Gandalfthewhite's Adventure Into LED - Sponsored By Mars Hydro With The FC3000

Youre a good Mum/ Dad etc lol.
Tupac :laughtwo: thats funny but appropriate, that bass and thump will be good for those roots. ;)
I played some old school early-mid 80s goth for mine for most of July lol.
80s goth eh! well I shall have to give that a listen i don't know many goth bands! To be honest i spent most of my teens listening to Bob Dyan, Cat Stevens, Nick Drake and the Beatles... then I discovered Drum and Bass and for 10 years the party seen took control of my brain if you know what i mean :rofl: :green_heart: :passitleft:
Mine goes from house music to icp to 80s

That's probably why they are all fuc*ed
Variety is the spice of life my friend :cheesygrinsmiley: and I'm sure your ladies love a bit of ICP 🤡 :green_heart: :passitleft:
Everyone is healthy and happy. :welldone:
Hope your good Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
Hey Bill thanks for stopping by :green_heart: I'm all good mate just plodding along waiting for things to finish and starting new babies you know the drill :cheesygrinsmiley: I hope all is well in your world my friend :green_heart: :passitleft:

Hey everyone :ciao:

I have been worried about the deformed lady all night at work but when I checked this morning I was surprised to see her still up :laugh: I think she has grown a little and I think I see the next set of leaves right in the middle. Obviously I'm still not out of the woods yet and the brown tips are a concern but I think they may have also been damaged by the seed helmet/me too. I think there is hope yet for this one! :cheesygrinsmiley:
DSC_1305.JPG

The other smaller ones have all greened up and i think they are all good.
DSC_1307.JPG

The bigger ones are looking good :cheesygrinsmiley: I have only given them water so far but the next feed I will start with 1/4 strength calmag as my water is very soft, it reads 0.0-0.1 EC out of the tap!
DSC_1306.JPG

I have to say I am really loving this FC3000. I couldn't be happier thanks again @Mars Hydro :green_heart:
The ability to control the intensity of light and in-turn the heat is something I have never had and as you can see my temps and humidity are spot on. I still have the humidifier off for the time being as it is super humid here.
DSC_1316.JPG

Also I have found a Bluetooth ppfd meter with an app which will be my next purchase, and its only £34 what a bargain! I'm hoping this will help me with getting the right amounts of light and distances for each stage of their lives.
That's all for now :circle-of-love: much love :green_heart: :passitleft:

Bluetooth PPFD meter??? I didn't know such a thing existed, now I want it! Tent looks great man, healthy girls all around.

80s goth eh! well I shall have to give that a listen i don't know many goth bands! To be honest i spent most of my teens listening to Bob Dyan, Cat Stevens, Nick Drake and the Beatles... then I discovered Drum and Bass and for 10 years the party seen took control of my brain if you know what i mean :rofl: :green_heart: :passitleft:
I bet you met my friend Molly in that DnB scene. She pretty sweet lol.
Love Nick Drake... Im always humming Pink Moon. And Beatles... well yes of course, I also breathe oxygen.
Most 80s Goth had a hard driving bass line, Im sort of convinced in my hippie dippie way that the roots of plants really enjoy low frequency vibrations. Thats why I play didgeridoo for them a bunch too. Lol, Im a dork but my babies are happy.:theband::headbanger::party::snowboating::morenutes::yummy:

I have been worried about the deformed lady all night at work but when I checked this morning I was surprised to see her still up :laugh: I think she has grown a little and I think I see the next set of leaves right in the middle. Obviously I'm still not out of the woods yet and the brown tips are a concern but I think they may have also been damaged by the seed helmet/me too. I think there is hope yet for this one! :cheesygrinsmiley:
DSC_1305.JPG

DSC_1307.JPG

The bigger ones are looking good :cheesygrinsmiley: I have only given them water so far but the next feed I will start with 1/4 strength calmag as my water is very soft, it reads 0.0-0.1 EC out of the tap!
DSC_1306.JPG

I have to say I am really loving this FC3000. I couldn't be happier thanks again @Mars Hydro :green_heart:
The ability to control the intensity of light and in-turn the heat is something I have never had and as you can see my temps and humidity are spot on. I still have the humidifier off for the time being as it is super humid here.
DSC_1316.JPG

Also I have found a Bluetooth ppfd meter with an app which will be my next purchase, and its only £34 what a bargain! I'm hoping this will help me with getting the right amounts of light and distances for each stage of their lives.
If the deformatrix lady puts the next set of leaves out than youve definitely got a launch with her. Im rooting for her, becuase lame Dad jokes make sense right now.

