Glookie (V2) - Delps8 Does NASC/Barney's Farm Glookies In DWC Again

1711306435796.png

Day 36 of flower - about another month and then refurb the tent over the Summer for the grow starting in the September. I've already got the seeds and the H2O2 bottle is locked away…

Buds are starting to stack, the leaves are getting very sticky, and there's a strong funk in the garage. Water was good at about ¾ gallon.

I've had the doser in monitoring mode for a while, which allows me to see pH rise. Per the copy and paste from my journal, it dosed 1 CC of Up since yesterday afternoon. The res has been very stable, now that I'm past the goat rope of using Bloom nutes*.

1711306841660.png

For the past few weeks, I've been switching to my external driver in the afternoon, the goal being to keep temps <= 84°. That's worked pretty well but there's been one little hitch — the dimmer on the driver freaked out and set the driver to 100%.

Yeh, that sucked. I noticed it when I checked on the tent one evening and one of the buds was at 1230µmol. That was way out of whack and it took a couple of seconds to realize that the tent was really bright. I checked the wattage reading and it was 320. Huh?! I reset the dimmer and started taking readings when Bang! the light levels took of. Shit.

Fortunately, it takes just a few seconds to switch between the internal and external drivers but I was not too pleased since this is the second dimmer I've had fail. I submitted a warranty ticket but haven't heard back from them but at least I've got the driver in the tent that I can rely on. If the one in the tent fails, I can just raise the light and I've got a Mars SP 3000 that I bought back in 2021. Of course, I could use is as an excuse to go with the Spider G5000 which is my current favorite for a 2' x 4'. I would buy another Growcraft but they haven't gotten around to publishing their PPFD maps + their "We're not taking new orders because…" spiel is a warning sign to me. I know they laid off one customer service rep and my support request has not been answered in 5 days so Chilled is in the penalty box.

The light was maxed out for a few hours but the only damage I can see is that one cola fox tailed, the one in the right front of the tent. That's frustrating because that is a large cola but, as soon as I saw it, my mind flashed back to one grow in 2021 that fox tailed. They look very similar but here's to hoping I'm wrong about that. This little plant has been through enough; I don't need a smaller crop because of a low quality dimmer.

My light hasn't been my best buddy but between the humidifier, the Controller, and the heater, everything is coming up roses, so to speak. VPD has been at 1.3 for a while and that's where it's stayed for days on end. Having a heater that works with the controller has been a huge boon because I'm able to drop night time temps yet still maintain VPD.

1711309424293.png

Yesterday, overnight, and today. 82° to 76° overnight and VPD has ranged from 1.19 to 1.33.
1711310677154.png

The cola that I think will foxtail.
IMG_1684.jpeg

Pretty happy plant.
IMG_1700.jpeg

IMG_1704.jpeg

There are two Govee sensors in the tent. I added those because I want to understand how temp or RH might be different in different places in the tent. After a couple of days in those locations, Thing 1 and Thing 2 ("Cat in the Hat" right!) tell me that the temps are the same but the RH is a few % low on the left side. OK, so even with two fans blowing around in the tent, RH still varies.

So what's the use of that? Not much but that's just a trail run. It will be more interesting when I put those sensors in various places in the plant. I've read about "micro-climates" existing under a canopy and that's what bit me in the ass a year ago (bud rot). This plant is a lot more open than a year ago, thanks, in part, to my novel approach in using H2O2, so the numbers will be different but it's a start.

*Why picking on Bloom nutes? I have made a practice of using the same formula of Jack's 3-2-1. That's part of the KISS principle, right. Despite that, I decided to try Bloom nutes for this run "because…".

pH tends to rise when vegetation is being created and it tends to fall when flowers are being created. That's standard behavior in flowering plants. I've seen that pattern since I started growing and it's what the people who understand plant chemistry understand, too. What I wasn't expecting was just how much the K and the ammoniacal nitrogen would impact the res. Between those, that sucking sound came from the contents of my bottle of Down being "translocated" into the res.

The pisser is that, according to this page, hydro grows already have access to lots of phosphorus. In terms of the need for K in flower, cannabis plants need it so that seeds will have nutrients, according to Dr. B.

The bottom line - yet another instance of a well intentioned grower doing something that the grower thinks will benefit the plant yet, in reality, it is of no value to the plant whatsoever. Lesson learned.

