GoldenGreenNaija's Amnesia Haze Auto Grow Journal - 5/1/2018

GoldenGreenNaija

420 Member
Strain: Amnesia Haze Auto

Acquired from: Royal queen seeds

Location of grow: West Africa (Tropical area)

Transplanted seedlings on 5/1/18

Growth stage: seedling

Medium: Dark rich soil in 20L buckets outdoors

Nutrients: none

Due to frequent rainfall in the area haven't had to water much.

Hello;

I took a soil sample from the location where the soil in the 20L containers was taken from and gardeners in my neighborhood say it is loam soil. Which contains sand, silt and a bit of clay. This is what everyone uses and as far as I've been told it won't be a problem regarding root growth.

As far as drainage goes I was told it wouldn't be a problem and the pictures look that way because there was a lot of rain the previous night.

Also I've been told I won't need extra nutrients because the soil is rich enough.

I'm also rather concerned about replanting as 2 of the seedlings appear fragile at the moment.

I've decided to leave them as is..

I appreciate you checking in..

Strain: Amnesia Haze Auto

Acquired from: Royal queen seeds

Location of grow: West Africa (Tropical area)

Transplanted seedlings on 5/1/18

Growth stage: seedling

Medium: Dark rich soil in 20L buckets outdoors

Nutrients: none

Due to frequent rainfall in the area haven't had to water much.

Today's pictures 5/16/18
2 of my seedlings seem small compared to their sister..

I'd repot and add a lot of perlite. It doesn't hold moisture and aids drainage. I'd do it while they are in this stage. They take about 25-30 days to really get going. By then you lose out on the time when the plant is setting roots. Just a suggestion. Ultimately it's your grow, we are just along for the ride! ES.

I'd repot and add a lot of perlite. It doesn't hold moisture and aids drainage. I'd do it while they are in this stage. They take about 25-30 days to really get going. By then you lose out on the time when the plant is setting roots. Just a suggestion. Ultimately it's your grow, we are just along for the ride! ES.

Thanks! I actually got the same comment from another gentleman in this forum. The soil looks packed but it's not as bad as it looks.
Everyone uses this as a growing medium in my area and I don't want to transplant as I've lost 5 seedlings before these guys.

I'm starting another plant with mostly Sandy soil as a growing medium as a control experiment.

I'll keep the journal updated.

Thanks

evening goldengreen, it seems we are on the same land mass then, I'm on the very bottom of Africa so I do have a very good idea of the soil you are using, both the previous gentleman @Blew Hiller @Electric Shaman i have crossed paths with as have friends in common.

But I'll also advice you to add aeration to your soil mix for your seedlings cause s you are growing an expensive seed there and you don't want to lose anymore I hope.

I know the neighbors advice is meant as good advice and there vegetable gardens look amazing if they growing veggies.

They vegetable you are growing has different things it needs to grow and aeration around the roots is 1 of those things my friend... the soil I use is similiar but I've added things that I hope will help my soil....

actually if you can't get perlite or such, I use sheep or goat poop which has been dried by our hot sun here in Africa in my veg garden outside. Works well for aeration purposes too.....:high-five:

So I finally re-potted! The new medium is 80% sand and 20% loam soil (original medium shown in early posts).
The biggest plant started to wilt within minutes but recovered nicely later in the evening.
I figure the stunted growth of the 2 plants lagging behind might be indeed due to the drainage issues associated with the previous planting medium.
Hopefully they all start growing vigorously.

Here they are..

Hello GGN,

I think your plants have a better chance now. Keep in mind sand has its own challenges. It drains exceptionally well. You will be watering a lot to keep up with drainage and evaporation.

I'm thinking if you can top dress the sand and loam with dried manure it will do your plants a favor. When I started growing in the mid 1970s the soil I used was mostly manure and sand. We grew some big potent weed with that mix. Lots of manure and lots of water. Just a suggestion. ES.

good evening goldengreen, how ya doing, how's the weather is it getting cold yet as I'm having a rather warm winter so far...

in regards to your new mix, I'm not sure if that will work and you might of made it worse, but I'm making a random observation that all that sand you've now added might work something similiar to a hempy bucket but if you only going to feed it water I don't know if that will work...

Let me check with a cpl people and see if they can offer you some advice @SweetSue @Pennywise.
There are lot more people but those 2 might be able to help you more than I would.

Good Green day to you

Hello GGN,

I think your plants have a better chance now. Keep in mind sand has its own challenges. It drains exceptionally well. You will be watering a lot to keep up with drainage and evaporation.

I'm thinking if you can top dress the sand and loam with dried manure it will do your plants a favor. When I started growing in the mid 1970s the soil I used was mostly manure and sand. We grew some big potent weed with that mix. Lots of manure and lots of water. Just a suggestion. ES.

thank you kindly @Electric Shaman for stepping in....:high-five:

I agree that top dressing with manure or worm castings will help or you can water with a lite nutrient mix. Sand will have little or no nutrients in it so you will have to supplement.

Back
Top Bottom