PsillyRabbit Grows A Tree

PsillyRabbit

The information leading to this point will be a wall of text however this is the story.
PH is monitored and adjusted to 6.44 when needed. Plants are trimmed many times throughout the entire grow.
Light soil mix (10:1 soiless/ FFOF)
- November 19th the first of five White Russian ( AK47 X White Widow)/ Serious seeds germinated after being direct sowed into 1 gallon pots.
- December 19th first of five Caesar ( Original glueX Triple OG)/ Exotic genetics germinated after being direct sowed into 1 gallon pots.
- FishSh!t is used for the first month for both plants ,Followed fish emulsion at various strengths. By month 3 both strains received the same nutrients.
- 60 days the nicest 4 plants from each strain are transplanted into 3 gallon smart pots with a richer mix (7:winkyface:1 soiless/ FFOF/worm castings)
- Various nutrients, mycohrizae, foliar sprays, top dressings, and amendments used.Including but not limited to Nectar for the Gods, Fox farm, Foop. Every watering is PH adjusted to 6.44
-90 days two winners with female pre flowers are transplanted into milk crates with Smartpot liners about 8 gallons in an even richer mix (5:3 :2 soiless/composted manure/FFOF)
At 90 days the taller plant is at 24 inches and I started to train the main leader into the desired shape.

Tomorrow on day 100&70 of the veg there will be pics. Feel free to comment share experiences related to this or ask questions. I Understand many would consider this pointless, useless, a waste of time ,space and resources...A seed planted in April can grow 14 feet tall.
After growing for over a decade this is something I have always wanted to do as a celebration now that it is legal.
What I can gather from tree growers is that chasing the plants original root vigor is the key. Not starting early. So it will be fun to see.

During the month of April I have a sheltered space outdoors I can keep the tent. This will help the plants acclimate to night time temperates and humidity. In addition it will make it easier to move the plants out into various amounts of sunlight while they acclimate to full sun. At the end of April temperatures permitting plants will go into the amended earth with supplemental lighting up to 17 hours.

The information leading to this point will be a wall of text however this is the story.
PH is monitored and adjusted to 6.44 when needed. Plants are trimmed many times throughout the entire grow.
Light soil mix (10:1 soiless/ FFOF)
- November 19th the first of five White Russian ( AK47 X White Widow)/ Serious seeds germinated after being direct sowed into 1 gallon pots.
- December 19th first of five Caesar ( Original glueX Triple OG)/ Exotic genetics germinated after being direct sowed into 1 gallon pots.
- FishSh!t is used for the first month for both plants ,Followed fish emulsion at various strengths. By month 3 both strains received the same nutrients.
- 60 days the nicest 4 plants from each strain are transplanted into 3 gallon smart pots with a richer mix (7:winkyface:1 soiless/ FFOF/worm castings)
- Various nutrients, mycohrizae, foliar sprays, top dressings, and amendments used.Including but not limited to Nectar for the Gods, Fox farm, Foop. Every watering is PH adjusted to 6.44
-90 days two winners with female pre flowers are transplanted into milk crates with Smartpot liners about 8 gallons in an even richer mix (5:3 :2 soiless/composted manure/FFOF)
At 90 days the taller plant is at 24 inches and I started to train the main leader into the desired shape.

Tomorrow on day 100&70 of the veg there will be pics. Feel free to comment share experiences related to this or ask questions. I Understand many would consider this pointless, useless, a waste of time ,space and resources...A seed planted in April can grow 14 feet tall.
After growing for over a decade this is something I have always wanted to do as a celebration now that it is legal.
What I can gather from tree growers is that chasing the plants original root vigor is the key. Not starting early. So it will be fun to see.

During the month of April I have a sheltered space outdoors I can keep the tent. This will help the plants acclimate to night time temperates and humidity. In addition it will make it easier to move the plants out into various amounts of sunlight while they acclimate to full sun. At the end of April temperatures permitting plants will go into the amended earth with supplemental lighting up to 17 hours.
:popcorn:

Stay safe
Bill

Here is a few shots from the first 100 days. Plant "5" is White Russian plant "E" is Caesar

a4-5.jpeg

b3.jpeg

plant5a.jpeg

plantE.jpeg

psycoshot1.jpeg

t7.jpeg

Plants are thirsty since I let em dry out to move them around for the pics. They live under a "2000" watt equivalent outdated blurple. The plants are probably too close to the light. I wont argue that. However I feel the bulk of the plant has accurate spacing. Plants get rotated 90 -180 degrees ever day or switched from the right to the left space.
White Russian day 100. Trimmed off the bottom 10 sets of nodes, the next 10 set of nodes were cut to two shoots. Started to bend the top over at 24 inches.

I Am trying to avoid bushes branching out 6+ feet at ground level. I will be doing a lot of trimming that might be detrimental to the final weight. The aesthetics of the habit is really more of a concern for me. Kinda aiming more for a hydrangea "tree" shape. Accept with a spiraled main leader.

day100blurpleshot.jpeg

day100silloutee.jpeg

day100ruler.jpeg

day100.jpeg

day10033inches.jpeg

Although I want "trees" I have done many things to govern the plants growth.The plants have always been happy but you can see signs of wear in the leaves. Most notability some "packing issues" a lot of new leaves just don't open up right. Some that are already open are wrinkly even after watering. These are some things i have done to govern my plant whilst still trying to keep them as happy as possible.