On that cheery note…. :)
So, what are foxtails, I've seen them I think they're cool AF I want my plant to foxtail 💚 however I've read multiple times where growers are like .. "damn, it's foxtailing.." is it a bad thing? Or does it mean the plant is rejuvenated and growing more again? What is it and why is it not a prized thing?

So, what are foxtails, I've seen them I think they're cool AF I want my plant to foxtail 💚 however I've read multiple times where growers are like .. "damn, it's foxtailing.." is it a bad thing? Or does it mean the plant is rejuvenated and growing more again? What is it and why is it not a prized thing?
It's typically a sign of a stressed plant. You can get it from pushing to much light and to much food/nitrogen in flower.

Some sativa's are more sensitive than indica dominant plants and some are almost impossible to control and keep shooting new shoots inside of buds all throughout flower.

So now they tell me:

Correlation is not causation but when it walks, quacks, and shits like a duck, there's a good chance it's a duck.

Last sentence in paragraph 3:
"Reducing ammonium as much as possible can also help, as ammonium can also antagonize calcium absorption due to its cationic nature."

There's no ammoniacal nitrogen in Jacks 3-2-1 but it was part of the Bloom nutes and I had some tip burn after using bloom nutes. The standard response tip burn is to reduce EC and VPD but I didn't understand why that was done. According to the author, the way to allow Ca to get back in balance is to reduce the growth rate and that's what reducing EC and VPD will tend to do.

A "foxtail" is a cola that does not form into a coherent, single mass. Instead the flowers at the nodes mature into separate, atrophied-looking buds. I believe that the THC content is unharmed but it's a PITA to harvest and there really aren't any "buds" just "strings" of pieces of flowers.

Here's a photo of "Jeff", the plant that fox tailed. The gory details are in the Gelato auto grow from 9/21. In that grow, it was too much light and I believe that one stem will be fox tailed in my current grow as a result of the faulty dimmer.

I'
Jeff 02.jpg

1711506642404.png

Yup, day 38 of flower. About a month to go and that will get me done before the thrips get froggy.

Big water yesterday at 1.4 gallons, down to 0.5 overnight. I could see a difference in the thickness of the buds yesterday. The everything is filling out. The leaves are getting sticky and the sent is sweet and maybe citrusy.

The doser is earning its keep. Ah, I'll just copy paste…

The runtime for the doser was overnight, a total of 13 hours and it did 2 bursts of 3 seconds for a total of about 1.2ML. And over the course of today, it ran one does or about ½ ML of Down. Good stuff, eh?

5859 = 5.8 on the doser and 5.9 on the monitor (I bought the monitor in 2017, the doser in 2023). They're both caliibrated 4 and 7 and, just like the docs say, are accurate to 0.05 units. When the monitor (the trailing two digits) goes up, I know that pH is moving slightly and the doser will jump to 5.9 in a little while and then plop plop fizz fizz, oh what a relief it is, for all you old goats out there who watched TV in the 70's.

1711507301053.png

Water, pH, lights!
One cola was at 1120-something. Oops. Added a ¼ ounce weight and got it down to 960. One fox tail is enough.

After three years, the tent weather is steady and, dare I say it, perfect. The weather outside has been mild (50-67) but that's well buffered by the garage (20 x 20). A big Walker dehu keeps RH in the 40's + add heat, as does the water chiller. That gives me 82° and 50% on the outside of the tent.

The inside of the tent is AC Infinity country. Three cheers for them (except those lights!) — the C69 + humidifier + their heater give me VPD of 1.3 almost 24/7. Temps - 80-84 in the day and the heater keeps it at 76 at night. I'm really pleased to see how well things have worked out, especially with the addition of the heater. That's the cat's meow.

And I just did a wag and I'm thinking that between the Walker, the chiller, the lights, and the AC Infinity gear, that's about $200 of electricity (I'm now using 50¢/KwH). This won't be a huge yield but, I gotta say, it's huge relief after losing two grows last year.

Oh, I put Thing 1 and Thing 2 in the canopy about 30 minutes ago. It's cool and moist in there - who knew? Both Gove's are reading 78° and RH is 64 and 67 while the RH at the sensor is ranging from 54.7 to 57. VPD is ranging from 1.2 to 1.32.

