetch has slowed, bit untidy underneath:
IMG_22447.JPG

IMG_22459.JPG

IMG_22469.JPG

IMG_224710.JPG

IMG_22487.JPG

Clear out, bottom up, so the tops of the plant disn't get touched, and the middle only lightly. Any straggly lower growh got stripped
IMG_22529.JPG

IMG_22539.JPG

IMG_22658.JPG

IMG_22575.JPG

IMG_22648.JPG

IMG_226811.JPG

OG Kush
IMG_22668.JPG

looks like a pretty serious defol, the plant is looking very healthy and seedling looking good also. Keep up the good work. :thumb:

Cheers stealth. It looks pretty severe but I probably took less leaves than I have in the past. I was very hard right down at the bottom at screen level and took out the really weak spindly growth - I've learnt in the past this doesn't really develop into anything worthwhile so I'd rather she focused on the main tops and lower bud sites on these, rather than stuff I'd be likely to chuck anyway (I never quite get round to making hash!). I took progressively less leaves as I went up so the top of the plant didn't really get touched. Different how I've done it before (where I took leaves from the top down) - we'll see if it makes any difference.

Lookin good gk they'll love the extra light down below.

Thanks mate. Looks like the low buds are already benefiting. Need to do another full update - hopefully will get round to it in a couple of days.

just a beautiful plant,setup,light,pics all of it top notch!:thumb::goodjob:

Cheers bid! Hope all's good with you mate

This is great, im following this thread for sure! Keep up the good work:) good strain too, love the smell:Rasta: And the smoke and high is perfect too:)

Great to have you aboard firstout. Hope you enjoy it - things are starting to fill out and get more exciting. She's starting to smell really nice and frost up. I'm really looking forward to smoking this one but have a while to wait; reckon she's 4-5 weeks from harvest currently

Day 37 12/12, day 24 flower. Buds are becoming much more substantial and I reckon she's got at least another 4-5 weeks to go. The main tops aren't far off the size of the Berry Bomb from the last grow at harvest so I'm hopeful this could give a decent yield. It was 3.5oz off the BB, would be nice to get four or five.
IMG_226911.JPG

IMG_22708.JPG

IMG_22777.JPG

IMG_229111.JPG

IMG_22908.JPG

Mutant fan - it's one petiole with what seems like two fans so it's got about 14 blades:
IMG_22877.JPG

Some hints of minor nute burn right on the tips. I think this was because I went away for a few days and she drank a ton of nutes and the EC climbed (pH stayed nicely within range, but did drop to 5.4). The burn's nothing major but indicates where the top end she can take is so when I add the pK13/14 in the next couple of weeks I may drop the concentration of the main nutes a little because that stuff's pretty hot:
IMG_228511.JPG

Frosting nicely and some buds:
IMG_227810.JPG

IMG_227511.JPG

IMG_227310.JPG

IMG_22728.JPG

IMG_22717.JPG

Thanks for all the nice coments everyone. I just did the res change for the week and arranged the buds with some lst so they're all in the best position for light and space. They're starting to pile on new pistils so I think by next weekend I'll be adding the pk13/14 and doubling the Boost for a week.

Back
Top Bottom