Bluetooth PPFD meter??? I didn't know such a thing existed, now I want it! Tent looks great man, healthy girls all around.
Thanks bruva! I didn't either! It's called: UNI-T lux meter
It is a lux meter but with the app it does measure/convert to ppfd too. I read some reviews and saw a test video and it seems
legit and more than accurate enough for me, the humble home growing wizard :laugh:
I bet you met my friend Molly in that DnB scene. She pretty sweet lol.
Love Nick Drake... Im always humming Pink Moon. And Beatles... well yes of course, I also breathe oxygen.
Most 80s Goth had a hard driving bass line, Im sort of convinced in my hippie dippie way that the roots of plants really enjoy low frequency vibrations. Thats why I play didgeridoo for them a bunch too. Lol, Im a dork but my babies are happy.:theband::headbanger::party::snowboating::morenutes::yummy:
Not a dork at all, I completely agree with the vibration theory. I'm sure if we could find the right resonance frequency we could talk to these girls like they were truly sentient 🧐
Oh Molly she used to be my best friend always there, the love for everyone and the freedom we felt! I only meet here on special occasions now but those nights were some of the best I have ever had wow! What a girl! :rofl:🤪

If the deformatrix lady puts the next set of leaves out than youve definitely got a launch with her. Im rooting for her, becuase lame Dad jokes make sense right now.
Deformatrix is her new name :rofl:

DSC_1305.JPG

DSC_1307.JPG

DSC_1306.JPG

DSC_1316.JPG

They really love that Mars Hydro. :thumb:
Hope everything is going well Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Not a dork at all, I completely agree with the vibration theory. I'm sure if we could find the right resonance frequency we could talk to these girls like they were truly sentient 🧐
Oh Molly she used to be my best friend always there, the love for everyone and the freedom we felt! I only meet here on special occasions now but those nights were some of the best I have ever had wow! What a girl! :rofl:🤪
samesamesamesamesamesamesame :D :cheer: :meditate:

Molly.... we just get together to reminisce now and then here too but as you know -cant step into the same river twice, but shes always got a nice ebb to go with that flow.

I lived in England (Newmarket) until 1988. I met her there at some kidn of crazy carnival thing lmao. I never looked back, thank psychonautic gods and goddesses.. or my brain structure or whatever. :yahoo::thumb::circle-of-love::high-five:

DSC_1305.JPG

DSC_1307.JPG

DSC_1306.JPG

DSC_1316.JPG

Looking good and green gandalf..

Come on little weird one let's goooooooo.

Helo everyone :ciao:

It has been 4 days since these ladies moved into their new home and they are settling in well.

The bigger ones were due a watering yesterday so they got 1/4 strength calmag and a low dose of roobastic.
DSC_1331.JPG

The smaller ones seem to be taking their time but that is all I have :cheesygrinsmiley:
DSC_1325.JPG

The Blackberry Moonrocks look good they are a nice colour and have very indica leaves
DSC_1329.JPG

The smaller ones have their new sets of leaves and are plodding along.
DSC_1326.JPG

The Sour Diesel are also looking good but they definitely needed the calmag.
DSC_1330.JPG

The one we call "Deformatrix" (thanks for the name @AutoNautPsychoFlower) is doing well she has produced another set of leaves and is looking like she will make it for sure.
DSC_1327.JPG

This one on the other hand I'm not so sure about. She hasn't done much since the move and I think she hasn't got much going for her but i will persevere. if Deformatrix can do it this one can!
DSC_1328.JPG

I downloaded an app to measure the ppfd with my phone, it is probaly not as accurate as a meter but it gives me somthing to go by.