Oh, yeh, I've got two oscillating fans (ACI) running. One to move the mist from Hugh over the canopy, the other is aimed down from above the light. I decided to cross "Wind" off the chart - I bought a Uni-T anemometer and set things up so that oscillating fan is blowing at 2.6 m/s. I only found one recommended velocity for a grow room and that was 2 m/s so I'm thinking that the intermittent 2.6 + the fan aimed down from above the light should be good to get "wind" to optimal.

1711508572930.png

Just realized the above image is very short duration. This one is more informative:

1711508964492.png

VPD drops right at lights out but RH eventually drops enough to get back to 1.3±.

Looks scraggly in this view. :-(

IMG_1722.jpeg

Toward the back right. Filled in a tremendous amount, Colas are starting to stack.
IMG_1728.jpeg

I call this "Portrait of a Temperature and RH Sensor". Signed prints are available. :)

Yeh, rushed the shot and didn't look at what was actually in the photo. The left side is where Hugh's hose was aiming my…"growth inhibitor spray". Huge difference in the amount and structure of the foliage.

IMG_1729.jpeg

Portrait of an invader with its grappling hook deployed, though some people refer to it as a "Plant yoyo".
Thing 2 is located just right of center mass and it's now reading 67%. More air, drill sergeant, more air!

IMG_1736.jpeg

Thing 2 - below the canopy and very close to the res. Air temp is 78, same as Thing 1 which is in the canopy, but 3% drier.

IMG_1738.jpeg

That's all for now. I'll be moving the Things to different spots in the canopy and will also do some defol (the crowd gasps!) to see what's needed to get <60% in the canopy and around the buds.

The dehu has the garage at 35%± and it's not going be able to get it any lower. That 35% gets up to 45% in the rest of the garage and then another 10%± to hit VPD of 1.3 in the tent. That means that I'm about +10% in the canopy and that's an issue because I can't get the garage any drier.

Going to have to move more air and/or go to 1.4 VPD, perhaps.

Thoughts, comments, and cuss words welcomed.

1711506642404.png

Yup, day 38 of flower. About a month to go and that will get me done before the thrips get froggy.

Big water yesterday at 1.4 gallons, down to 0.5 overnight. I could see a difference in the thickness of the buds yesterday. The everything is filling out. The leaves are getting sticky and the sent is sweet and maybe citrusy.

The doser is earning its keep. Ah, I'll just copy paste…

The runtime for the doser was overnight, a total of 13 hours and it did 2 bursts of 3 seconds for a total of about 1.2ML. And over the course of today, it ran one does or about ½ ML of Down. Good stuff, eh?

5859 = 5.8 on the doser and 5.9 on the monitor (I bought the monitor in 2017, the doser in 2023). They're both caliibrated 4 and 7 and, just like the docs say, are accurate to 0.05 units. When the monitor (the trailing two digits) goes up, I know that pH is moving slightly and the doser will jump to 5.9 in a little while and then plop plop fizz fizz, oh what a relief it is, for all you old goats out there who watched TV in the 70's.

1711507301053.png

Water, pH, lights!
One cola was at 1120-something. Oops. Added a ¼ ounce weight and got it down to 960. One fox tail is enough.

After three years, the tent weather is steady and, dare I say it, perfect. The weather outside has been mild (50-67) but that's well buffered by the garage (20 x 20). A big Walker dehu keeps RH in the 40's + add heat, as does the water chiller. That gives me 82° and 50% on the outside of the tent.

The inside of the tent is AC Infinity country. Three cheers for them (except those lights!) — the C69 + humidifier + their heater give me VPD of 1.3 almost 24/7. Temps - 80-84 in the day and the heater keeps it at 76 at night. I'm really pleased to see how well things have worked out, especially with the addition of the heater. That's the cat's meow.

And I just did a wag and I'm thinking that between the Walker, the chiller, the lights, and the AC Infinity gear, that's about $200 of electricity (I'm now using 50¢/KwH). This won't be a huge yield but, I gotta say, it's huge relief after losing two grows last year.

Oh, I put Thing 1 and Thing 2 in the canopy about 30 minutes ago. It's cool and moist in there - who knew? Both Gove's are reading 78° and RH is 64 and 67 while the RH at the sensor is ranging from 54.7 to 57. VPD is ranging from 1.2 to 1.32.

Oh, yeh, I've got two oscillating fans (ACI) running. One to move the mist from Hugh over the canopy, the other is aimed down from above the light. I decided to cross "Wind" off the chart - I bought a Uni-T anemometer and set things up so that oscillating fan is blowing at 2.6 m/s. I only found one recommended velocity for a grow room and that was 2 m/s so I'm thinking that the intermittent 2.6 + the fan aimed down from above the light should be good to get "wind" to optimal.

