G13xHaze, AK47, ICE First grow

I appreciate you helping me out with this. I am probably falling into the first grow stereotype. I'm just over analyzing the whole thing. I think i'll just let the temps do what they do. thanks again

We all do it:grinjoint:

So which is the lesser of two evils high temp or low humidity? I can probably fix only one.
I was told that low humidity can be a blessing, especially late in flower. Less chance of bud rot.

High temp's however....not good.

Keep the temps under control and leave a tray of water out in the grow room. You want surface area, so a large baking sheet will be just right.

Lately, my humidity has been under 40 mostly, except the first hour lights go off, when it spikes up to 60 for a few minutes. The plants just required more water.

I'm having some temp and humidity issues. During the day my temp is getting to 85-87. Humidity is around 30%. I am only running 2 55w PL-L bulbs. I amgrowing in my upstairs spare room. I am waiting for my mylar to show up to complete the smaller grow room. The only window in the room faces west. So, I covered most of it with foil today. Hopefully the temp wont get as high in there. If I leave the window open at night the temp goes down to 60. I am trying not to stress the plants too much. I am trying not to use too much electricity. I am hoping to not have to use a windows A/C unit. Any other way to keep the temps down? Thanks.

You know, there are these nifty little things called portable swamp coolers that might help you out. It'll cool AND humidify. If you use your air conditioner to adjust temperature, it'll dump your humidity. Of course, if you can't find a small portable swamp cooler, perhaps get a box fan and put a layer of wet cheesecoth over the face of it. That'll move air, quasi-cool it, and humidify.

G13xHaze and AK47 1 week old today. ICE 4 days old today. Ak47 Growing well. G13 seems to have stopped or growing very slowly. It looks to me like her leaf tips are curling up. Too hot? ICE just started her first leaves yesterday.

AK47
SNC00036.jpg

ICE
SNC00040.jpg

G13 x Haze
SNC00037.jpg

G13 leaf tip curling up.
SNC00041.jpg

OK I finally have my temps under control. Now my range is 64-73. Humidity is hovering around 35%. The G13 seems to be happier with the lower temps. The ICE is going like crazy. I appreciate all the info and ideas so far.

OK day 11 and 7 update.

AK47 growing like crazy til today. The leaves are starting to droop. I think I may have over watered. I watered every 3 days. I only did this because the pot felt to me to be light. I think I will hold off on watering for a couple days to see how she reacts. The G13 seems to be starting the same thing. Same water schedule. The ICE seems to be doing good. I haven't watered that one as often. This is what leads me to believe over watering.

Soil run off from the last watering was 6.8 for all 3. PPM: AK- 323, G13- 459, ICE 481

AK47 Day 11
SNC00046.jpg

SNC00049.jpg

G13xHaze Day 11
SNC00047.jpg
SNC00050.jpg

ICE Day 7
SNC00048.jpg
SNC00051.jpg

Day 15: Problem?

So today I noticed I have some white spots on a couple of the leaves (AK47). I'm not sure what it could be. Three possibilities, Spider mites, Thrips, or leaf miners. At first I thought it may be thrips but I can't see anything moving around on the leaves. I Transplanted them in to my LabRat Deep Water Culture system today. Hopefully this will eliminate some of the problems. The roots were all very clean and white.

AK47
SNC00058.jpg

New Homes
SNC00064.jpg

They are all still green this morning. 550ppm 6.0Ph. I know the Ph is a bit high but, I'm trying not to shock them more than they already are. I will readjust later today to around 5.6-5.7. The PPM is staying steady so we will see what happens when they start using water.

They are all in one tub.
SNC00059.jpg

This morning. Transplant shock.
SNC00065.jpg

Little bit of an update. Had some nute issues this week. It appears that I have fixed that. Little bit of burn on the leaves but not too bad.

AK
SNC00074.jpg

ICE
SNC00075.jpg

G13xHaze
SNC00076.jpg

AK side
SNC00077.jpg

AK roots
SNC00078.jpg

The AK and the G13 seem to be really happy. I think I damaged some of the ICE roots. It is growing but slowly. The ICE roots just came out of the pots this morning. I have my nutes at 1300mS and pH at 5.8. I adjust my pH down to 5.2 in the mornings and when I get home in the after noon it is always 5.8.

AK
SNC00085.jpg

AK
SNC00087.jpg

G13
SNC00090.jpg

G13
SNC00091.jpg

ICE
SNC00088.jpg

ICE
SNC00089.jpg

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom