Super Lemon Haze DWC 210W LED ScrOG

Hey GK, lookin good man! Your about a week ahead of me on the flowering so ill be watching this grow a bit closer.
Do you suppose the drop in ph was due to unused nitrogen and other nutrients therefore calling for the switch of nutes?

Thanks voodoo - I'm going to do an update shortly with some photos - she's flowering now so things are kicking off.

Apparently the pH drop is because as the plant shifts to flower and her nute needs change she actively lowers the pH - the plants are able to influence the pH themselves to an extent as the roots secrete waste products, and these waste products change as the plant alters the elements she takes up. So during veg the waste products tend to be more alkaline, raising the pH, and as she flowers the waste products become more acidic, lowering the pH. So a sudden drop after switching to 12/12 indicates the plant has transitioned to flower and her nutrient uptake has changed and the waste becomes more acidic. According to the Canna Fact Sheet at least, but it seems to make sense

Looking forward to your update GKnight, I'll be checking it out for sure.
Updates on both my grows tonight also, we'll see how the girls (kush and Widow) are after their extended sleep, and if the Blues are at the screen yet. What a nail biter.:bitingnails:

So today is day 15 from 12/12 and day 3 of flower. Stretch has kicked in and she's starting to shoot up. Not quite as evenly as I'd like (the back left in particular is a bit behind) but I'm just going to leave her to do her thing until stretch comes to an end and then I'll defoliate a bit. I'm still in two minds about defoliating half and leaving half - if stripping benefits the buds by exposing them to more light then the defoliated half will do better in terms of buds, if removing the fans hurts bud development then the non-defoliated half will do better. I'm not sure I'll get away with not stripping any leaves at all from one side as I may get airflow issues but we'll see when we get there in a couple of weeks.

Anyway, some photos:
IMG_22016.JPG
IMG_22027.JPG
IMG_22107.JPG
IMG_22038.JPG
IMG_22076.JPG

Pistils appeared a few days ago - not the best photo cos the pistils themselves are out of focus!
IMG_22048.JPG

Looking forward to your update GKnight, I'll be checking it out for sure.
Updates on both my grows tonight also, we'll see how the girls (kush and Widow) are after their extended sleep, and if the Blues are at the screen yet. What a nail biter.:bitingnails:

Thanks stealth. Will be good to see your update, looking forward to it. I doubt the long sleep will have hurt, but I'd completely missed you had a second journal on the go too - I'll head over there now!

I have a feeling with that strain you got A LOT of stretch lift, but that is one nice healthy plant.

Yeah, the stretch is a bit of a concern as my height is a bit limited with the carbon filter etc at the top of the cupboard, but worst case I'll just have to lst any tops that stretch too much - I can tie them down to the screen so it shouldn't hopefully be too much of a problem, just a bit of a ball ache. I just had to try SLH though, with or without possible height issues!

Subbed! Looks great love the scrog looks strong!

Great to have you along, thanks for joining and the nice comments. She's doing well so far, fingers crossed wont run into any issues!

Cheers voodoo, I hope so! I'd like to get more than 3.5oz off this one. I'm sure it should be possible, I think I got a bit of a crappy pheno with the berry bomb, it wasn't a huge budder on either of the two grows I did with it.

The SLH is taking off now - just lst'd two tops down which were stretching well above the others so the canopy's even again. I'll get some more photos up in a few days but stretch has properly kicked in and she's probably almost 12" above the screen now. Will be very nice if all the colas properly fill out

Very very very nice set up knight. I live the dwc set up and the led I'm becoming really fascinated with them. Your grow a great looking plant. Did you trim the underside of the plant. And also how long did you veg. I'm going to make a small veg room with a led and then flower with a hps. How do you this that will be with ur experience with LEDs.. Also your roots look amazing. If you could check out my journal in my sig that would be awesome. Can't wait to see your next update!!!!

Very very very nice set up knight. I live the dwc set up and the led I'm becoming really fascinated with them. Your grow a great looking plant. Did you trim the underside of the plant. And also how long did you veg. I'm going to make a small veg room with a led and then flower with a hps. How do you this that will be with ur experience with LEDs.. Also your roots look amazing. If you could check out my journal in my sig that would be awesome. Can't wait to see your next update!!!!

Thanks kushmaster - I'm really happy with the DWC, really simple but gives good results. The led is great, I'll never look back - originally went with a cfl because I need to keep heat down, but it's no comparison to the led (which is only a few more watts) and the cfl gave out loads more heat.

Yes, I stripped everything out under the screen- it's wasted growth, won't flower properly and can also create airflow issues so I cleared it all out which also lets the plant focus its energy on the growth above the screen. I didn't record the exact date I germed the seed so not 100% sure on veg time. I reckon it was about 6 weeks from seed before I flipped to 12/12.

You'll be fine using an led for veg and hps for flower. It's a long time since I grew with an hps though - they're good but do kick out some heat (why I can't use one currently and went led). I'll head over to you journal now and check it out. Thanks for the kind comments!

Hey I was wondering how much that your led is if you don't mind sharing. I want to start a veg grow and not sure if I want to do it diy or buy one?

It was about £350 mate. The prices seem to be coming down though so you could probably get one for less money that's as good if not better. I'd be tempted to buy rather than diy it - much less hassle! TopLed seem pretty decent from bid and jon's journals - still early days but the sponsor is present on here answering questions and is open and helpful so that could be a good place to start. Jon's very experienced with leds so worth contacting him and getting his input - he helped me source mine and is running a TopLED light so can give you a better opinion than I can.

Back
Top Bottom