1711508572930.png

Just realized the above image is very short duration. This one is more informative:

1711508964492.png

VPD drops right at lights out but RH eventually drops enough to get back to 1.3±.

Looks scraggly in this view. :-(

IMG_1722.jpeg

Toward the back right. Filled in a tremendous amount, Colas are starting to stack.
IMG_1728.jpeg

I call this "Portrait of a Temperature and RH Sensor". Signed prints are available. :)

Yeh, rushed the shot and didn't look at what was actually in the photo. The left side is where Hugh's hose was aiming my…"growth inhibitor spray". Huge difference in the amount and structure of the foliage.

IMG_1729.jpeg

Portrait of an invader with its grappling hook deployed, though some people refer to it as a "Plant yoyo".
Thing 2 is located just right of center mass and it's now reading 67%. More air, drill sergeant, more air!

IMG_1736.jpeg

Thing 2 - below the canopy and very close to the res. Air temp is 78, same as Thing 1 which is in the canopy, but 3% drier.

IMG_1738.jpeg

That's all for now. I'll be moving the Things to different spots in the canopy and will also do some defol (the crowd gasps!) to see what's needed to get <60% in the canopy and around the buds.

The dehu has the garage at 35%± and it's not going be able to get it any lower. That 35% gets up to 45% in the rest of the garage and then another 10%± to hit VPD of 1.3 in the tent. That means that I'm about +10% in the canopy and that's an issue because I can't get the garage any drier.

Going to have to move more air and/or go to 1.4 VPD, perhaps.

Thoughts, comments, and cuss words welcomed.
Things are looking good my friend. I like that water uptake !!! Things are starting to fill out nicely and will only get bigger and stickier from here!! Looks like she is entering mid flower and did you say Defol !! :) I found this on a well known breeders site and it has alot of good information and posted it here it even talks about a light defol in mid flower Take a Look. Question How often are you pulling air for your garage into your tent to aid in regulating the RH ? If you have the ability to lower the temp it would aid in in your quest . Also I see those YOYO"S :).

Things are looking good my friend. I like that water uptake !!! Things are starting to fill out nicely and will only get bigger and stickier from here!! Looks like she is entering mid flower and did you say Defol !! :) I found this on a well known breeders site and it has alot of good information and posted it here it even talks about a light defol in mid flower Take a Look. Question How often are you pulling air for your garage into your tent to aid in regulating the RH ?
Yup, things are "fattening up". Water uptake has been pretty consistent and tent RH has only been in the 50's so I'm thinking a lot of water is going into the plant.

Thanks for the link to that a grower's guide, esp. the idea of pruning at 40 days. Which just happens to be today! :)

Every part of the plant is covered with sticky so I'll glove up to remove some of the larf-in-the-making.

Re air flow - interesting to see what the opinions are on that. I checked about a dozen sites - I didn't capture the query string that I used with Goolge :-( — and the consensus ranged from exchanging the air in the tent from once every three minutes to once a minute to three times a minute. The latter was the outlier, with only one site recommending that.

The tent has a 4" AC Infinity fan which is a replacement for the original fan that came with the tent back in 2017. That fan was the "whirling dervish" style. The new fan is really quiet and is hooked into the C69+.

I took a WAG at setting it at 5/10 and, as it turns out, that's a pretty good setting to use.

If you have the ability to lower the temp it would aid in in your quest .
I'm dropping it a bit but want to keep everything >=76°. When temps get > 82, I'll unzip the tent a bit or open the back door a bit which brings cool air right along the backside of the tent.

[checks AC Infinity app]

It's up to 82 again so I'll crack the door open.

Also I see those YOYO"S :).
Yoyo's? Not aliens with tractor beams? OK, good to know. Heh, don't laugh - I do live in Southern California, right?

Yup, things are "fattening up". Water uptake has been pretty consistent and tent RH has only been in the 50's so I'm thinking a lot of water is going into the plant.