I did a reading at 25% power at 18" and it was around 134ppfd at the top of the plants which I thought was low so I have increased the light to nearly 50% and kept tit at 18" for now. Any help with the settings and height would be much appreciated...

DSC_1332.JPG

This is after the adjustment.
Screenshot_20220818-125331~2.png

I'm not to sure how accurate my phone sensor is but I have a Bluetooth sensor in my basket waiting for payday.

Everything seems to be moving along nicely and I am still very impressed with this light. i am thinking I might need to purchase another 2 for the flowering tent :cheesygrinsmiley: maybe the next size up - @Mars Hydro FC4800 looks like a beast.

I hope you are all having a good week, the weekend can't come soon enough! Much love to all :green_heart: :passitleft:

Helo everyone :ciao:

It has been 4 days since these ladies moved into their new home and they are settling in well.

The bigger ones were due a watering yesterday so they got 1/4 strength calmag and a low dose of roobastic.
DSC_1331.JPG

The smaller ones seem to be taking their time but that is all I have :cheesygrinsmiley:
DSC_1325.JPG

The Blackberry Moonrocks look good they are a nice colour and have very indica leaves
DSC_1329.JPG

The smaller ones have their new sets of leaves and are plodding along.
DSC_1326.JPG

The Sour Diesel are also looking good but they definitely needed the calmag.
DSC_1330.JPG

The one we call "Deformatrix" (thanks for the name @AutoNautPsychoFlower) is doing well she has produced another set of leaves and is looking like she will make it for sure.
DSC_1327.JPG

This one on the other hand I'm not so sure about. She hasn't done much since the move and I think she hasn't got much going for her but i will persevere. if Deformatrix can do it this one can!
DSC_1328.JPG

I downloaded an app to measure the ppfd with my phone, it is probaly not as accurate as a meter but it gives me somthing to go by.

I did a reading at 25% power at 18" and it was around 134ppfd at the top of the plants which I thought was low so I have increased the light to nearly 50% and kept tit at 18" for now. Any help with the settings and height would be much appreciated...

DSC_1332.JPG

This is after the adjustment.
Screenshot_20220818-125331~2.png

I'm not to sure how accurate my phone sensor is but I have a Bluetooth sensor in my basket waiting for payday.

Everything seems to be moving along nicely and I am still very impressed with this light. i am thinking I might need to purchase another 2 for the flowering tent :cheesygrinsmiley: maybe the next size up - @Mars Hydro FC4800 looks like a beast.

I hope you are all having a good week, the weekend can't come soon enough! Much love to all :green_heart: :passitleft:
Good morning gandalf.... And woooohoooo "deformatrix" look at her growing out that funky look....and I agree if she can pull through so can the other one that is also limping.

But they look great....glad they are loving the new home under the big girl light.

Good morning gandalf.... And woooohoooo "deformatrix" look at her growing out that funky look....and I agree if she can pull through so can the other one that is also limping.

But they look great....glad they are loving the new home under the big girl light.
Good morning my friend :cheesygrinsmiley: I am so pleased that Deformatrix is pulling through it must have been very stressful for her and the other we will now call "Limpy" should hopefully be the same, a couple more days and we will see. :green_heart: :passitleft:
Where are you getting that PPFD reading from? Love it!
Thanks mate! I downloaded an app called "PPFD Meter- Grow Light Meter" from the app store :rofl: The sensor that I'm getting goes with the app. I was amazed to see it honestly but it is 2022- i Keep reminding myself :laugh: and the reviews and videos I have seen look promising :green_heart: :passitleft:

Hello everyone :ciao:

Sorry for the lack of updates, the last couple of days its been a bit hectic around here :laugh:

Since the last update I have put in a mall green house heater in the middle of the tent to try and keep the roots warm, I'm so used to having the light heat the space! My thoughts were that the smallest ones were taking too long to dry out and therefore not building roots and not getting everything they needed.

I have the light around 14" away from the top of the biggest plants and set at just over 50%.

The temp is around 27c and the humidity is 60-65%

The 4 bigger plants have been potted up into 3L fabric pots as they were asking for more food were filling the cups with roots.This picture was taken straight after potting up and watering in with 1L containing 1/4 strength calmg and rootbastic.
DSC_1379.JPG

Blackberry Moonrocks rooted up :cheesygrinsmiley:
DSC_1372.JPG

Sour Diesel lots of nice white roots too :cheesygrinsmiley:
DSC_1369.JPG

The small crew -Blackberry Moonrocks left, Sour Diesel right they all are looking healthy just small :cheesygrinsmiley: I haven't given these anything at all not even water since they have been alive. As I said they were taking far too long to dry.
DSC_1380.JPG

Deformatrix is still going strong :cheesygrinsmiley:
DSC_1381.JPG

Limpy is also doing something :cheesygrinsmiley:
DSC_1382.JPG

I was reading somewhere that the temp of your room needs to be higher when using LED, around 27-28c?? Does anyone know if this is correct or did I dream it??

Thanks for stopping by and I hope all is well in your garden and world much love :circle-of-love: :green_heart: :passitleft:

Hello everyone :ciao:

Sorry for the lack of updates, the last couple of days its been a bit hectic around here :laugh:

Since the last update I have put in a mall green house heater in the middle of the tent to try and keep the roots warm, I'm so used to having the light heat the space! My thoughts were that the smallest ones were taking too long to dry out and therefore not building roots and not getting everything they needed.

I have the light around 14" away from the top of the biggest plants and set at just over 50%.

The temp is around 27c and the humidity is 60-65%

The 4 bigger plants have been potted up into 3L fabric pots as they were asking for more food were filling the cups with roots.This picture was taken straight after potting up and watering in with 1L containing 1/4 strength calmg and rootbastic.
DSC_1379.JPG

Blackberry Moonrocks rooted up :cheesygrinsmiley:
DSC_1372.JPG

Sour Diesel lots of nice white roots too :cheesygrinsmiley:
DSC_1369.JPG

The small crew -Blackberry Moonrocks left, Sour Diesel right they all are looking healthy just small :cheesygrinsmiley: I haven't given these anything at all not even water since they have been alive. As I said they were taking far too long to dry.
DSC_1380.JPG

Deformatrix is still going strong :cheesygrinsmiley:
DSC_1381.JPG

Limpy is also doing something :cheesygrinsmiley:
DSC_1382.JPG

I was reading somewhere that the temp of your room needs to be higher when using LED, around 27-28c?? Does anyone know if this is correct or did I dream it??

Thanks for stopping by and I hope all is well in your garden and world much love :circle-of-love: :green_heart: :passitleft:
I've heard that too. HID lights put out more IR, which raises leaf temps higher above the room temps.
LEDs with IR diodes kinda negate that difference.
I can't remember the reasons why that was thought to be beneficial. I've never really looked into what difference leaf surface temps makes to the plant.
More efficient photosynthesis maybe?

I've heard that too. HID lights put out more IR, which raises leaf temps higher above the room temps.
LEDs with IR diodes kinda negate that difference.
I can't remember the reasons why that was thought to be beneficial. I've never really looked into what difference leaf surface temps makes to the plant.
More efficient photosynthesis maybe?
Thanks for the input mate :thumb: The mars does have IR chips I'm not sure how many though? I think you're right on room temp/leaf temp = better photosynthesis. I was more worried about the pot staying wet for to long :laugh:
Sorry braddah, totally missed the tag. Little late but im locked in homie :passitleft:
Glad your here brother :green_heart: :passitleft:

I was more worried about the pot staying wet for to long :laugh:
I had that problem when I started growing indoors until I stepped up the airflow in my tent. It also lowered the air temps, but I had been having an issue with that as well at the time.

Back
Top Bottom