G'day from Australia

Hubcap

420 Member
Hello all, im down in Australia. While the rest of the world moves forward with cannabis laws we are stuck behind the times. Due to a bushfire alot of people lost their supply chain, me included. So im here to get to learn the techniques of growing good quality cannabis for my personal use. Im a newbie to growing, though i do have a basic understanding i still have alot to learn and hope 420 can teach me. Take care everyone and talk soon.

Hello Hubcap. Welcome to 420 Magazine. I hope things get better for Australia. I love Australia and it just kills me to see the suffering of the animals. If I had the money I would fly there just to help the wildlife. Very sad.
On a happier note! This place is great and you will be off and running with your own crop in no time I'm quite sure.
Cheers! :ganjamon:

Welcome to the community.

we hope you are safe from the fires.

do you have anything growing?
No nothing growing as yet. I have some Green Gelato and Critical seeds (RQS), Strawberry Eclair by G13 and Green Crack by Humboldt, all through Attitude seed bank. Running a double high light uv board by Grow Lights Australia. Im having a bit of trouble getting a few other tools shipped here at present time. For the past 25 years we never had any problem acquiring some quality bud, however the last three months has been dry, due to fires. In this time we had NOTHING. i only been getting 2-3 hours sleep a night, i lost 15 kgs due to no appetite and when i make myself eat something, i cant hold it down. Very restless with no concentration, so i decided to grow my own. When im able to get the last couple of pieces of the puzzle i will be doing my best with these seeds. Undecided on soil or coco coir, will be hand watering. Just here to learn about different techniques,- topping, fimming, mainlining, Scrog, Sog, LST etc So much to learn. Any good threads you think may be of help to me in learning this art?
Stay safe and talk soon. Hubcap.

I’m a scrog guy.

I love it. I’m proud of mine but the reigning defending champion of the world is @Dutchman1990

Check out his journal of the year and then if you get bored you can stumble through mine.

silver.

Welcome to the forum @Hubcap . It's a shame what's going on down there. Even worse that Hollywood and Washington DC want to turn it into a political spectacle. Hopefully you folks and the critters come out ok.

I like my soilless growing, I run Coco or pro mix (peat moss) not sure on the availability of that down there. Perlite is a really cheap soilless medium that's relatively easy to reuse.

Any questions ask before you decide, lots of folks with lots of experience here, odds are someone else has been down that road or one similar before.

Welcome to the forum @Hubcap . It's a shame what's going on down there. Even worse that Hollywood and Washington DC want to turn it into a political spectacle. Hopefully you folks and the critters come out ok.

I like my soilless growing, I run Coco or pro mix (peat moss) not sure on the availability of that down there. Perlite is a really cheap soilless medium that's relatively easy to reuse.

Any questions ask before you decide, lots of folks with lots of experience here, odds are someone else has been down that road or one similar before.
Thanks mate there are alot of things we cant get here compared to you. Coco and peat moss and perlite are readily available. Im leaning toward coco and perlite, however im stuck on the nutrients, what to use?

Im trying to find dutchman1990 grow journal of the year but im not very tech savvy. I will find it though.
I got alot of reading to do. Stay safe and green, Hubcap

Right on. I do like Coco.

For nutes I personally use Dyna-Gro it's not terribly expensive and I use it through the entire grow. Along with some calmag and some silica nice and simple. Maybe that's available there? It's a 3-1-2 ratio I feed at about 500-700ppm depending on plant size and temperature in the tents. The big name big price stuff really doesn't make a difference. Folks are having good luck with "MC" I think it's mega crop or something like that. It's a dry granule so costs are really low.

Here's one of Dutchman's threads

Hey @Hubcap and welcome to the 420 Mag! Sorry to hear about all the troubles with the fires over there I hope they get controlled soon!

I run PromixHP as well which was mentioned by @TurboBucket and have a few DIY tutorials and how-to’s in my journal! If you have any questions at all just ask and I’ll be happy to help out!

Welcome to a fantastic community for medicine gardening! Oy oy oy! LOL
Depending on what's easily available to you down under will decide which route will be better. Even though I'm still in a prohibition part of the U.S. i can still get what I need either online or at my local garden center and hydroponics store.
If you have access to DynaGro it's pretty affordable, super simple and produces well when used with coco. If bottled nutrients are tough to come by then maybe an organic soil would be a better route or something in a water soluable powder form like growmore so you're not paying to ship 95% water around the world. The next most important item (especially for illegal gardens) is air filtration. A good carbon filter/fan combo is a must to keep odor down. Some strains have a strong odor in veg so don't hesitate too long because it will keep you out of jail! Just so happens that most are made with Australian carbon.
Otherwise it never ever ever hurts to amend whatever media you grow in with some beneficial microbes either mychorrazae, recharge, mammoth p, or even my favorite earthworm castings! I use them so much that i started a worm bin in my garage. Except hydro...dont want to put too much biology in a hydro system = evil slime! Booo

Welcome to a fantastic community for medicine gardening! Oy oy oy! LOL
Depending on what's easily available to you down under will decide which route will be better. Even though I'm still in a prohibition part of the U.S. i can still get what I need either online or at my local garden center and hydroponics store.
If you have access to DynaGro it's pretty affordable, super simple and produces well when used with coco. If bottled nutrients are tough to come by then maybe an organic soil would be a better route or something in a water soluable powder form like growmore so you're not paying to ship 95% water around the world. The next most important item (especially for illegal gardens) is air filtration. A good carbon filter/fan combo is a must to keep odor down. Some strains have a strong odor in veg so don't hesitate too long because it will keep you out of jail! Just so happens that most are made with Australian carbon.
Otherwise it never ever ever hurts to amend whatever media you grow in with some beneficial microbes either mychorrazae, recharge, mammoth p, or even my favorite earthworm castings! I use them so much that i started a worm bin in my garage. Except hydro...dont want to put too much biology in a hydro system = evil slime! Booo
Thanks mate, we can get nutrients easy, its just the better quality ones (according to overseas growers) dont make it to Aust.
Air filtration, i want the AC Infinity cloudline T6 with their carbon filter BUT i cant get it shipped to me. I need to be super quiet as the man and women who live next door are police officers. Otherwise i would grow in my backyard, but cant take the chance of them looking over fence. I will climb this hill may just take a bit longer than i hoped and cost a little more, but i will save in the long run.

THANK YOU TO YOU AND ALL WHO HAVE REPLIED TO ME. I love how the cannabis community help each other. GOOD KARMA TO ALL. Stay safe, Hubcap.

Thanks mate, we can get nutrients easy, its just the better quality ones (according to overseas growers) dont make it to Aust.
Air filtration, i want the AC Infinity cloudline T6 with their carbon filter BUT i cant get it shipped to me. I need to be super quiet as the man and women who live next door are police officers. Otherwise i would grow in my backyard, but cant take the chance of them looking over fence. I will climb this hill may just take a bit longer than i hoped and cost a little more, but i will save in the long run.

THANK YOU TO YOU AND ALL WHO HAVE REPLIED TO ME. I love how the cannabis community help each other. GOOD KARMA TO ALL. Stay safe, Hubcap.

Dude, you're in good hands.
For example my grow is so stealth that I've had neighbors standing in the driveway with the garage door open with no clue there's herb growing 10' away!
Also, i keep a can of linen scented air freshener near the grow and if we get paranoid just a small spritz and it smells like we're doing laundry!

Back
Top Bottom