Thanks for the link to that a grower's guide, esp. the idea of pruning at 40 days. Which just happens to be today! :)

Every part of the plant is covered with sticky so I'll glove up to remove some of the larf-in-the-making.
You're very welcome, I found it to be a good read. Sticky is Great!
Re air flow - interesting to see what the opinions are on that. I checked about a dozen sites - I didn't capture the query string that I used with Goolge :-( — and the consensus ranged from exchanging the air in the tent from once every three minutes to once a minute to three times a minute. The latter was the outlier, with only one site recommending that.

The tent has a 4" AC Infinity fan which is a replacement for the original fan that came with the tent back in 2017. That fan was the "whirling dervish" style. The new fan is really quiet and is hooked into the C69+.

I took a WAG at setting it at 5/10 and, as it turns out, that's a pretty good setting to use.
well with the rh being so low in the room outside the tent and if the temp is also a tad warmer. I don't know if your infinity controller has the ability to turn a fan on or off with an rh or temp setting. If it does I would try running it with an rh range set to your liking and see how the temp works out as far as air exchange. when your not running co2 the worst thing that can happen with how often you do an air exchange is the tent running a similar rh & temp to the room its in. Other than that it maintains a constant atmospheric co2 concentration
Yoyo's? Not aliens with tractor beams? OK, good to know. Heh, don't laugh - I do live in Southern California, right?
I'm not laughing. I'm smiling. You could call them flower grapplers! haha :).

1711683011259.png

Yup day 40 and that wreath is filling out. Lots of foliage in the tent and, because of the veg light + LST, it's only the very ends of the branches that are getting any height. Funny - an 8' tall tent and I'm growing plants that are not much more than 18" tall.

Thing 1 and Thing 2 are Bluetooth sensors from Govee and they're $12± each. Mr. Amazon Man delivered three more of them today and I'l get them in strategic locations in the tent tomorrow. I'd love to just drop them in the tent but it takes about 24 hours to calibrate for RH.

Thing 1 is in the thick of it and max RH is 63%. Couple that with 80°± and I should be fine for bud rot. I did put two USB fans under the canopy so there's good air moving around underneath.

Why the sensors? A better understanding of what's actually happening in the canopy. It's $60 out of pocket, granted, but the information I get from it help me understand what's happening in the tent and, when I post the information here, that information can be of value to others. I'm not claiming to be a saint, not in the least — I figure I'm able to do little stuff like this that other growers may not have the scratch to do or might not think to do it so it's a pay it forward thing.

What I'm seeing now is that even with all the foliage, thanks to temps at 80± in the day and mid-70's during lights out, botrytis should not be able to spread. OK, that's not a sure thing but the pointed headed guys talk about botrytis striking when temps are cooler and RH higher than my current conditions.

Some interesting info here and here. My overnight temp is 76 and overnight RH is in the 40's. The RH in the canopy is in the low 60's but the tent is at 80° so I think I'm in good shape.

Some of the articles that I've read point out that larger colas are often infected because they tend to stay moist. Well, my 2201 grow had monstrous colas. Below is a photo of one of them.

IMG_7458.jpeg

Huge yield with a tent full of foliage but no sign of bud rot.

Why's that? It was the same time of year as my grow that got bud rot last year but the 2201 grow was autoflowers that were getting light 20 or 21 hours a day (going from memory), In contrast, my 2301 grow, beautiful plant that got bud rot, was a photo and I didn't have the on-demand, smart, forced air heater setup that I've got now.

IMG_7406.jpeg

I've had the heater keeping the tent at 76 so I'm drawing 300 watts for the light and, perhaps, that same amount for the heater. That's 300± watts 24 hours a day at California electricity rates. I guesstimated $200 per month for electricity - I'll find out soon.

Tent weather is really good and the plants are responding. Only issue is a little bit of what I think is a magnesium def. Some of the older leaves in the back left corner have some copper-colored spots. I'll do a foliar of Epsom salts tomorrow and see if that helps and can always do a new res in a few days, if need be.

0.9 gallons overnight and the doser added 0.6 ml Up, so good water, pH slowly rising, and EC steady.

Fiddled with the canopy a bit - two of the buds were >1100 again so I added small weights and got them back down to to a more reasonable PPFD. This won't be a great crop so there's no sense in pushing my light levels and possibly causing more fox tails.

Oh, on that note — I emailed Chilled again and no response. They have a warranty that they've failed to honor. They're dead to me. I'm not going to not use the lights that I've got but I will share my experience with other growers. I'm a big believer in "markets". Make a good product, I'll spread the good word. Can't support a warrant, f*ck you.

