G'day from Oz

That's a lucky surprise doesn't happen here in NJ....little looks good. Welcome to the forum..sit back and enjoy. Tons of wonderful ppl and info here!

Hi guys finally a sunny day and nice bit of growth thinking about trying my hand at topping, if anyone could point me in the right direction.
Also is there a better place for me to ask questions without gate crashing elsewhere? Not really ready to start a journal just yet.

1D7028CE-F744-48B2-8CDA-CA375F3F0863.jpeg

Hi guys finally a sunny day and nice bit of growth thinking about trying my hand at topping, if anyone could point me in the right direction.
Also is there a better place for me to ask questions without gate crashing elsewhere? Not really ready to start a journal just yet.

1D7028CE-F744-48B2-8CDA-CA375F3F0863.jpeg
Good morning @Old OZ cute lady.
Do you have lots of holes in the bottom of that bucket?
You can ask questions here or go to frequently asked questions and get more specific there.
It's easy to start a journal so we can follow along, give it a shot.
Stay safe.
Bill

Thx for the reply’s guys will hold off on the hair cut as height isn’t so much of a concern ,was more not wanting her to get too top heavy and being exposed to strong winds as she will most likely live permanently outside shortly.
Just exploring options atm.

Thx for the reply’s guys will hold off on the hair cut as height isn’t so much of a concern ,was more not wanting her to get too top heavy and being exposed to strong winds as she will most likely live permanently outside shortly.
Just exploring options atm.
I usually top above the 8th or 9th node because height isn't a concern for me either. Then I keep the top two nodes flat while the lowers catch up. Makes for a nice size bush in the end.

When you say “keep the top two nodes flat” can you explain or is that detailed in one of your grows?
Be glad to. As the top two nodes below the top get longer, I grab the ends and tie them to the rim of the pot. I can find some other pics tomorrow, but this is what it looks like from the side:

full

I keep them flat until the next lower nodes reach them and I tie those flat as well. Keep doing that for as long as you want to wait for lowers to grow, and eventually let them all grow up together.

Flip whenever you're ready!

Be glad to. As the top two nodes below the top get longer, I grab the ends and tie them to the rim of the pot. I can find some other pics tomorrow, but this is what it looks like from the side:

full

I keep them flat until the next lower nodes reach them and I tie those flat as well. Keep doing that for as long as you want to wait for lowers to grow, and eventually let them all grow up together.

Flip whenever you're ready!
Awesome explanation and example thanks shed, your gold mate!:thumb:
Finally worked out this emoji thing :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom