Gonna Grow A Nice Tree In '23!

As I watched the sun make an appearance for about 5 minutes I am seriously questioning the efficacy of my 6 hot air solar panels. While I haven't kept close track of the sunny days I know they are few and far between and at 5 hours of usable heat producing sun on the good days that also means 19 hours, everyday, of non producing hours and 24 hours on bleak days. So how much heat do I lose by having 12 - 4" holes thru the wall?? Now, on a good sunny day at the peak I get 60 C of nice warm air but does that balance out?? I'm starting to guess NO!!!

As I watched the sun make an appearance for about 5 minutes I am seriously questioning the efficacy of my 6 hot air solar panels. While I haven't kept close track of the sunny days I know they are few and far between and at 5 hours of usable heat producing sun on the good days that also means 19 hours, everyday, of non producing hours and 24 hours on bleak days. So how much heat do I lose by having 12 - 4" holes thru the wall?? Now, on a good sunny day at the peak I get 60 C of nice warm air but does that balance out?? I'm starting to guess NO!!!
Can you put a flap or something temp controlled to close when there isn’t any heat.
Might be hard to retro fit. :Namaste:
Hope it works out ok.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Hey Bill - I'm trying to lay off for a few days to see if I can lower my tolerance a bit - but - in a couple of days I'll take a big hit and see if my brain can do some cypherin' and come up with a solution!!! :hmmmm: :hmmmm: I have to chuckle at some of the great ideas I come up with and jump immediately to a totally unrelated topic and can't for the life of me remember what my great idea was!!!! All I remember is - It was phenominal!!!

Just for fun I opened up a jar of "Weed Elixer" that I made back in the summer, just to take a sniff!!!!
Note to self - "Don't do this in the shop again !!!!!!!!"
Hoooooly Crap!!!!! That shit stinks!!!!!!!!! :thedoubletake::rofl::thedoubletake:

May as well post a pic here as well........Introducing "Rollita"!!!!!!!
Next -25 C day I'm ready to make Winter Hash!!!

dsc05746-jpg.2645525

Full story is in my signature!!

I am watching the weather forecast and I see that we may get down to -20C in the next couple of days.....soooo...I'm getting all set up to make winter hash!!!!! This will be to see if my shaker box gizmo works. I probably won't run all I have but I'm bored .....
I've also been studying long covid a bit...hate to sound like a hypo....hypercond....hysteri......whatever - sick geek!!!
Anyway, my ears have been plugged up since Sept. - hearing is back pretty much but it still feels weird. And it seems that I have a lot of the symptoms, fatigue, anxiety, horny, wait, what, NO!!! Horny is OK!! Anyway I think I am building up a bit of a tolerance so I may lay off for a few days
Have any of you guys had a tolerance issue - I've never measured how much I use on average - using vape, one hitter hooka and edibles I don't think I would be over a decent sized joint in a day... how much is too much. I think it helps with anxiety but I also don't get a lot done in a day. Luckily I don't have to and if I have a project it gets done and am glad to have something to fiddle with.
Any opinions out there in Growland??
I was at -27 to -30 last weekend. Used a 120 micron ans still a little disappointed of the keif at that temp.
Bubbled the rest.

I also got covid for the forst time last fall. Got a pneumonal infection and short of breath. Having a tad problem with my hearing also' The music seems so much louder then the actors' articulation.
LMFAO @ horny! :rofl: I think age has alot to do with it, Ihave 56 years.

I have pretty much everything at my disposal. Pot, kief, hash and even vapes which I seldom use. I am even in the midst of making some glycerin extraction for under the tongue. Added some dehydrated raspberry for flavour.

So for the tolerance issue.... You might like to try keeping a journal as you would for your grow. My present cafe racer strain gives alot of energy but I suck at multi-tasking. Take notes of your dosage along with the hour that you take it.

Anxiety shouldn't be an issue unless you are using more than you should and feeling guilty about it for sitting on your ass all day! :bongrip:

I am living well, with little pain in my back this year, due to proper dosing. Sativa to gat shit done, Indica for a better night sleep works for me.

Great work "Rollita"! :thumb:

What micron?

The music seems so much louder then the actors' articulation.
Yes!!! Yes!!!!! and Yes!!!!!! Pisses me off!!!! I was watching Le Brea a few nights ago and I'd love to talk to the sound engineers!!! There is constant unneccessary, far too loud background noise. Drives me right round the bend!!!

Anxiety shouldn't be an issue
The anxiety isn't due to weed - it's just an underlying thing that's more due to my personality (or lack there of :rofl: ) and the weed really seems to help with that. I still think it's part of long covid.
You might like to try keeping a journal as you would for your grow
Hell, I have trouble keeping track of using this nasal spray three times a day!!!! Ear Doc says "You're cured, your estch...eutash....falopian tubes are clear!!!!" I say "But my ears still feel like they are plugged up!!" Him "Well, they aren't" "bye" Well, shit - get used to plugged up ears I guess!!!:thedoubletake:

I think age has alot to do with it, Ihave 56 years.
I have 71 - everything hurts!!! Thank gawd for weed!!! After my prostate surgery, It was my boys that got me started with CBD cartridges ...little did they know where that was leading!!!! :rofl: So, I guess CBD is a gateway drug!!!!:rofl:

This pretty fellow has been hanging around my bird feeder - he's not nervous of me being around.
nc_ohc=8aeYL4ioJWcAX9MFsac&_nc_ht=scontent.fykz1-2.jpg
Ring Neck Pheasant, beautiful bird's.
Wonderful. :thumb:
Hope everything is going well my friend.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

So, I picked up a bale of HP Mycorrhizae mix and a can of Gaia Green all purpose fertz - must be getting the itch!!!! Now if I'm able to resist the urge to drop some seeds.
Just for the hell of it I may see if I can switch these little characters over to a swick system. They are fighting like hell to stay alive. I am going to try to do it without moving them, just predrill a hole at the edge of the bottom and work a string up into the soil. Stay tuned!!!! The tall one is about 6" and the other three about 3" and believe it or not they are about 2 months old.
DSCF5156.JPG

OK - My Sippy Swicky!!!! I think the string is jute. It is left over from when giant macrame plant hangers were big
in the '70's!!
They are a bit tippy and I need to block the light from the roots so I will build another tray today....
DSCF5159.JPG

The big gal on the right is the only one that is not damp to the top. These poor little characters are about 2 months old - just surviving. Window light and chilly nights!!!

I think the string is jute. It is left over from when giant macrame plant hangers were big
How does it wick, have you tested its ability to draw water up high enough? Jute's natural like cotton so I'd imagine it would work fine but I always liked to test new materials to know for sure.

How does it wick, have you tested its ability to draw water up high enough?
The test I did seemed to work fine. I took the large thread apart so that it is one thread folded in half. The original rope was about 3/8" made up of about 8 strings. One string seems to be enough. The test I did was the rope cloth pinned to a solo cup - the complete rope and clothes pin were soaked in about an hour. I'll watch to see how they do in this set up.
DSCF5162.JPG

Back
Top Bottom