My new 2' x '4 best light is the Spider G4500. Gobs of light but, better yet gobs of light with a superb lightcast. And $400±. Can't beat that for a 2' x 4'

From this AM.
1711685038103.png

Nice looking little cola.
IMG_1747.jpeg

And more…
IMG_1748.jpeg

This is where I'm seeing the nute def
IMG_1749.jpeg

I won't have the huge mass of foliage that I in previous grows but harvesting will be a lot easier (I can rationalize just about anything…)

One thing I've got to noodle through is how much I should use the veg light + LST. In the past few grows, I've used too much. I want taller plants so I'm thinking to use the Vipar XS 1500 + the puck in seedling, then use the veg light for just a couple of weeks before switching to the flower light for the rest of the grow. But there's plenty of time to figure that out. For now, I'm looking at < 30 days to harvest (I hope) and then drying in the Koolatron.

That's all for now.

You're very welcome, I found it to be a good read. Sticky is Great!
Yeh, I took a look at things yesterday and had to use alcohol to get the resin off my arms. I used alcohol when it was time to get cleaned up. Well, soap and water for my arms and bourbon for the grower. :)

well with the rh being so low in the room outside the tent and if the temp is also a tad warmer. I don't know if your infinity controller has the ability to turn a fan on or off with an rh or temp setting. If it does I would try running it with an rh range set to your liking and see how the temp works out as far as air exchange. when your not running co2 the worst thing that can happen with how often you do an air exchange is the tent running a similar rh & temp to the room its in. Other than that it maintains a constant atmospheric co2 concentration
The Controller 69 is "one step" programmable - it controls devices when a condition occurs. That includes temp, RH, time of the day, or a schedule. If I had control over RH, that would be great but, as I put it, I can only influence RH.

The humidifier has running at 30% for a few weeks and RH in the garage is 45%±. In the tent, RH is 45-60% but I know that it's up to 63% in the plant. That's where the Govee sensors are very helpful. The three pack of Govee's should be done calibrating today. I'm going to get them in the tent today.

Re. air change - I'm at 1.3 changes per minute. I found about a dozen sites that had info on air flow into a tent and most recommend 1 change per minute, per below. I'm running my fan at 5 or about 83CFM and 83/68≈1.3

1711819371351.png

Coupled with the temps and RH, I think I'm in good shape but I'll have a better understanding once I get a 24 hour look from the Govee's tomorrow.

I'm not laughing. I'm smiling. You could call them flower grapplers! haha :).
Heh, that works too!

Yeh, I took a look at things yesterday and had to use alcohol to get the resin off my arms. I used alcohol when it was time to get cleaned up. Well, soap and water for my arms and bourbon for the grower.
Great combo there! Works well for me too!

Side note/question. Are you willing to share your grow log spreadsheet? I’ve built mine, well at least started it and just need to do all of the daily data pull formulas for each day into the cover sheet.

I would be interested to see what yours looks like :)

Great combo there! Works well for me too!
:)

Side note/question. Are you willing to share your grow log spreadsheet? I’ve built mine, well at least started it and just need to do all of the daily data pull formulas for each day into the cover sheet.

I would be interested to see what yours looks like :)
More than happy to share the code and am always open to ideas.

Issue - how to send the file?

These are these worksheets in the workbook but they're pretty basic.

1711832836962.png

I'm not using the language too much. I was a real Excel jock in the 80's, including writing a product that I sold as shareware. Excel is dramatically different now and I haven't kept up with the product. Back in the 90's a lot of my business was from people who had outgrown Excel so they turned to my company for help (I design and populate the database as well as design and write the front end).

[checks K20ncp's "About me" - he was 10 when I released that product]

Ouch :)

The only code that's does much of anything is the code that calculates the dates.

=IF(B979<>"",B979-sproutDate,"")
=IF(A979>0,INT(A979/7)&"."&MOD(A979,7),"")
=IF(B979<>"",B979-sproutDate-47,"")

Other than that, it's just using some absolute references and assigning names.

The Events page is below and this formula is in column C

=IF(D25>"",A25-flowerDate,"")

1711834045123.png

:)

More than happy to share the code and am always open to ideas.

Issue - how to send the file?

These are these worksheets in the workbook but they're pretty basic.

1711832836962.png

I'm not using the language too much. I was a real Excel jock in the 80's, including writing a product that I sold as shareware. Excel is dramatically different now and I haven't kept up with the product. Back in the 90's a lot of my business was from people who had outgrown Excel so they turned to my company for help (I design and populate the database as well as design and write the front end).