-Small starter pot size (1 gallon)
-lowest hours of light possible (17)
-Strong oscillating fan when the light is on from day one
-Dry side. I let them completely dry out sometimes drooping before watered again
-Lagging on transplants& container size (60 days 3gal/90 days 8 gal)
- Halved all of my bottom branches. leaving a tun of small branches reaching vertically. In turn robbing the top of a normal hormones and growth.
- light is too close to the tops. In attempts to keep the plant as a whole in a good range.
---------- If these steps were taken I can imagine the plants could be as much as 2X larger---------------
- Start in 3 gallon
- 22-24 hours of light
- Lower setting fan/ less direct currant
- More frequent waterings
- Transplant into large pots more often
- Completely remove all unwanted branches
- Raise light and add supplemental lower lighting

The shape and aesthetics are actually more important to me than yield. My garden is a big deal to me and these will be the center pieces this year instead of hiding tucked away.

I'll be hanging around if you don't mind Rabbit.

This looks too interesting to pass up. :Rasta:

I'm glad to entertain. I hope all goes as planned.

For veg I have 4x8 crop protection cage for support and to house the lights. I'm gonna head to the park and cut down bamboo poles for extra support.

1664482850701.png

For September I have a 6 x8 pop up green house that will be positioned up over the center of the plants like an umbrella. It wont get all of it but should help me get some choice nugs.

1664482888228.png

Girls have hit a window of extreme growth. I am getting worried : nervous laugh : Even with very moderate amounts of Nitrogen. I will snap pics tomorrow 1 week from the last picture update. Every day some tips are pinched to keep branches lower than the main leader that I am attempting to loop around(avatar).A hard pruning/ thining will be needed this week.

Inb4 page 2, gal looks good, looking forward to following along

I should of named this thread Empire records cause i'm gonna have the beefiest ladies in the state :cool:
Crazy, with 8.420 million people only 150,000 people applied for a medical license. It was so easy it took 10 mins( +150$) on the computer with no real medical history needed. The doctor asked me if I had any question then said ok were all good... Got it 3 years in a row just so that it would be legal to grow my own medicine when the time came.
If 6 mature plants were permitted I would grow normal (QPish sized plants). Unfortunately we are only permitted 3 mature plants. Thus bean stalks .

Not the best pics but they show the size and color. I will post some pics after they receive a thin out. I have saved all healthy branches and leaves i ever removed since day one. i a m going to mulch the plant with them when they go in the ground.

77:107.jpeg

77.jpeg

77a.jpeg

77b.jpeg

107.jpeg

107a.jpeg

107b.jpeg

107c.jpeg

Today these girls got a decent thining out.To this point (80/110) days the leaders have been trained using a very light hand. A stakes was inserted in each to help keep the bend in the main leader at the desired height. It was physically tied down on the White Russian.
Girls need almost 1.5 gallons of water a day to stay happy right now.
Not the most entertaining post but figure its a landmark of-sorts as far as a grow log go.

caesarday80trainandcut.jpeg

80daycuts.jpeg

80daycaesar.jpeg

110daywrstake.jpeg

110 cuts.jpeg

day 90 Caesar - Day120 White Russian

Everything is going according to plan. The desired shape is spot on, health/ vigor is as expected and PH is still on point. The next 4-6 weeks I will start to acclimate outdoors. The main leaders are being shaped and weight trained with sticks into the right direction. I tried to show how the spiral is being achieved with pictures.
TBH these ladies are heavy and awkwardly shaped so I cant be bothered moving them away from the LED just for a picture.
Thoroughly drenched when feeding, aloud to dry for one day. Then receive a PHd spot water on the 3rd day and back to a full watering on the 4th day. Tips pinched as they reach above the main leader and a general shape up is given about once a week. Sorry for the dark blurry blurple shots... Soon they will be in sunlight.
The first shots show how i tied the main leader to a pole to keep it in place. I used parafilm so the plant can flex and bust out of it as apposed to green tape that would girdle the stem.
The training sticks i'm calling "scaffolding" starts off by being tied up tight to the same pole just above the main leader pointing in the desired direction . This first stick acts as a guide. As the main leader grows new sticks are tied on to the first stick in the desired direction. These additional sticks not only act as a guid but weigh down the main leader adding to their ability to help train.

tied up.jpeg

tiedup1.jpeg

scaf+Tup.jpeg

scaf.jpeg

scaf3.jpeg

Day 98 Caesar -Day 128 White Russian
I was being frugal and choked up on the fox farms grow big since I was running out. The last three feedings where very low( like a teaspoon a gallon) ;the plants let me know. The green lighten up a shade and the new branches where smaller/spindly. I have plenty of Foop for when they are moved outside but it smells so terrible it cannot be used indoors. I ended up dosing them with hydroponic nutes go grow nutrient packs it was early before work and I only remember the NPK 16-4-17. It was used at 1/3 the recommended dose. They did get a little burn but over all think it was still a solid move. At some point the blurple broke and the entire "veg" side or red spectrum does not go on. The resulting blue spectrum probably added to some stunting.
The main leaders have busted out of their parafilm restraints.Today was a hard trim day, here is a few shots to help tell the story. Before this journey started I was told by many-many growers this would be a waste. A seed planted at the end of april will yield the largest possible plants. That it basically is all about keeping root growth unhindered during growth I am in no position to disagree yet but I am starting to find it hard to believe. Feel free to comment or critique.

silhouette day 128.jpeg

WR128.jpeg

wr128 36+.jpeg

wrbustedout.jpeg

wrtopview.jpeg

wrtrim128.jpeg

wr128mainleadertrain.jpeg

caesar98.jpeg

caesar98 34+.jpeg

caesartrim98.jpeg

day 114/144
The girls have had some nights as low at 47F. Today I forgot to open the greenhouse before I left for work. When I check my phone the temp in there hit 102F! Babe came home for lunch and opened it up in nick of time. I thought I was gonna come home to droopy half baked girls but they hardly seemed fazed. Im glad i watered this morning.

afterwork.jpeg

102f.png

Back
Top Bottom