[checks K20ncp's "About me" - he was 10 when I released that product]

Ouch :)

The only code that's does much of anything is the code that calculates the dates.

=IF(B979<>"",B979-sproutDate,"")
=IF(A979>0,INT(A979/7)&"."&MOD(A979,7),"")
=IF(B979<>"",B979-sproutDate-47,"")

Other than that, it's just using some absolute references and assigning names.

The Events page is below and this formula is in column C

=IF(D25>"",A25-flowerDate,"")

1711834045123.png
I will shoot you a pm with email address.

I was quit the “excel jock” at one point in the ‘90s as well.

Basically I tabbed out daily entries like DLI, VPD, daily highs, lows and averages for VPD, Temp, and humidity, then daily growth, and then just pulling that data into the main tab and can work that data however I want. The way I have the main tab built is on weeks so 2 weeks in sprout, 7 weeks in veg, 1- 2 weeks transition and then 9 weeks(if needed) for flower.

I will shoot you a pm with email address.

I was quit the “excel jock” at one point in the ‘90s as well.

Basically I tabbed out daily entries like DLI, VPD, daily highs, lows and averages for VPD, Temp, and humidity, then daily growth, and then just pulling that data into the main tab and can work that data however I want. The way I have the main tab built is on weeks so 2 weeks in sprout, 7 weeks in veg, 1- 2 weeks transition and then 9 weeks(if needed) for flower.
"excel jock" - kindred spirit!

I'll get to your PM in a bit, thank you.

You're using Excel as a datastore and then summarizing on a weekly basis. Good idea to get insights into your grow.

@No Pain has fled the chat…. :) (inside joke - @No Pain has, gently, chided me re. "data" and you come along with a "Here, hold my beer!" move)

Just poked my nose in the do a mea culpa and to bitch about the weather.

Personal things have kicked my ass so I've been "skiving". Mea culpa and I'll be posting later today.

Just wanted to bitch about that notorious Southern California weather. We're going through a couple of weeks of temps that are about -8 for the 30 year average and we're getting lots of rain. I don't mind it that the temps aren't that high (though it was 64° in the house when I woke up this AM), but with the high RH outside, DeHugh can only get the garage down to 50%. Add in transpiration and RH in the tent could be an issue.

But we're at the top of the food chain because we can shape our environment so it's technology to the rescue. I bought a small dehu to build a Koolatron dryer but haven't built the Koolatron yet so I decided to put the little dehu in the tent. A few weeks ago, I bought a little Vivosun tent dehu, ran it overnight, and it did nothing so I didn't have a lot of hope for the Pohl Schmitt. Fortunately, that was not the case.

It took a little over four hours, but the RH in the tent dropped from 55% to 51% and, more importantly, RH in the canopy dropped. It's only 4% but, heh, I'll take it.

The Govee's have finished calibrating - they've were steady overnight so I'll get them in the tent today.

More, later.

1711985681871.jpeg
1711985695534.jpeg

1712019564820.png

20 days to go?

Ran the Govee in the hedge for a few hours and RH was 60±. Decided to remove all doubt.

No you see it…
IMG_1793.jpeg
IMG_1796.jpeg

Now you don't.
IMG_1798.jpeg

1712021881925.png

After hacking away almost ½ of what was left, I suspect I won't have and issues. Tent RH is 48, one Thing is in the 60's, the rest in the 50's. Harvest has gone from "modest" to "meager" but at least the Pacific Gas and Electric willet something out of it!

A big driver for the haircut is the weather. We've had a La Niña for months and that bring cool temps and lots of rain, just like it did last year. I was hopeful that we'd get into Spring with decent weather but the forecast is 60's and 50's so I played Paul Bunyan just to be safe.

I'll moving in the next couple of months and I might not be able to find a place where I can set up my tent. I want to keep growing in hydro so I need a place that has a faucet in the garage as well as a place to dump the nutes. That's not easy to find here - most homes have finished garages with built in cabinets and spaces for his and her Teslas and that's about it.

The slight nute issue hasn't gotten worse. I'm thinking it could be because I've added back 13 gallons which is right at 50%. I held off on doing the res today but it won't be as cold tomorrow I'll do a new res. EC 1.4 worked well for this res, so that's my number for tomorrow and that should be the last res for this grow.

The dehu in the tent is supposed to be for my Koolatron weed dryer. I could leave it in the tent and then quick-like-a-bunny put everything together for the Koolatron. My tendency is to err on the side of caution - get another dehu and build the Koolatron now rather than take a chance on something going wrong and that will ensure that the Koolatron is ready before I harvest. On the other hand, why bother? With my legendary DIY skills, what could possibly go wrong?

Yeh, I'll order another dehu. :)

Did light this AM:

1712022567079.png

I removed the big bud up front that was fox tailing and I think that was the one at 1073. Hell, I won't even need to use the Apogee tomorrow. I'll just wave the Uni-T around and deal with anything that's >60k lux.

1712019564820.png

20 days to go?

Ran the Govee in the hedge for a few hours and RH was 60±. Decided to remove all doubt.

No you see it…
IMG_1793.jpeg
IMG_1796.jpeg

Now you don't.
IMG_1798.jpeg

1712021881925.png

After hacking away almost ½ of what was left, I suspect I won't have and issues. Tent RH is 48, one Thing is in the 60's, the rest in the 50's. Harvest has gone from "modest" to "meager" but at least the Pacific Gas and Electric willet something out of it!

A big driver for the haircut is the weather. We've had a La Niña for months and that bring cool temps and lots of rain, just like it did last year. I was hopeful that we'd get into Spring with decent weather but the forecast is 60's and 50's so I played Paul Bunyan just to be safe.

I'll moving in the next couple of months and I might not be able to find a place where I can set up my tent. I want to keep growing in hydro so I need a place that has a faucet in the garage as well as a place to dump the nutes. That's not easy to find here - most homes have finished garages with built in cabinets and spaces for his and her Teslas and that's about it.

The slight nute issue hasn't gotten worse. I'm thinking it could be because I've added back 13 gallons which is right at 50%. I held off on doing the res today but it won't be as cold tomorrow I'll do a new res. EC 1.4 worked well for this res, so that's my number for tomorrow and that should be the last res for this grow.

The dehu in the tent is supposed to be for my Koolatron weed dryer. I could leave it in the tent and then quick-like-a-bunny put everything together for the Koolatron. My tendency is to err on the side of caution - get another dehu and build the Koolatron now rather than take a chance on something going wrong and that will ensure that the Koolatron is ready before I harvest. On the other hand, why bother? With my legendary DIY skills, what could possibly go wrong?

Yeh, I'll order another dehu. :)

Did light this AM:

1712022567079.png

I removed the big bud up front that was fox tailing and I think that was the one at 1073. Hell, I won't even need to use the Apogee tomorrow. I'll just wave the Uni-T around and deal with anything that's >60k lux.
I know you wanted to remove all doubt and have the fear of bud rot that you had dealt with in the past . For the future and do with it what you will my friend. I personally feel that you would have been fine with an rh of 60 especially with air movement . after all the sweet spot for cured flower is 58-62rh .Just food for thought.

I know you wanted to remove all doubt and have the fear of bud rot that you had dealt with in the past . For the future and do with it what you will my friend. I personally feel that you would have been fine with an rh of 60 especially with air movement . after all the sweet spot for cured flower is 58-62rh .Just food for thought.
I appreciate that argument and in a "normal" grow, I wouldn't have cut much of anything. My concern was getting air into the canopy — it was very, very dense so I decided to err on the side of caution.

Ironically, even after removing all that foliage, the Govee's are still reporting 60±, with one at 68 and one at 65.

What's interesting about this is that the tent is at 51± but even "bare naked" the RH in the canopy is 10% higher.

RE. "after all the sweet spot for cured flower is 58-62rh" - very true. I hand't thought of that but I was watching a YT video and that was the exact argument that the speaker was making and, I agree, that's a great way to frame it

In the back of my mind, though, was how this
IMG_0213.jpeg

end up like this

IMG_0210.jpeg

That plant had two 6" fans under it and it went right down the crapper over night or maybe a day or two.

So, yeh, a little skittish and, arguably, an overreaction but I don't want a a repeat of that disaster.

I'm also going to change my growing style. You've nudged into thinking about two plants in the tent and, if I do, it won't be two shrubberies in a 2' x 4. To do that, I'll have to do a lot less LST and will use the veg light for just a week or two and then switch to the flower light so they go vertical.

Back
Top Bottom